I got a background quote that Florrick has bimbo issues.
匿名人士爆料说福瑞克有桃色新闻
Had bimbo issues.
曾经有
No, I-I think I got the tense right.
不 我觉得不是过去式
You're not gonna print it. Am I not?
你不能发表这个 不能吗
If it's untrue, you're not.
若果这消息是假的 你就不能发表
And we know this how?
我们怎知真假
Because Peter is a reformed man.
因为彼得已经改过自新了
This is pretty convincing stuff.
这次的爆料言之凿凿
He, uh... he slept with a coworker,
他和一位同事上♥床♥了
and is actively trying to hide it from his wife.
而且他正全力避免他妻子得知此事
And I hear the State's Attorney has an investigator
此外我还听说 州检察官派了一位调查员
named Andrew Wiley snooping around.
安德鲁·怀利 四处打探此事
There are some very real human beings
这场闹剧涉及到
in this little drama.
几个实实在在的人
Yes, and I know that is always your first concern.
是的 我知道你最关心的就是这个
Get me a quote from the wife. No.
让他的妻子给我评论下 不行
Then I'll run what I have. You'll run a rumor.
那我就发表了 你发表的是谣言
Half our newspaper is a rumor.
我们的报纸有一半是谣言
How do you think news becomes news?
你知道新闻都是怎么来的吗
Get Mrs. Florrick on the phone with me.
让福瑞克夫人打电♥话♥给我
Maybe I'll run something else.
或许我会发表些别的
Give me 48 hours.
给我48小时
24.
24小时
Thank you. Please.
谢谢 请坐
I didn't know
除了在这里的几次见面
Jonas Stern outside of our few shared moments here,
我之前并不太认识乔纳斯·斯特恩
but it's always worth a moment
但是花点时间
to reflect on how... fleeting life is.
回望生命如白驹过隙 还是值得的
How we really only...
我们手中
hold so much... sand in our hands.
所掌握的只是时之沙
Tant'è amara che poco
生亦何欢
è pi u morte, as they say.
死亦何苦
Anyway,
好了
I hear that negotiations have broken down,
我听说谈判已经破裂
and we're ready to go.
大家都准备好了
Yes? Then let's call the jury.
是吧 请陪审团入场吧
And when would you say things changed, Mr. Yellins?
事情是什么时候开始起变化的 叶林斯先生
Well, about six months ago.
大约六个月之前
After Kim Palmieri took over as CEO.
金·帕梅里接任行政总裁的时候
Kim Palmieri, the defendant?
被告金·帕梅里吗
Yes. It started with little things.
是的 一开始是些小事
They closed the employee break room,
他们关闭了员工休息室
they cut our sick days.
削减病假
They laid people off so the rest of us were forced
他们裁减员工 我们这些剩下的就不得不
to come in on the weekends and take up the slack.
周末来加班以补上缺漏
The air conditioning was off, so the place was an oven.
空调也给关了 办公室热得像炉子一样
Finally, I came in to my office one day,
最终 有一天我来上班
and my desk was gone.
我的桌子不见了
Where did it go?
桌子去哪儿了
They'd moved it to the copy room.
被挪到复印室了
My supervisor, Kevin,
我的上司 凯文
made me gather my things into a box
让我把自己的东西收到一个盒子里
and walk over to the copy room with everybody staring at me,
搬到复印室去 所有人都盯着我
and that was the most humiliating...
这实在太侮辱人了
Uh, so after that, I couldn't go back there.
之后 我没法回去工作了
I quit.
我辞职了
No further questions.
没有问题了
So... they, uh... they closed the break room?
他们把员工休息室关了?
Yes.
是的
I see. I'm... sorry.
明白了 我很抱歉
And the air conditioner being turned off-- that was tough.
空调也关了 很不好过吧
Well, it was the idea of-of working on the weekends.
最可恶的是周末还要工作
I understand.
我明白
And this moved desk-- how far was that?
你的桌子被移♥动♥了多远
Uh, I don't know. The end of the building.
我不清楚 到了大楼的尽头
And everybody's eyes were on you?
大家都盯着你?
The whole firm's.
整个公♥司♥都盯着我
That must have been humiliating, with everyone...
大家都看着你
watching you.
一定很伤自尊
How-How far was it, do you think, 50 feet?
你觉得到底有多远 15米?
Um, I don't know. Well, let's...
我不知道 那么
Let's-Let's try it.
我们就来试试看
Was it this far, your humiliating walk?
你的屈辱之旅 有这么远吗
The one with everyone staring at you?
那时大家都盯着你
Uh, no, it was further.
不 比这远
Okay, was it... was it a straight line,
好 你走的是直线
or was-was something in your way, or...?
还是说路上有别的东西挡着
Uh, I don't think you're getting the point.
我觉得你没抓住要点
The point is that it was painful and humiliating.
要点是痛苦和屈辱
I mean, that's... that's why you're suing.
我是说 你正是因为这个起诉
And I'm just trying to ascertain the extent of your humiliation.
我只是想确认你受到了多深的羞辱
Was it this far, your-your walk with everybody
大家都盯着你的时候
watching you?
你走了有这么远吗
We need to hit the videotaped hanging harder.
我们得在自杀录像上加把劲了
Kalinda, what do you have?
凯琳达 查到什么没
Their financials.
他们的账目
The company claims
公♥司♥声称
they cut employee perks because of the economy,
他们削减员工津贴是因为经济形势不好
but I found this buried under a miscellaneous line item.
但我在他们的支出杂项里找到了这个
Two point seven million
270万美金
paid to a company called Haver Associates.
付给了一家哈沃公♥司♥
A human resources consultant.
人力资源顾问公♥司♥
They tell you how to fire people.
他们教你怎么炒掉员工
This should have been turned over in discovery.
这个在文件透露程序中应该提交的
Yup. Looks like they were trying to hide it.
是啊 看来他们在竭力隐瞒
Good. Stay on it.
好 继续跟进
And so your husband took his own life?
于是你丈夫就自尽了?
Yes.
是的
He called me
他打电♥话♥来
and asked me to hug our daughters,
叫我拥抱着女儿们
to read them Goodnight Moon.
给她们读《晚安月亮》
He loved reading them that.
他很爱给她们读那首诗
And then he took an extension cord,
然后他拿了根电线
and stood on his desk and hung himself.
站上自己的桌子 上吊了
And you've seen the surveillance video of your husband's suic...?
你已看过你丈夫自杀的监控...
Objection!
反对
Your Honor, Mr. Canning...
法官大人 坎宁先生...
This is completely absurd, Your Honor.
这简直荒谬透顶 法官大人
It's decided.
已经定了
No, it's not.
不 没定
This was already settled.
早就达成协议了
With another lawyer. Your Honor?
和另一个律师达成的 法官大人
Over here.
过来
I find lawyers less aggressive when seated. Please.
我发现律师们坐着的时候没那么咄咄逼人
Everybody, please take a seat.
各位 请坐
And no leaning forward.
别往前靠
Everybody take a deep breath.
大家深呼吸
Good. Mr. Canning, let's start with you.
好 坎宁先生 你先说
It's prejudicial, Your Honor.
这是偏见证据 法官大人
It's a surveillance video of Mr. Joyce committing suicide by hanging himself.
这是乔伊斯先生上吊自杀过程的监控录像
It serves no probative value, other than to inflame the jury.
它没有证明价值 只会引起陪审团反感
Uh, Mr. Gardner, Mrs. Florrick.
加德纳先生 福瑞克太太
It goes to pain and suffering.
它能证明痛苦与折磨
Mrs. Joyce not only had to suffer her husband's suicide,
乔伊斯太太既得忍♥受失去丈夫的痛苦
she had to see the surveillance video.
又得忍♥受看监控录像的折磨
Because you showed it to her.
还不是你给她看的
Uh-uh-uh. Mr. Canning, you'll have your chance.
坎宁先生 会轮到你说话
Mr. Canning's predecessor counsel,
坎宁先生的前任律师
Mr. Stern, already signed off on our evidence list.
斯特恩先生 已经签署同意了证据清单
He had no objection to this video.
他不反对这个录像
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表