That's why he's coming after me.
这就是他要告我的原因
Beltran says he was an innocent bystander at the bank,
贝特朗说他只是一个银行里的无辜旁观者
and the cops came after him because he was black.
而警♥察♥找上他就是因为他是黑人
He's lying.
他在撒谎
I have to think about it.
我得斟酌一下
No. Kurt...
慢着 库尔特
Our firm benefited from this Cook County Crime Lab malfeasance.
我们曾因库克县犯罪鉴证组的渎职行为获利不小
We had two criminal cases overturned,
曾有两件刑事案件因此被翻案
so I need to think about it.
所以我需要权衡一下
It's not a brush-off.
这不是在拒绝你
You should have called me.
当你从佛罗里达回来的时候
When you got back from your case in Florida.
你本应该打我电♥话♥的
You're right. I should have.
没错 我本应该打的
I'm sorry.
对不起
Bond thinks you're on to him,
邦德认为你跟他干上了
so can you stop showing so much intensity
能请你别在员工会议上
in the staff meetings, please?
表达如此强烈的情绪吗
Diane?
戴安?
What?
你说什么
You look happy.
你看上去很高兴
I am happy. I've decided I'm good at my job.
我是很高兴 我的工作能力被认可了
You are good at your job.
你一直都是工作能手
I've always said it.
这不是我常挂嘴边的吗
What is it?
什么事
We have a silver bullet.
我们掌握了一招撒手锏
Something that will destroy Wendy Scott-Carr,
这招能彻底击垮温迪·斯科特-卡尔
but when we fire it, the press will come for you.
可一旦用上 媒体会如波涛一般向你扑面而来
And I will send them to you.
而我会把一切推给你
No, it's not what you're thinking.
没有你想的这么简单
Later today, I'm meeting with a woman named Natalie Flores
今天晚些时候 我要和一位娜塔莉·弗丽斯见面
who worked for five years as Wendy Scott-Carr's nanny.
那人做了5年的温迪·斯科特-卡尔家的保姆
That's your silver bullet?
这就是你的撒手锏?
Yes. She had a nanny?
没错 她有一个保姆这件事?
It's never the big things that bring politicians down.
让政客下台的从来不是大事
She is an illegal alien.
她是非法移♥民♥ 这才是重点
Wendy wants to be state's attorney,
温迪想要竞选州检察官
and for five years, she broke the law.
可整整5年时间 她都触犯了法律
And not just any law.
而且这和其他法律不一样
People do not like illegal aliens.
没有一个民众喜欢非法移♥民♥
And why would the press come to me?
可为什么媒体会来找我
You were a stay-at-home mom.
你曾是一个家庭主妇
Isn't it great?
难道不是吗
You were June Cleaver.
你曾是现实版的琼·克里芙
For 15 years, you raised the kids,
整整15年 你独自抚养孩子
no nannies, no illegal aliens.
没有雇佣保姆 更别说非法移♥民♥
You're as American as apple pie.
你就是典型美国人的形象
I'm so glad those 15 years weren't wasted.
我很高兴这15年的光阴没有浪费
Yeah, don't say anything like that to the press, okay?
没错 可别对媒体这么说
You're the good mom.
你是一个好母亲
My staff will send over some brownie recipes.
我的手下会寄些核仁巧克力饼的食谱给你
Hey, Mom. Pick up the phone.
嘿老妈 快接电♥话♥
Hey, Mom. Pick up the phone.
嘿老妈 快接电♥话♥
Well, I have to go and do some good mothering now.
我现在就得去扮演好母亲的角色了
Grace.
格蕾丝
You need a what?
你要什么
A T-shirt.
一件T恤
It's not my fault, Mom. The school's fascist.
这不是我的错 妈妈 是学校太法♥西♥斯♥了
They won't let me go back to class unless I change my T-shirt.
除非我换了衣服 不然他们不准我进入教室
Hello?
你好
Tommy.
汤米
What a surprise.
太出乎我意料了
Would you like to sit down? No, no.
请坐吧 不必了
I'd like you to know that Kurt McVeigh is the enemy.
我是想让你知道库尔特·麦克维是敌人
So imagine my surprise when I discovered
试想一下 当我得知他的代理律师是谁时
who's representing him.
我是多么的惊讶
Your information is premature.
你的消息太超前了
I haven't decided yet.
我还没有决定呢
Good, good. Then let me help you out.
很好 那么就让我来帮你理清吧
The cops set up Jason Beltran.
警♥察♥设计陷害了杰森·贝特朗
They got the crime lab to fake the evidence,
他们让犯罪鉴证组来帮其伪造证据
and they got your ballistics expert to change his testimony.
并且他们让你的弹道专家更改了证词
Why are you suing, Tommy?
你为什么要起诉 汤米
He's free.
他重获自♥由♥了
Your client's free.
你的客户已经重获自♥由♥了
To teach the authorities a lesson.
为了好好给当局上一课
I get a big award from McVeigh,
我从麦克维身上找到了漏洞
that will scare the state attorney into settling.
那足以促使州检察官介入来平息
We've worked on a lot of cases together, Diane.
我们曾经一同办过多起案件 戴安
The grocer's union, the Houston squatters.
杂货店公会案 休斯敦违建案
This goes against everything you stand for.
这个案子完全不在你的立场那边
You don't know everything I stand for.
你并不知道我的立场是什么
They want to use you, Diane,
他们想要利用你 戴安
a known and respected liberal.
你这样一个知名的 受人尊重的自♥由♥主义者
They want to put a pretty face on a racist defense.
他们是要让一张漂亮脸蛋来为种族主义者辩护
Don't you see that?
难道你没看出来
You know what?
你知道吗
Thanks for helping me decide.
多谢你帮我下了决心
I'll see you in court.
我们法庭上见
You're going to lose a lot of friends over this one.
接受这个案子会让你失去很多朋友
Then they weren't friends to begin with.
那他们从一开始就没把我当朋友
I'll go after you hard.
我会狠狠收拾你的
Looking forward to it. Do your worst.
走着瞧 放马过来吧
Good-bye.
再见
I'm sorry.
对不起
It's what?
到底是什么事
The saying. It's not allowed.
这句标语 是不允许的
It's a Christian saying, right?
这不是基♥督♥教标语吗
It doesn't matter.
不管是什么
We've restricted all sayings on shirts.
我们严禁任何出现在衣服上的标语
Uh, and you don't think you'll have a problem
你不觉得你违反了
with the First Amendment?
宪法第一修正案吗
A month ago, some kids wore
就在一个月前 一些孩子穿着
pro-gay T-shirts to school.
印有"支持同性恋" 的T恤衫到学校
Then other kids wore anti-gay shirts.
之后另外一些孩子穿了印有"反对同性恋"的
This is not about the First Amendment.
这和宪法第一修正案无关
I understand you have some issues here, ma'am.
我明白你的处境 夫人
But you don't circumvent those issues
可你不能为了避免类似事件出现
by infringing on my daughter's rights.
而侵犯我女儿的权利
You open yourself up to a lawsuit.
你把自己推到了吃官司的风口浪尖上
My firm is fighting a case like this, and...
我的律所正在打一个类似的官司
I'm...
我...
I'm sorry. I just can't.
我很抱歉 我只是不能
I just...
我只是...
You have no idea how hard it is.
你更本不知道这有多辛苦
Everyone's threatening me.
每个人都威胁我
Everyone's threatening to sue.
每个人都威胁说要把我告上法庭
You should sue.
你应该起诉
It's the First Amendment.
这事关第一修正案
So, are we Christians now?
现在我们是基♥督♥徒了吗
No. They weren't letting Shannon wear it,
不 他们不允许香侬穿
so I decided to wear it, too.
所以我决定也穿它
Can you just go to school and get an education, please?
你能去老老实实上学吗
Yes, I am on my way in. Everything all right?
是 我马上到 一切都好吗
But what if this were a different time
可如果时代不同
and they weren't letting kids wear Martin Luther King shirts?
他们不让孩子穿马丁·路德·金的T恤呢
I'll be right there.
我马上过去
What Martin Luther King shirts?
什么马丁·路德·金的T恤
Grace, honey, I know you want a cause,
格蕾丝 我知道你想投身于某种事业
but this isn't your cause.
但这不该是你的事业
Why not?
为什么不是
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表