Okay, Alicia. What's wrong?
好的 艾丽西娅 出什么事了
I've been working on this case for over a year now,
这个案件我办了一年多了
and you do this?
而你现在来这套
Well, you can forget it. I'm not doing the interview.
你就死了心吧 我不会做访问
And I don't care if Peter blames me for the rest of his life.
我也不在乎彼得后半辈子会不会怨我
And as I understand it, you're asking for an emergency injunction.
按我的理解 你是要申请紧急禁令
Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官大人
We were in the midst of a settlement negotiation with PlatacoStillman,
我们正处于与帕斯科公♥司♥和解谈判的过程中
and in our opinion,
在我们看来
Venezuela has no standing in this suit.
委内瑞拉政♥府♥在本案中没有起诉权
No, we would agree that the president of Venezuela
不 我们同意委内瑞拉总统
has the power to change laws in his country,
有权修改自己国家的法律
but in our opinion, those powers should not
但依我们所见 这种权力不应当
impact a lawsuit in this country.
影响到我国的案件
The president hasn't changed the laws
总统并没有改变
of the United States, your honor.
美国的法律 法官大人
He's changed the laws of Venezuela,
他修改了委内瑞拉的法律
and they just happen to impact a lawsuit here.
这刚好影响到了这里的一件案子
Was that in your opinion?
那是你的看法吗
Excuse me?
什么
Your opinion.
你的看法
You were expressing your opinion, right?
你表述的是你的看法 是吧
I don't know, uh, what you're getting at.
我不知道 你在说什么
Your honor?
法官大人
It is just such an honor to have you in my court, sir.
很荣幸在我的法庭上见到你 先生
Oh, it's my honor, your honor.
哦 这是我的荣幸 法官大人
You don't know how many young people
你的剧集不知鼓舞了
you encourage with your show.
多少年轻人
Oh, thank you, but, uh,
谢谢你 不过
It would probably be a mistake to call it my show.
可能说成是我的剧集是不对的
And so humble.
你还这么谦虚
I must say, you... you look taller in person.
我得说 你 你本人看起来高一点
Well, now, you're embarrassing me, ma'am.
现在你让我不好意思了 女士
Just one woman's opinion.
仅是一位女士的看法
Your honor, just quickly--
法官大人 我长话短说
This case is not about the opposing counsel.
本案不是关于对方律师的
It's about his client, president Hugo Chavez.
而是关于他的客户 雨果·查韦斯总统
I would disagree.
我反对
It's about the rule of law in Venezuela.
本案是关于委内瑞拉的法律规定
You mean the new rule of law.
你指的是法律新规定
This law was changed a half hour ago, your honor--
这项法律一小时前修改的 法官大人
In my opinion-- and as such, it is a ex post facto law.
依我所见 法律不能追溯之前的行为
Unfortunately, Mr. Gardner,
很不幸 加德纳先生
Ms. Lockhart, I am a judge in chicago.
洛克哈特女士 我是芝加哥的法官
I have no jurisdiction over Venezuelan law.
我对于委内瑞拉的法律没有裁决权
I do understand your argument for emergency relief,
我真的理解你们紧急禁令这一论点
so I will freeze Latin Star's assets until...
所以我会冻结拉丁之星的财产直到
Your honor, it has taken us a year
法官大人 我们花了一年的时间
to get Platacostillman to the negotiations table.
才把帕斯科公♥司♥弄到谈判桌前
Our-our client has had a heart attack
我们的客户还发作了心脏病
due to the drawn-out nature of this fight.
就因为这场官司的旷日持久
A freeze would not be in the interests of Latin Star
冻结财产对拉丁之星和
or the Venezuelan people, your honor.
委内瑞拉的人♥民♥的都无益处 法官大人
Then I would suggest that you align your interests
那么我就建议你们联合起来
against Platacostillman.
共同对抗帕斯科公♥司♥
You both have reason to want a fair settlement.
你们双方都有理由要一个公平的协商结果
In my opinion, the best result would be for you,
依我所见 最好的结果就是你们
Mr. Gardner, Ms. Lockhart,
加德纳先生 洛克哈特女士
to represent president Chavez in this lawsuit, too.
在本案中也代理查韦斯总统
And thank you, sir,
还要谢谢你 先生
for doing all you've done to inspire the youth of America.
你所做的激励了美国的年轻一代
Great.
好极了
We have a dictator for a client.
我们有了个独♥裁♥者客户
Well, here we are.
我们都在这儿了
I'm glad your client finds this funny.
我很高兴你的客户觉得这有趣
What is he saying?
他说什么
He likes your dress.
他喜欢你的裙子
Oh, how nice.
哦 他真好
You know, this doesn't have to be bad.
这不一定是坏事
There are certain advantages to being on the same side.
统一战线有些好处
Such as?
比如说
Well, it appears everyone has kissed and made up.
看起来大家破镜重圆了
Can we continue?
我们可以继续了
Yes. And we'd like to add a name to the witness list.
是的 我们想增加一个证人
A Juan Perez.
他叫胡安·普雷兹
And who might this be?
这人干什么的
Well, he's the director of the Venezuelan interior.
他是委内瑞拉国内这个项目的负责人
Ah, a present from president Chavez. How nice.
查韦斯总统的一份礼物 多贴心啊
And what might Mr. Perez swear to?
这位普雷兹先生会证实什么
He'll swear that your client, the CEO of Platacostillman,
他会证实你的客户 帕斯科公♥司♥的首席执政官
admitted cheating Latin Star out of its fee.
欺骗拉丁之星 不给费用
Really?
真的吗
My goodness, what a revelation.
天呐 真♥相♥大白啊
Mr. Gardner, I guess dictatorship has its privileges.
加德纳先生 我猜独♥裁♥是有好处的
You can always make a deal.
你随时可以与我们达成和解
Well, we have four names
我们有四个名字
that we would like to add to the witness list.
要添到证人名单上
Remember when I told you we had other ways to attack this?
记得我说还有别的办法来打这个官司吗
How could I forget?
我怎么能忘呢
Well, Platacostillman doesn't owe Latin Star a cent--
帕斯科公♥司♥不欠拉丁之星一分钱
I'm sorry, a red cent.
不好意思 不欠一分带血的钱
Because our boilerplate
因为我们合同中的标准约定
charges prevent us from compensating companies
不允许我们为侵犯人♥权♥的公♥司♥
that commit human rights violations.
支付任何酬劳
Oh, come on.
得了吧
These four men will testify to life-threatening conditions
这四个人证明 他们亲眼目击了
that they personally witnessed
在委内瑞拉拉丁之星的钻塔上
on the Latin Star rigs in Venezuela.
对生命构成威胁的工作条件
My father says his rigs have a perfect safety record.
我爸爸说他的钻塔有着良好的安全记录
Not a single violation or infraction.
没有一起侵权和违法事件
I need you to look into these four witnesses.
我需要你调查一下这四个证人
Any direction?
哪个方面
We reached a stalemate with Platacostillman.
我们和帕斯科公♥司♥到了僵局
They're lying about human rights violations.
他们谎称有侵犯人♥权♥的情况
Find out why.
找出原因
Hey, why weren't you in there?
你怎么不在那儿
I thought you were on Platacostillman.
我以为你在忙帕斯科公♥司♥的案子
I'm on leave.
我要被"放假"了
Leave?
离开?
Just for the afternoon.
就离开一下午
Do you know an Andrew Wiley?
你认识一个叫安德鲁·怀利的吗
At the state's attorney's office?
州检察办公室的
The investigator. Yeah, he works with Cary.
那个调查员 认识 他和凯里一起的
He was asking about a last interview Blake did;
他问我关于布莱克最后一次问询的事
A last interview where he talked about me.
这最后一次的问询他提到了我
Did Cary mention this?
凯里提过这个吗
No.
没有
Probably the state's attorney's last gasp.
可能是州检察官的最后一息挣扎
Yes, an attempt to intimidate me.
是呀 试图吓唬我
Alicia. Yeah?
艾丽西娅 怎么了
I need to...
我需要
Can we talk sometime?
找时间我们谈谈好吗
Whenever you want.
你想随时都可以
I'm on leave.
我放假去了
Alicia, there you are.
艾丽西娅 你在这儿啊
Is everything okay?
一切都好吧
Oh, yeah. I just--
是的 我只是
I'm on something else this afternoon.
今天下午我要做些别的事
How's your dad? Good.
你♥爸♥怎样了 很好
I had to tell him about Hugo Chavez's involvement.
我不得不告诉他雨果·查韦斯牵扯进来了
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表