was designed to make him depressed.
是有意让他消沉的
We can do more than that.
不止能这样
It's an intentional tort.
这可是故意的民事侵权行为
That opens 'em up to punitive damages.
这就可以向他们索取惩罚性的损失赔偿
They made three people kill themselves.
他们导致了三个人自杀身亡
So... we'll make them pay for it.
我们一定要让他们为此付出代价
Is there anybody here
在座有人认为
who thinks Marty is good at his job?
马蒂能胜任他的工作吗
Huh? Anybody?
有人吗
Aw, come on, there must be somebody.
别不敢说 肯定有人这么认为
Madelyn?
麦德林
That's quite a performance, Ms. Palmieri.
演的可真好啊 帕梅里女士
I admit, I can be passionate.
我承认 我有点太过头了
But as CEO, I'm responsible.
可作为一名行政总裁 这是我应做的
Do you recognize this document?
你认得出这文件吗
Uh, yes, it's part of a consulting report we commissioned.
是的 这是我们委托的一份咨♥询♥报告
Can you read...
你能帮我们读下
that paragraph for us, Ms. Palmieri?
这一段吗 帕梅里女士
"In addition to restructuring 20% of human resources,
除了重组20%的人力资源外
"Significant savings could be realized
如果恰当数量的的员工能主动请辞
"If a meaniful percentr could be induced to resign,
而非被辞退的话
rather than being terminated."
可以节省巨大开支
If you got people to quit instead of firing them,
要是你能让人们主动请辞而不是解雇他们
you'd save money.
你将省下一大笔开销
No severance package, no benefits-- is that it?
没有解雇补偿费 没有补贴 是吗
It was one strategy that was suggested by the outside consultancy
这只是一个咨♥询♥公♥司♥提供的一个策略
we didn't follow it.
可我们并没有执行
Did you know that six hours after your... motivational meeting,
那你知道在你召开动员大会之后6小时
Martin Joyce committed suicide?
马丁·乔伊斯就自杀了吗
I did know that.
我知道
No further questions.
没有其他问题了
Ms. Palmieri,
帕梅里女士
your management style, it's a bit, uh...
你的管理风格有点...
"Confrontational," I think is what you said.
用你的话说就是 太激进了
It can be, yes.
没错 就是这样
And in your experience, is that is that unusual? No.
以你经验看来 这正常吗 很正常
Times are tough.
最近日子很不好过
Employers face severe financial restrictions.
我们面临严重的金融危机
So there's reason for your being confrontational?
所以你之所以如此激进是有原因的?
Yes. If we don't squeeze every drop
是的 如果我们不用尽
of productivity from our employees,
我们每个员工的才能
we'll be forced to ship their jobs overseas,
我们将被迫将他们的工作外包给
where labor costs are considerably cheaper.
那些劳务费更低的地方
So you were trying to keep jobs in America.
这么说 你是试图把工作机会留给美国人
Yes, I was.
是的 没错
Can I help you?
有什么事吗
You're being investigated.
你被调查了
By?
被谁
Andrew Wiley.
安德鲁·怀利
He noticed two pages of notes
他发现你与布莱克谈话的
were missing from your interview with Blake.
报告缺了两页
Childs thinks you're hiding something criminal,
查尔兹认为你在为凯琳达隐瞒
something Blake told you about Kalinda.
某些布莱克告诉你的犯罪事实
It's not criminal.
不是犯罪事实
It's personal.
是个人隐私
Okay.
好吧
Personal to-to who, to Kalinda?
谁的个人隐私 凯琳达?
Since when do you care about protecting Kalinda?
你什么时候开始护着凯琳达了
I don't. I care about protecting this office.
我才不管她呢 我关心的是整个部门的荣誉
What does Kalinda have to do with this office?
凯琳达和整个部门有什么关系
Not the current inhabitant of this office.
可不是现在的这些班底
Kalinda and Peter Florrick?
凯琳达和彼得·福瑞克?
It's got nothing to do with Childs.
和查尔兹没有关系
But if he gets ahold of it, it's scorched earth.
要是他抓住了这个把柄 肯定会作最后一搏的
They had an affair?
他们有奸♥情♥?
A one-nighter.
一♥夜♥情♥
Back when Kalinda worked here.
那还是在凯琳达在这工作之时
Blake had details, verifiable ones.
布莱克有详细资料 确凿的证据
Florrick will do anything to cover it up.
福瑞克会尽一切努力掩盖它
He promised to keep me in this job.
他答应我会保住我的饭碗
I need to tell Wiley it's not criminal,
我需要告诉怀利 这不是犯罪事实
but the problem is, is that he may go to Childs with it anyway.
可问题是 他会不告诉查尔兹吗
So what do you suggest we do?
那你认为我们该怎么做
Mrs. Florrick? Excuse me. Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人 麻烦让一下 福瑞克夫人
This is kind of awkward--
这说起来有点尴尬
my, uh, my driver went home sick,
可我的司机卧病在家
and I was wondering if I could trouble...
是否能麻烦您
See, this is what I love about Chicago.
我就喜欢芝加哥这一点
It's a real community.
社区非常和谐
People helping each other out.
人们互帮互助
Your driver isn't really sick, is he, Mr. Canning?
你的司机没生病吧 坎宁先生
Mrs. Florrick, there's got to be a word for people
福瑞克夫人 有个词专门用来形容
who are always finding hidden motives in things.
这种总是试着挖掘阴暗动机的人
Right?
正确?
I want you to come and work for me.
我希望你能来为我工作
My new law firm.
我的新律所
Fast-track to full partnership,
你很快就能成为正式合伙人
percentage of plaintiffs' contingency fees.
从原告的风险代理费中获得一定比例的分红
Why would you do that?
你为什么要邀请我
Because you beat me in court last time.
因为你上次在法庭上击败了我
No. Will and Diane beat you.
不是我 是威尔和戴安击败了你
Well, you're cheaper.
你的要价低一些
Probably doesn't hurt that my husband's going to be Stats Attorney.
我的丈夫就要成为州检察官了 这就更好了吧
No, you're right, that doesn't hurt.
没错 的确更好了
I don't think we're a good fit, Mr. Canning.
我觉得我们合不来 坎宁先生
But thank you.
不过还是谢谢
Do you know the sign of an immature person?
你知道不成熟的人有个什么特点吗
When they can't distinguish
他们没法
between morality at home and morality at work.
把工作道德和家庭道德区分开
Oh, is that... is that me, now?
你说的是我吗
I do what I need to do at work to win.
我在工作上不择手段只求胜利
I go home, I cuddle with my wife,
回家后 我会和妻子拥抱
I cuddle with my kids,
和孩子拥抱
and I tell them pretty storiesabout heroism and Heaven.
给他们讲英雄和天堂的美妙故事
And what do I do? You go home and feel bad about it.
而我呢 你带着一肚子负罪感回家
Oh, this is me.
我到家了
Thank you.
谢谢你
It's a good job offer.
工作的待遇很优厚
Twice what you're making now.
报酬是你现在工作的两倍
Think about it.
考虑下
You look deep in thought.
你在沉思啊
I was.
刚才在
You must be very happy.
你一定很高兴
Yes. Except for the DCC trying to kill us 'cause they're a bunch of idiots.
是的 只是民♥主♥党委员会的白♥痴♥快把我们弄死了
The residency suit; I saw. Yes, well,
居民身份诉讼 我听说了 是啊
in the waning days of a campaign the mudslinging can get...
到了竞选的末期 揭短行为愈发...
pretty ugly.
下作
Sounds like you're preparing me for something.
似乎你是在让我做好心理准备
Petra Moritz, the reporter,
那个记者 佩拉·莫里兹
has a rumor.
收到一条谣言
Okay.
好吧
It's completely bogus,
完全是捏造的
but she wants a quote from you.
但她希望你能评论一下
And the rumor?
谣言说的什么
There was another woman in Peter's past.
彼得过去还和另一个女人上过床
I wouldn't drag you into this,
我本不想拖你下水
but unless I can get you on the phone with her,
但是除非我允许她电♥话♥采访你
she's gonna run with it.
她就要发表这消息了
And I know I promised never to ask you, but...
我知道我曾答应绝不来麻烦你 可是...
Peter's so close.
彼得离胜利只有一步之遥
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表