"Will, I need a moment of your time."
"威尔 我想和你说点事"
And he'll be like, "Okay."
然后他会说 "好的"
Like that, kind of manly, like.
语气很男人那种
And then you say...
然后 你说
What?
什么
I've been watching you for 15 years.
我默默注视了你15年
I'm tired of shoving love to the side
我已经厌倦了把自己的感情掩埋起来
and serving other people.
成全他人之美
I can't think of anything more important
现在我想不出我的生活里
in my life right now,
还有什么事
than the feeling of your breath on my neck,
能比让你现在就同我
your hands on my breasts.
翻云覆雨更重要
I can't do that.
我才不会那么说呢
It's Alicia-time.
艾丽西娅的时光
Shut up.
别说了
Good to have you back, ma'am.
很高兴再见到你 女士
Did you try to buy
你是否试图购买♥♥
the rights to Mr. Edelstein's story?
关于艾德斯坦先生的故事的版权
Yes, among others.
是的 还有其他几个想买♥♥的
And why did he turn you down?
他为何拒绝了你
Well, I imagine he can tell you that.
我想这个问题应该由他来回答
But he said he didn't want his story told.
他当时说他不希望宣扬自己的故事
Do you know what this is?
你知道这是什么吗
That's a T-shirt,
是件T恤
with a likeness of the actor
印着电影里面
who plays the part of Patric Edelstein.
演帕特里克·艾德斯坦的演员
That's right.
没错
I purchased it downstairs, not a half-hour ago,
我不到半个小时以前在楼下买♥♥的
for $23.99.
23.99美元
Was it licensed by your studio, ma'am?
这是你们制片厂授权的吗 女士
I don't think Mr. Preston has the answer to that.
我不认为普莱斯顿先生能回答这个问题
Yes, it was licensed by our studio.
对 是我们制片厂授权的
And you're also selling a book
而且你们也在卖♥♥一本
about the "Making Of". Is that right?
关于拍摄花絮的书 对吗
Excuse me, Ms. Lockhart.
抱歉插一句 洛克哈特女士
We would argue that our movie's a transformative work of art.
我们的电影是一个经过加工的艺术作品
And therefore impervious to any "right of publicity" claim
因此我们不存在任何艾德斯坦先生
by Mr. Edelstein.
所提的版权问题
Meaning it's a work of art,
也就是说这是一个艺术作品
and not a work of commerce? That's correct.
而不具有商业用途对吗 没错
The Supreme Court has shown great bias
最高法♥院♥对非盈利的这种艺术表述
for free, non-commercial expression.
总是持偏爱态度的
Thank you for that clarification. You're welcome.
感谢你澄清这点 不客气
Anything to save us some time here.
我们只是尽量为大家节省时间
So, ma'am, talk to me about
那么 女士 请谈谈
the product placement in the movie.
电影的广♥告♥植入情况
Objection. That's irrelevant to this deposition.
反对 这与这次作证无关
Shall we let the court determine what's what, Mr. Preston?
要让法♥院♥来裁决一切吗 普莱斯顿先生
Ma'am, could you tell me how many companies
女士 你能告诉我有多少家公♥司♥
placed their products in your movie?
在电影里植入了广♥告♥吗
Twenty-three.
二十三家
My goodness. That's a lot of artistic expression to divvy up.
我的天 表现艺术的形式还真是多种多样啊
And how many products did these 23 companies place in the movie?
那这23家公♥司♥在电影里展示了多少种商品呢
I'd like to call a halt to these proceedings
我呼吁暂停一下
till after lunch. Thank you.
午饭后继续 谢谢
That was fun.
这很有趣
The last thing they'll want to do is open their books.
他们简直不想再谈下去了
Thank you. Both of you.
谢谢你们
You're, uh, making this an entertaining ride.
你们把这事变得有意思起来了
Trying to give you your money's worth.
我们只是想让你的钱花得值当
Oh, no.
不好
How dare you.
你怎么能这样
What's wrong, Viola?
怎么了 维奥拉
Sit down.
坐下说
You're stealing him!
你在拉拢他
You are trying to steal Edelstein.
你在想方设法抢走艾德斯坦
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
I told you it was a loser.
我告诉过你这官司该输
I shared the wealth,
我和你分享了这份财富
I could've shared it with anybody in Chicago!
我可以在芝加哥找任何人做这件事
We're trying to win a case for your client, Viola.
我们只是在想办法帮你的客户胜诉 维奥拉
Oh, no!
别说了
Don't, don't try to turn it noble.
别把你做的事说的那么高尚
You are showing off for him.
你这是在他面前卖♥♥弄
And what's worse,
更糟糕的是
I have to hear it from Preston.
我还得从普莱斯顿口中知道的这消息
I have to hear it from the opposition!
我是从对手那里知道这一切的
You heard it from our opposition
你从他那得到消息是因为
because he's afraid we're beating him.
他害怕我们打败他
Just... go to hell!
去死吧
It's no wonder that they call you
难怪他们在背后
an ice queen behind your back.
都叫你冷血女王
Where is this coming from, Viola?
你这股怒气到底从何而来 维奥拉
I've been nothing but straightforward with you--
我从头到尾都在真诚待你
You've been nothing but a conniving bitch!
你是个老谋深算的荡♥妇♥
And another thing.
另外
You're fired.
你被解雇了
Ms. Walsh...
沃尔什女士
you're fired.
你被解雇了
Thank you for coming in, Mr. Abaire.
谢谢你来这里 阿拜耳先生
And you've worked for your automotive company for how long?
你在你的汽车公♥司♥工作多久了
Ten happy years.
愉快的十年
Our tin anniversary.
还有这么个纪念章呢
And you work in their product integration department?
你在他们的产品集成部门工作对吗
Yes.
对
And you negotiated with the studio
你负责与制片厂协商
to have your automobiles placed in their movie?
在电影里插入你们汽车的广♥告♥对吗
Yes. The 2011 La Havre.
对 2011年款勒哈弗尔
Uh, two passive placements, and one integrated placement.
两个被动置入 一个整合置入
"Passive" meaning beauty shots-- and "Integrated"?
被动指的是特写镜头 那整合呢
Uh, meaning there had to be at least one mention of the automobile's features.
就是必须有至少一处提及汽车特征
For example,
比如
our voice-activated onboard navigation system.
我们汽车的声控导航系统
And how was this movie sold to you?
你觉得这部电影的卖♥♥点在哪呢
Uh... well, I... I don't understand.
我 我不明白
Was Mr. Edelstein's name used
艾德斯坦先生的大名
in trying to convince you to place your cars in the movie?
是你在这部电影里投入广♥告♥的原因吗
Oh, yeah, of course.
是的 当然了
It was between this movie and Social Network.
当时我们在这部电影和《社交网络》中选择
Would you have agreed to pay the studio
如果这部电影与艾德斯坦先生无关的话
if the movie had been not about Mr. Edelstein?
你还会付广♥告♥费给制片厂吗
For example, if it had been about
比如 如果电影讲述的是
a fictional computer programmer.
一个虚构的电脑专家
Oh, uh, no. Of course not.
不 当然不会了
I think we can call a halt to this.
我想我们需要暂停一下了
Really? I think we have a few more questions.
是吗 我们还有几个问题没问完呢
You won.
你们赢了
Take yes for an answer.
我们答应你们的条件
$35 million.
三千五百万美元
And an apology.
还要道歉
We're sorry.
我们很抱歉
Thought you had a home.
你在这儿有房♥子吧
I do. Lake Forest.
恩 在森林湖
When I work past 11:00, the government is required
如果我过了夜里11点还要工作 政♥府♥会
to pay for in-town accommodations.
负责我的住宿费用
How nice. My tax dollars at work.
真好啊 我交的税原来是这么花掉的
So Blake Calamar, huh?
关于布莱克·卡拉马尔?
That's a new name to us.
这可是个新名字
Really?
真的吗
I'm surprised.
没想到
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表