I... I can't drive anymore.
我不能开车了
I wish I could, but...
我很想开 可是...
I need that, to have a driver.
我不得不雇一个司机
That's okay.
没事的
My brother was in an accident last year.
去年我哥哥遭遇了车祸
A taxi ran over his leg. He can't drive either.
出租车碾过了他的双腿 他也不能开车了
That's terrible.
太可怕了
This is what I love about
我就喜欢这样
coming into homes like this-- is the acceptance.
来到这样的家庭 充满了包容
This is what America has more than any other country--
这正是美国远远优于别国的地方
acceptance.
包容
So you're working for the pesticide industry now.
现在你开始为农药公♥司♥工作了
Why would you say that?
何出此言
History.
你的过去
Last time we met,
上次我们遇上时
you gloated about helping big pharmaceutical.
你帮制药公♥司♥打赢官司 还幸灾乐祸
Yes, and you defended the wife-killer Colin Sweeny.
是的 而你曾为杀妻凶手科林·斯威尼辩护
So you save JNL money by stealing our class action
你是打算抢走我们的集体诉讼案
and negotiating a lowball settlement.
以低价达成和解帮JNL公♥司♥省钱
Very smart.
真聪明
Mrs. Florrick, you seem like such a nice woman on the outside,
福瑞克夫人 从外表看您非常美丽
and then I get this glimpse of the darkness within.
但我却瞥见你内心深处的邪恶
You're going to have
这次你可得
to try harder this time around. I'm on to you.
加把劲了 我盯上你了
It helped you in there.
刚才你干得好
They loved it when you attacked my car.
跟他们说我坐名车 厉害
There can only be one class action.
案子就一个 我要跟你抢嘛
Yes. I'll see you in court.
没错 等法官决定吧
No! No! Yes. Just consider it foreplay.
别接别接 要接的 你就当是前戏
Well, then you have to find it.
下次先把你手♥机♥藏起来
Yeah, what's up?
喂 怎么了
Oh, I have this deposition...
人家都准备好了
Then there's this continuance... Well, don't worry about it.
你居然喊延期审理 别担心
The judge will never...
法官才不会...
No, no.
别去 别去
All right, I'll be right in.
好 我就来
You know what I think? I think you're gay.
知道吗 我猜你是同性恋
I think your gay lover phones every time
我们每次做♥爱♥前
we're about to have sex and calls you away.
你的基友就来电♥话♥调虎离山
Oh, yeah?
是吗
I'll have you two over for dinner sometime.
那下次咱仨吃顿饭
All rise.
全体起立
Good morning. And welcome.
早上好 欢迎
Uh, before we begin today,
不过开始之前
I want to remind everybody about the... blood drive.
我想提醒各位 积极献血
I don't want to hand down any declarations,
我不想强迫各位
but blood supplies are low,
但血库存量不足
so I leave it to you and your conscience.
希望各位自愿自觉
Now, I understand that we have a disagreement
好了 听说这件集体诉讼案
over a class certification.
代理权有点小纠纷
Ms. Lockhart, you are looking formidable today?
洛克哈特女士 志在必得啊
Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官大人
We represent the community of Fallstrom
我们希望代表福斯姆社区
in their suit against JNL Pesticides,
向JNL农药公♥司♥提起诉讼
over a recent infertility and miscarriage cluster,
为其所导致的大批不孕与流产索赔
and we're asking you to certify our class.
希望您能批准
And yet there seems to be an overlapping contention.
但还有另一方意图代理
Mr. Canni-- Canning, is it?
坎 坎宁先生是吗
Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官大人
Hello.
您好
Hi. Being new to your court,
你好 初次见面
I should probably explain a few things.
我可能要解释几件事
This movement that you see,
我会做些滑稽的动作
I have a syndrome called Tardive Dyskinesia,
是因为我患有迟发性运动障碍
and it results in these uncontrollable movements.
身体不听使唤
That's good to know.
我知道了
My sister-in-law suffers from Huntington's.
我嫂子患有亨廷顿氏舞蹈症
Huntington's. Oh, my gosh.
亨氏症 天啊
Yes, it requires a bravery that I couldn't imagine.
对 非常考验人的意志
I commend you, sir, for even being in this court.
您还能坚持上庭 我向您致敬
Oh, no, please...
不不 过奖了
One foot in front of the other.
只不过是一步一步走来的
I very much doubt that. Oh, dear God.
对你来说也不容易 老天啊
And so you want to represent this class, is that right?
你也想代理这起集体诉讼吗
Yes, I've signed up several of the neighbors in Fallstrom,
是的 我已经和许多居民签约
and I believe I'll be
我很自信
the strongest advocate in the case against JNL.
我会打好这起官司
Your Honor,
法官大人
until very recently, Mr. Canning was in-house counsel
坎宁先生曾任MRG医药公♥司♥的法律顾问
at MRG Pharmaceuticals.
近期才离职
For the last eight years,
过去的八年中
he successfully defeated class actions
他曾多次在此类集体诉讼中为该公♥司♥辩护
identical to this one.
使之无需赔款
It is our contention that he is a Trojan horse
我们有理由怀疑 他是被告方的特洛伊木马
helping to certify this class in order to destroy it.
想釜底抽薪 以规避赔款
So, Mr. Canning, is that true?
坎宁先生 是这样吗
Are you a Trojan horse?
你是传说中的木马吗
Well, I definitely like being compared to anyone in Homer.
能被比作荷马史诗中的任何一人我都感到荣幸
But, no, sir.
但我不是木马
For the last eight years, it's true,
没错 过去的八年里
I have worked against people like Lockhart & Gardner
我常与索赔方唱对台戏
and worked to demolish class actions like this one,
帮雇主抵挡集体索赔案
and I was paid handsomely for it.
我确实获利颇丰
But six months ago I quit.
但半年前我辞职了
I sold my stock options and I went out on my own
我卖♥♥掉了股份 自立门户
because I saw the error of my ways.
浪子回头 痛改前非
I'm here representing myself as an advocate for this class
这次我为索赔方代理
precisely because I used to be on the other side.
正是因为我曾助纣为虐
Well, uh, I can only certify one class,
我只能批准一家代理
so the members of the losing class
那么落选方所签的客户
will join the ranks of the winning
将划归获选方
and the losing lawyers... or lawyer
而落选的律师团 落选的律师
will be dismissed.
则须退出此案
So, in four days time, i would like both law firms to return
那么四天后我们再见
and whichever has the most members in their class
谁签到的客户多
will be certified.
谁就获得代理权
That's, uh, that's all.
好 就这样吧
Oh, and don't forget, if you're a blood owner,
噢别忘了 有热血
become a... Blood donor.
就... 就献血
Where are we?
现在情况怎样
We're up by six households.
我们领先6户
Our life is numbers these days.
生死就看这几天了
Okay, $55 million depends on getting signatures,
多签客户 5500万就到手
so let's go.
抓紧吧
We're broke.
我们没钱了
We have cash on hand
还有些现金
for three staff members through the election.
能雇起三个人的竞选团队
Yeah, that's the story of my life.
我就这个命
Always recruited by the losing team.
谁的船快沉了 就来拉我陪游
Yes, but we're the underdogs; we're hard to dislike.
我们势弱 很值得同情
And why do I get the call?
那为什么找我
How have I shown myself deserving?
看上我哪点了
We heard you quit Eisner & Gowan, Wendy's polling firm.
听说你从温迪的民♥意♥调查公♥司♥辞职了
So we naturally assumed that you were unhappy.
你肯定是有不满
We need a cheap pollster,
我们想找个取费低廉的民调人
and we thought you'd like the chance to get back at them.
看到你闲着 就估计你想复工
Okay.
行
They were lying to her,
温迪的调查员谎报军情
telling her she had the youth vote sewn up.
让她以为拿下了年轻人的投票
And she doesn't? Mmmmm.
其实没有? 没错
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表