you can't object to your own co-counsel.
你不能反对你自己的合作律师啊
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官大人
Relevance.
问题与本案无关
I think
我认为
I'll overrule that on absurdity alone.
我只能驳回这荒唐的反对了
You may answer.
请回答
Yes, I was sent a document for review.
是的 我收到一份需要审阅的文件
As collateral for Mr. Canning's loan?
是坎宁先生贷款的附属担♥保♥物吗
Yes.
是的
Uh, we loaned Mr. Canning $4 million for this lawsuit,
我们给坎宁先生这场官司贷款400万
so we needed to see all relevant documents.
所以我们要审阅所有相关的文件
And this document under discussion
那这份需要审阅的文件
was prepared by JNL Pesticides
是不是JNL农药公♥司♥准备
stating how much they were willing...
说明其所愿支付的...
Objection! Objection!
反对 反对
Your Honor, this document was part of evidence,
法官大人 这份文件是其中一件证物
and is, therefore, privileged.
因而 该文件具有特许物权的
It, therefore, cannot be used in court.
因而 不能用于当庭
That would be true, Your Honor,
法官大人 此言不虚
except that Mr. Canning pierced his own privilege
但坎宁先生已自行破坏这一特许物权
by showing this document to a hedge fund.
将证物出示给对冲基金
Now, he can't have it both ways.
两权不能同时执行
Either it's privileged, or it's not.
或拥有特许物权 或放弃
And now... it's not.
从目前情况来看 该权利失效
Your Honor?
法官大人
That seems a particularly good point,
这个论据很有力
Mr. Canning. You can't pick
坎宁先生 当要求特许物权时
and choose when privilege applies.
不能既要求又破坏
Do you have anything else?
你还有什么要补充的吗
No, Your Honor.
没了 法官大人
Okay, I'll admit it. Nicely played.
好吧 我承认 干得不错
Thank you.
多谢
You still have to make a deal.
你们还是要谈要价的
My guess is it'll be easier now.
但我觉得现在会容易些了
So, that was all cynical, right?
那你之前所做所为 都是愤世嫉俗咯
You were just trying to lower the amount of the award?
你就是想降低赔偿要价
I think people were harmed here,
我相信那里的人是受害者
and I think companies ought to pay for their mistakes.
也认为公♥司♥应当为他们所犯的错误进行赔偿
But I think companies are paying too much for their mistakes,
但我认为要价太高了
and I think lawyers are helping people
而律师在帮助人们
distort the amount of harm.
故意扩大化伤害
That's all.
就是这样
So, if that's cynical, then...
如果这样就是愤世嫉俗 那么
I'm a cynic.
那我就是个愤世嫉俗的人
The bells ring no, no, no, no, no, no, no
钟声响起 喏...
The bells ring no, no, no...
钟声响起
It worked. That's one of his votes.
成功了 这是他的支持者之一
Looks like he's sending him back to D.C.
看来他要把他打发回华盛顿了
Hmm. I love it.
是的 我喜欢
The bells ring no, no, no, no
钟声响起
How was your South African soccer player?
你的南非足球运动员怎么样
Fictional.
我编的
I don't know what this is. I...
我不知道为什么 我..
I don't like needing... anyone.
我不喜欢自己这么... 渴望另一个人
I know.
我了解
It's not commitment.
不代表承诺
It's just preferential treatment.
只是区别对待
I can deal with that.
我懂
Mmm! You smell like you.
嗯 你闻上去就像是你
You smell like Will.
闻上去像威尔
I thought I could do without it.
原来我忘不了这个味道
But you have to be more gentle with me.
以后你得对我更加温柔点
I'm not as tough as I look.
我不像表面看起来的那么坚强
Okay.
好
The bells ring No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no
钟声响起
We're climbing with the 18 to 25 year-olds.
我们在18到25岁人群的支持率在上升
Congratulations.
祝贺你
Suddenly I'm hip.
我也成了潮人了
I never thought you weren't.
我从未质疑过这一点
The rapper Young Boxer--
那个说唱的年轻拳击手
he's going to do a benefit concert for me.
他会为我义演
So, how was your day?
那你今天过得如何
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表