Okay, that sucks.
好吧 真糟糕
Well, she's willing to say anything we want.
她愿意说对咱们有利的东西
I mean, I could pursue that if you like.
我是说 如果你愿意 我就能办到
No. We got another path.
不用 我们还有其它选择
Head back to the office.
回办公室来吧
We got a lead on the clerk.
我们在书♥记♥员身上有点线索
We struck out on Frank Gephart.
弗兰克·格普哈特这条路走不通
What do you know, Cary?
凯里 你都知道什么
Okay, first of all, I'm here for this,
好的 首先 我过来只是为了这案子
and nothing else.
和其它无关
Understood.
明白
What can you tell us about your old friend, this clerk?
你和这书♥记♥员是老朋友了 你都知道什么
Jason read a New Yorker article
詹森看了《纽约客》上
about the execution of Cameron Todd Willingham,
关于威林厄姆死刑案的报道
and it moved him.
这事对他触动很深
He wrote a paper about
他写了一篇
flawed science in government cases, or something like that.
关于刑事案件科学手段瑕疵之类的论文
Now, The Harvard Review never printed it.
但《哈佛评论》从未予以发表
It's probably sitting in a drawer somewhere.
现在不知道躺在谁的抽屉里呢
Can you get us a copy?
你能帮我们搞一份副本吗
Yeah, I can dig it up for you.
可以 我会帮你们弄到的
Alicia, Kalinda, you guys still on it?
艾丽西娅 凯琳达 你们还在听吗
Yeah. You know what this is about?
在 你们知道这意味着什么吗
The arson science.
有关纵火案的科学理论
Methods for arson investigation
关于纵火案调查的方法
have developed over the last ten years.
在过去十年间有了很大飞跃
Track down the arson expert who testified at the trial.
找到当年那位纵火案专家证人
See if his story has changed.
看看他会不会改变口风
She's coming?
她会来吗
Yes.
会的
The warden will make an exception
监狱长会为你们破一次例
if she gets here... soon.
如果她能尽快到这儿的话
When?
多快
Soon.
就是很快
Ms. Lockhart, thank you for staying with me,
洛克哈特女士 很感谢你能在这儿陪我
but I need you to talk to me like I'm an adult.
但我希望你别拿我当小孩哄
You're right. I'm sorry.
你说得对 很抱歉
Ruby needs to be here by 3:00.
露比必须在3点之前到这儿
She's driving from Avon.
她正从埃文开车赶过来
It will be close.
必须争分夺秒
Thank you.
谢谢你
Now, why were you asking me about Frank Gephart?
还有 为什么你要问我关于弗兰克·格普哈特的事
There may be a chance our appeal is finding traction
我们提交给第七巡回法庭的上诉
with the Seventh Circuit.
或许有转机
They asked for additional material,
他们要求我们提供更多材料
and we're trying to supply it.
我们正在全力寻找
I don't want you to be disappointed.
我只是不想让你空欢喜一场
That's my business.
这是我的事
Tell me everything, and I will deal with my disappointment.
你告诉我事情全部 空欢喜我自己应付
I don't care if a horse tranquilizer is just as effective
我不在乎马匹安定剂是不是能像
as sodium thiopental.
硫喷妥钠一样有效
The law doesn't allow...
但法律不允许...
Counselor, watch your tone and your sarcasm.
辩方律师 注意你的语气和讽刺
Yes, my apologies, Your Honor.
好的 是我的错 法官阁下
The law doesn't allow
是法律不允许
for a shell game on lethal injection.
在注射处死一事上耍老千
And switching drugs
而更换死刑注射药物
is the very essence
正是宪法第八修正案所禁止的
of cruel and unusual punishment.
残酷的和异常的刑罚
Mr. Cowan, I understand you...
考恩先生 我明白你...
Please stand.
请起立
I understand the State has an interest
我明白州政♥府♥不想随意变动
in making its execution date,
死刑处决日期
but why can't the State order more of this drug?
但为什么不把药买♥♥足呢
Hospira is a publicly-traded company, Your Honor,
赫士睿公♥司♥是家公开招股公♥司♥ 法官阁下
and the only manufacturer of sodium thiopental in the country.
也是我国硫喷妥钠的唯一制♥造♥商
They're backlogged on orders...
我们下了订单 是他们未交付...
No, they're concerned their drugs are being used in this manner...
他们是担心他们的药物会被如此使用...
Mr. Gardner, your passion is noted, and it is dismissed.
加德纳先生 你的愤怒我知道了 但我予以驳回
Please... stop.
请你适可而止
The important thing to note,
重要的是
Your Honor, is that the replacement barbiturate
法官阁下 替代品巴比妥类镇静剂
is just as effective,
和原用药物一样有效
and that Mr. Gardner is merely attempting to stall an execution that
加德纳先生只是试图拖延行刑
over ten years, has resisted every appeal.
但这是一桩10年来每次上诉都失败的案子
Be that as it may,
尽管如此
you have other options open to you, don't you, Counselor?
你们还是有别的选择 对吗 控方律师
If you want your execution to proceed,
如果你们想执行处决
then you must acquire more of this drug
你们必须从临近的州
from your neighboring states.
拿到原用药物硫喷妥钠
Otherwise, the execution will be delayed until you do so.
否则 行刑将被推迟 直到你们拿到药物
Yes, I'm looking for the arson expert.
是的 我正在找纵火案专家
Is this Dr. Todd Grossman?
是格罗斯曼博士吗
Well, do you know where he might have moved to?
请问知道他搬到哪里了吗
Yeah, he testified in the Carter Wright trial.
是的 他曾为卡特的庭审作证
So you don't know where he moved?
这么说来 你不知道他搬去哪儿了
Are you sure?
你确定吗
I just need one vial.
我只要一小瓶
Sodium thiopental.
硫喷妥钠
In the next eight hours.
在八小时内
Execution's at midnight.
死刑将在午夜执行
Hi. Can I speak to Dr. Grossman, please?
你好 可以让格罗斯曼博士听电♥话♥吗
Yeah.
是的
Uh, is this the arson expert?
是那位纵火案专家吗
All right, and when do you expect him back?
好的 他大概什么时候回来
No. It's just that it's very important.
不是 只是这事关紧急
I understand.
我明白
We're having the same trouble.
我们也有同样的麻烦
No, California's too far.
不行 加州太远了
Thanks.
谢谢
What?
怎么
He's getting on a plane to Florida.
他正准备飞往佛罗里达
His aide's gonna try and stop him before he boards.
他的助手会尽量在他登机前拦下他
I think I need to take a breath.
我觉得我该休息一下了
You know, you've been different lately.
你最近怪怪的
I've been different?
我怪怪的?
Yeah.
是的
It's prob...
也许是因为...
One second.
稍等一下
What about the olive?
黄褐色怎么样
This tie is going to strobe.
这条领带会闪光
And this one is ugly.
这条领带很难看
I'm praying for you.
我在为你祷告
Thanks.
谢谢
Life has been playing tricks on me lately,
最近生活总在和我开玩笑
and I think it's best not to take it seriously.
而我认为最好的方法是 别放心上
Is this about work, or is this about Will?
是关于工作 还是关于威尔?
There's a man sitting somewhere 75 miles from here.
距离这75英里远的地方正坐着一个男人
He knows that in nine hours, he'll be dead.
他知道9小时后 他就会死
I can't get my head around that.
这景象在我脑海中挥之不去
What does Blake have on you?
你有什么把柄在布莱克手上
Have on me?
把柄?
I don't think he has anything on me.
什么把柄也没有
Okay, I'm gonna drink.
好吧 我喝酒
I didn't like my life before, so...
我不喜欢以前的自己 所以...
I changed it.
我改头换面了
You changed it?
改头换面?
How did you change it?
你是怎么做的
In ways that... Blake is trying to use against me.
就是那些布莱克想要利用来对付我的做法
Are you in trouble?
你遇到困境了吗
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表