not just me, we're the Peter family!
我们是彼得大家庭!
It's been zipping around the college blogs.
学校的博客旁边有这个链接
It has more hits than Peter's speech.
点击量比彼得的演说还多
He promises to make a new video every week.
这人保证每周做一个新视频
God, it's like a hostage crisis.
天啊 简直就像人♥质♥危机
Peter has the right plan
彼得有个好计划!
Eli, you know the worst thing to happen to any candidate?
你知道候选人能遇上的最糟糕的事是什么?
It's to be unhip.
就是落伍了
Ask Hillary in '08.
看看希拉里08年的遭遇吧
I'll contact him.
我去跟他联♥系♥
Hey.
嗨
Peter is the right man! Whoa!
彼得就是最合适的! 哇!
I know who to talk to.
我知道该和谁谈谈了
About this? Really, I'm on it.
这件事? 我来处理吧
No, no, no, about helping us with the youth vote.
不是 关于年轻人选票的事
Who?
谁
A guy I met in prison.
我的一位狱友
I don't get it.
我不明白
How did he know about our partnership fight?
他怎么知道我们的合伙人在争斗
It's not just that.
不止如此
Canning's been one step ahead of us all week.
这一周坎宁一直领先我们一步
Yes, but only you and I knew this.
是啊 不过只有我俩知道这事
Rosanna.
罗珊娜
Rosanna was here earlier
罗珊娜到得早了些
when you went upstairs for your partner meeting.
正赶上你俩要去参加合伙人会议
You think she overheard us and then
你认为她偷听到了我们的谈话
slipped it to Canning?
又透露给了坎宁?
I don't know.
我不知道
I'll see if she flipped.
我会弄清是不是她的
Anything on who's financing Canning?
发现了谁在资助坎宁没有?
It's not JNL Pesticides.
不是JNL农药公♥司♥
It's this-- 27 Equity,
是这家 27资产公♥司♥
a New York hedge fund.
纽约的对冲基金
Oh, my God, it's the newest thing in litigation.
这是诉讼的新潮手法
They did the same thing last year
去年他们在世贸工作人员
with the Ground Zero workers.
诉讼案中 就是这么做的
The lawyers borrowed $35 million
律师们借了3500万美元
to finance the lawsuit.
来进行诉讼
The interest was astronomical.
利息奇高
15% a year.
年利息15%
So if he isn't in the pocket of JNL, the why's he doing this?
如果他不是为JNL公♥司♥做事 那他来干什么?
I think there's a chance he's sincere.
有可能他是真心想帮助这些人
Doesn't matter.
无关紧要
We still need to beat him in court.
还是得在法庭上把他干掉
How did you communicate with Rosanna?
你怎么和罗珊娜联♥系♥?
On the phone, through e-mails.
打电♥话♥ 发邮件
Let me check your computer.
我检查下你的电脑
Yeah.
喂
Your car just showed up.
你要找的车来了
It's not much of a cushion being up by two people.
支持者是不是有点少了?
It's all we need.
足够了
All rise.
全体起立
Thank you all for returning promptly.
谢谢大家及时返庭
Court is now in session.
现在开庭
And where are we on the class overlap? Mr. Canning?
阵营划分进展如何了 坎宁先生
I think some of the Fallstrom neighbors
我认为一部分福斯姆居民
haven't decided yet, sir.
还没有拿定主意 大人
Yes, Your Honor, but of the neighbors who have,
法官大人 但是就已经做出决定的人数
we have a majority: 41 to 39.
来看 我们占大多数 人数是41比39
No, no, actually, I believe were tied at 40.
不不 事实上我们打了个平手 都是40
At least when I count my letters of consent.
至少我数我这边的赞成信的结果是这样
Is that true, Ms. Lockhart?
是这样吗 洛克哈特女士
Mr. Gardner?
加德纳先生
I think the dust is still settling, Your Honor.
我想我们还未分出胜负 法官大人
But what is true is a matter that came to our attention:
但有个事实值得我们注意
just today Mr. Canning colluded with JNL Pesticides
就在今天 坎宁先生在JNL杀虫剂公♥司♥总部
at their company headquarters.
与他们串谋来着
Really? Colluded?
真的吗 串谋?
Mr. Canning?
坎宁先生
It's true, Your Honor,
这是真的 法官大人
I visited JNL at their invitation
我受邀前往JNL
to see what kind of deal could be made.
去看看能与之达成什么样的协议
I must admit I was too busy bargaining with JNL
我承认我花了很多时间与JNL讨价还价
to follow opposing counsel.
如同对方律师的做法
But I did manage to come away with an offer of $2 million.
而我的确设法提出了两百万美元的报价
Your Honor, this suit is worth 20 times that amount.
法官大人 这个诉讼值那个价格的20倍
I-I don't know if that's true,
我不知道这是不是真的
but I do know that $2 million is considerably more
不过两百万美元可比
than what's currently on the table: zero.
现在的价钱 零 高多了
Mr. Canning, it was not within your purview
坎宁先生 代表集体诉讼方去谈判
to negotiate on behalf of the class action.
可不在你的权力范围内啊
And I didn't reach out to JNL. They reached out to me.
因此我没有主动去找JNL 是他们找的我
Because this is a sweetheart deal.
因为这根本是一个愿打一个愿挨
Even if what Ms. Lockhart is saying is true,
就算洛克哈特女士说的是真的
isn't it better that a Trojan horse like myself
像我这样的特洛伊木马
get whatever deal can be made now
去促成一个现在就能达成的协议
instead of waiting the five or six years...
而避免大家等个五年六年难道不好吗
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官大人
...for the $50 million they're hoping for?
是为了他们所期待的五千万美元吗
Lockhart/Gardner's position is to fight.
洛克哈特&加德纳律所的立场是去斗争
And they make enemies of their opponents.
他们把对手视为仇敌
I make them my friends.
而我把他们当做朋友
Because you intend to lower the deal!
因为你试图去降低协议的金额
I intend to get a deal! A fight takes time.
我是为了达成协议 斗争是需要时间的
Ask your clients if they're willing to risk that time.
问问你的客户愿不愿意冒险浪费那个时间
Why don't we make a deal now? All right!
为什么不现在达成协议呢 好了
I'm glad to see you've all given blood.
我很高兴你们都献过血了
Let's not spill any more here.
但别再把这里当战场了
It is within my purview to marry these two classes,
我有权力让你们两个集团合并
and that is what I intend to do.
而我正要这么做
But, Your Honor...
但是 法官大人
No, no, no.
不 不
No.
不
Mr. Canning, Ms. Lockhart, Mr. Gardner,
坎宁先生 洛克哈特女士 加德纳先生
look across the aisle to each other.
请你们注视彼此
Look.
注视
By the powers vested in me by the State of Illinois,
凭借伊利诺伊州赋予我的权力
I now pronounce you one class.
我现在宣布你们成为一个集体诉讼
Congratulations.
恭喜你们
Get a good deal.
好好协商吧
I don't care if he says we're married.
我不在乎他说我们合并了
We are in charge.
这事我们做主
Okay. Well, we'll make the best deal we can. Okay?
好吧 我们尽力去谈判
You going for a quick run?
你要出去跑一会吗
Maybe not so quick.
也许不是只跑一会
Look. I'm sorry about dinner.
晚饭没来我真抱歉
We've just got this thing and...
我们这边有急事
Hold on.
等一下
Hey, Kalinda. What's up?
凯琳达 什么事
It's not a leak.
消息不是被人泄露出去的
What-What do you mean? What is it?
这是什么意思 怎么传出去的
Why Canning is ahead of us.
坎宁比我们捷足先登的原因
He put Spector Pro on Alicia's laptop.
他在艾丽西娅的笔记本里装了系统监控软件
That's keylogger software.
是一种键盘输入记录软件
What?
什么
Every key Alicia hit
艾丽西娅敲击过的每一个键
was sent through a Wi-Fi parasite program
都会通过一个无线寄生程序
to another computer.
发送到另外一台电脑
That's how Canning knew.
所以坎宁会知道
Can we prove it?
我们能证明这个吗
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表