Is this a mistake? It's a process, Lara.
我这么做错了吗 慢慢来 劳拉
We have to go through it.
我们必须有这么个程序
Yeah, my friends will be like,
好吧 我的朋友也许会说
"What're you doing? "He's helping women. Suck it up.
"你在干什么 算了吧 他是女性维♥权♥者"
I thought you were on our side""
"我以为你会站在女性这边考虑"
It would make a difference if I had evidence, wouldn't it?
要是我有证据就不一样了 对吧
Well, it's difficult without it.
当然 没证据的确很难办
I still have to decide whether I want to do this. I know.
我还得考虑要不要这样做 我明白
No, I mean, um...
不 我是想说
I'm going to show you something,
我要给你看些东西
but I still have to decide whether I want to pursue this.
但我还得考虑要不要利用这个
The towel that he... used afterwards.
他事后用的... 那条浴巾
That's the one.
真家伙来了
This is unseemly.
太不成体统了
It'd take weeks to get DNA testing.
DNA测试需要几周时间
Even if we got a match,
即使结果吻合
it still doesn't necessarily support her story.
这仍无法证实她所说的
That could have come from an uncontrolled emission from the massage.
这可能是按♥摩♥时的意外射♥精♥
We are the dregs of society.
我们真是社会的渣滓
Okay, we get it, Diane.
好了 我们懂 戴安
You don't think he did it.
你不相信这事是真的
No, that's not getting it, Will.
你没懂我的意思 威尔
Believing in something bigger than yourself...
你在坚持一些你根本无法驾驭的事
If she was molested by Joe Kent, then Joe Kent should pay for what...
如果乔·肯特确有性侵犯 那他就该付出代价
That's not how it works.
事情并不是这样
And you know it. He pays for it either way.
你知道的 他不管怎样都会付出代价
He's innocent, he pays for it. She's lying, he pays for it.
如果她在撒谎 他是无辜的 他仍要付出代价
The 24-hour news cycle guarantees that.
24小时滚动播出的新闻可不是盖的
I think it's time we approach Mr. Kent.
我认为我们该和肯特先生接触一下了
His best-case scenario-- this goes away quietly,
不张扬地解决此事 对他最有利
so we try and settle now.
所以我们现在尝试和解
Shake him down?
敲他一笔?
No, settle before a trial.
不 争取不上庭 和解
It's what we do every day. It's what you do every day.
我们每天都这么做 你也每天都这么做
Look, I'll go.
听着 让我来
I know Mr. Kent's lawyer through a friend.
我通过一个朋友认识的肯特的律师
You have anything?
查到什么了吗
She's behind on her cable, her phone bills, her credit cards.
她的有线电视 电♥话♥ 信♥用♥卡♥都欠着账
She needs the money. Anything else?
她急需用钱 还查到什么
Uh, her roommate also works as a masseuse at the Foreland.
她的室友也是海角宾馆的按♥摩♥师
Um, the hotel staff is suggesting
酒店的员工暗示说
that both of 'em do a bit more than just massage,
她俩的服务范围 都比按♥摩♥要多一点
so I'm there now and I'll find out how much more.
我现在就去查查究竟多出什么服务
More as in sexual release?
性方面的服务?
That would be my guess.
我是这么认为的
But we don't want that?
但这不是我们想要的结果?
Well, we want the truth, but that's not the, uh...
我们想搞清事实 但这不是...
preferable truth.
不是我们所希望的事实
Right, and the preferable truth is that nothing happened at all?
我们所希望的事实是 什么也没发生?
But you still want to hear whatever I find out?
总之不管我查出什么 还是告诉你 对吧
Yes.
是的
It's appealing, running together, Peter.
和你一起竞选真令人激动 彼得
I respected you from afar.
当初 我仰视你尊敬你
You know that the state's attorney sets the goals for the department,
你知道 州检察官负责制定宏观目标
but that it's the deputy that runs it, so...
打理具体事务的是副手 所以...
That would be quite a step up from being...
你这一步跨得很大 你从...
A lowly staff lawyer?
从一个卑微的律师?
That's all right. That's what I am.
没关系 我就这样
Like I tell my daughters, I'm too big for my britches.
正如我对女儿说的 我就是这么狂妄自大
And there's all that, um... patronage Mr. Gold offered.
还有 戈德先生向我提出的授职
I think I don't have that many friends in Illinois.
我在伊利诺伊州没有多少朋友
Well, in my experience, friendship follows patronage.
经验告诉我 授职之后就会成为朋友
The thing is... Peter, I can't.
我把话挑明吧 彼得 我不会退出竞选
My whole reason for running
我参选的唯一目的就是
is to stop this legacy control of the state's attorney's office.
终结州检察官办公室这种一脉相承的领导
And that's no reflection on you, Peter.
这不是针对你 彼得
I just want to be able to look my daughters in the face.
我只希望我可以正视我的女儿
'Cause it's all about the fountain, right?
因为这一切都为了那个喷泉故事 对吧
It was so nice meeting you.
很高兴见到你
And it'll be fun doing battle. Can't wait.
竞争会非常有趣 期待之极
You know the one thing I hate more than a backroom deal, Eli,
伊莱 你知道比幕后交易更可恨的是什么吗
is a failed backroom deal.
失败的幕后交易
Of course, we'd love for this to go away.
当然 我们也希望这事能私了
The last thing we want to do
我们最不希望的就是
is accuse your client on the eve of his Nobel Prize speech.
在你客户诺奖演讲前夜 提起起诉
We haven't tested the towel yet for pre-seminal fluid,
我们尚未测试浴巾上的射♥精♥前遗漏液体
so this is a very good moment to settle this.
所以现在正是和解的好时机
Settle what?
和解什么
Our suit.
我们的诉讼
So, what do you think? What do I think?
你意如何 我意如何
I think we can settle this.
我们的确可以"和解"
Right now. Just pull down your pants and touch your toes.
就现在 你只要脱下裤子然后触摸脚趾
Don't make us take this public.
别逼我们公布于众
Why not? Hey, let's take it public together.
何不我们一起去公布于众
Right now. The Tribune's around the corner.
就现在 《论♥坛♥报》报社就在这个街角
Here's my card. Phone us by 11:00.
给你我的名片 11点前打我电♥话♥
What you have, Mr. Gardner, is a little bitch.
加德纳先生 你的委托人就是一个婊♥子♥
A little cheerleading bitch who's tired
一个带啦啦队的婊♥子♥
of turning tricks under the bleachers, and wants to accuse Joe Kent.
妄想登上大雅之堂 控告乔·肯特
Joe Kent. Say the words to yourself.
乔·肯特 自己念念这名字
Who comes out of that fight?
你觉得最后谁会获胜
This is legal malpractice, buddy.
你扔我名片是失职行为 老兄
Go to hell, you stupid son of a bitch.
见鬼去吧 你这个婊♥子♥养♥的♥
You two-bit shakedown leg-breaker.
你个不入流的坑蒙拐骗的狗腿子
You come to me with this scam-- this "Two encyclopedias for one" scam--
黑白两道你都想沾 你想用这种花招来蒙我
and you expect me to, what? Roll over? This isn't BP.
你指望我怎么着 跟你谈判? 这可不是英石油
Joe Kent is a great man.
乔·肯特是个杰出的人
I'm a bastard. That's why he hired me.
而我是个混♥蛋♥ 所以他雇我
You don't deal with him. You deal with me.
就为让我跟你这种人打交道
You come to the back door, you stupid, number-running...
你个蠢货小卒还想来套近乎...
You can take that as a "No."
明白了吧 拒绝和解
Really? Remind me to never get you angry.
真的吗 看来以后不能惹你生气哈
So we get Lara to sign the retainer, and we go to the press.
看来我们该和劳拉签合同 然后公布于众咯
You think he was bluffing?
你认为他在虚张声势?
I don't think it matters. We have to move forward.
这不重要 我们必须继续跟进
Why?
为什么
His methods aside, he's not wrong.
撇开他的做法不说 他并没有说错
We go to the press,
我们若向媒体公开
we're suddenly the ambulance-chasers of the Loop.
就成了芝加哥有名的靠索赔谋利的律师
You're thinking about backing off?
你在考虑放弃?
I'm thinking something doesn't feel right here.
我感觉此事颇为蹊跷
He's not showing fear.
他没有表现出一丝恐惧
It's a tactic. Or it's real.
那是战术 或是真的问心无愧
We jump and we're wrong, we make ourselves the story.
要是我们错了 我们就成了笑话
How's that for a pretty picture?
这是多么和谐的一幕啊
Diane and I are finally on the same side of something.
戴安和我终于在一件事上达成共识了
Alicia...
艾丽西娅
Have Kalinda check into other hotels where Kent stayed.
让凯琳达查查肯特入住过的其它酒店
If he did it once, he did it other times.
他要是做过这种事 就应该不止一次
Okay, I'll say "Black," so you can say "White," Okay?
好呀 你永远和我对着干嘿
I want to know the truth.
我只想知道真♥相♥
Good. Good. We have two more hours. Let's use them.
很好 我们还剩两个小时 好好利用吧
He wants to endorse Peter?
他要支持彼得?
Yes. I know, Mr. Kent hasn't endorsed anyone in years,
是的 肯特先生很久没在竞选中支持过谁了
but he likes Peter's personal story.
但他喜欢彼得的奋斗经历
He wants to endorse him.
他想支持彼得
When can we announce?
那我们何时可以公布
Well, he has to travel to Stockholm later this week,
本周晚些时候 他要去斯德哥尔摩领诺贝尔奖
but maybe next week.
所以大概下周吧
Great. Peter will be...
太好了 彼得肯定很...
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表