If I'm not a public figure, then my lawyers
如果我不是知名人士 那么
only need to prove negligence, not malice.
我的律师只要证明过失 而不是恶意
Ah. I've been reading the law.
我读过法律
It doesn't make as much sense as code,
没编程那么有意思
but I get it.
不过我懂
I'm a 25-year-old computer programmer.
我是一个25岁的程序员
I've never sought the spotlight.
从未寻求公众的关注
I don't want anything but to do my job.
只想把自己的事做好
I'm not a public figure and, uh, I don't want to be one.
我不是公众人物 也不想成为公众人物
I sympathize, Mr. Edelstein, I do,
我很同情你 艾德斯坦先生 真的
but this is a movie.
但这是个电影
It doesn't pretend to be a documentary.
并没有自称是纪录片
It is an imaginative recreation of events.
这是艺术加工
Well, then they should have made up a name.
那他们就该用虚构的名字
They shouldn't have used mine.
就不应该用我的名字
You're good.
你很棒
Thanks.
谢谢
When do you want me back?
要我什么时候回来
Actually, that's it, we're done.
其实就这些了 你的取证已经结束了
No, the rest of the depositions. Mr. Edelstein,
不 其他的取证 艾德斯坦先生
these depositions are pretty boring
这些取证很无聊
and they'll take the whole week.
要花一整个星期的时间
You know, my mom got a call last week
知道吗 上周我妈妈接到
from my eighth grade teacher.
我八年级老师打来的电♥话♥
I loved my eighth grade teacher-- Mrs. Hart.
我很喜欢她 哈特太太
She said she just saw the movie and was worried
她说她刚看了这部电影 很担心
that money was turning me into a jerk.
钱把我变成个浑小子
I don't get those calls.
我不接这种电♥话♥
My mom does.
我妈接
I'll be here this whole week because this matters to me.
我这一周都会出席 因为这对我很重要
Be back at 2:00.
两点钟回来
Won't work to argue that he's a private figure, will it?
不用证明他不是公众人物吧
No, it doesn't matter that he didn't pursue the public eye.
他是否寻求公众关注并不要紧
The public eye pursued him, so he's a public figure.
公众关注他 他就是公众人物
They can pretty much write anything they want about him.
他们想怎么写他就怎么写
It's too bad.
太糟了
I like him.
我喜欢他
Cary, what's up?
凯里 怎么了
Ms. Sharma.
夏尔马小姐
Ms. Sharma, thanks for coming by.
夏尔马小姐 谢谢你过来
I'm Andrew Wiley; I've been put in charge of the investigation.
我是安德鲁·怀利 我负责本次调查
I just have a few questions for you.
有几个问题要问你
Uh, what investigation?
什么调查
The beating of Dr. Booth,
布思医生遭袭击一案
a Wisconsin psychiatrist who was testifying
去年在洛克哈特&加德纳律所案中
in a Lockhart/Gardner trial last year.
作证的一个威斯康星的精神病医生
Do you have a moment?
你有时间吗
Sure, I have several moments.
当然 我有的是时间
Good. Dr. Booth woke from his coma.
好极了 布思医生从昏迷中醒来了
Unfortunately, the person who beat him wore a mask,
不幸的是 打他的人戴了面具
so Dr. Booth couldn't identify him.
所以布思医生认不出他
Or her.
或者是她
I understand that,
我了解到
that you were there the morning of the beating.
他被打的那天早上你去过那里
That's how your fingerprints wound up on the glass on his desk.
所以你的指纹会出现在他桌上的杯子上
That's right.
说得对
Yeah, see, the odd thing is,
瞧 奇怪的是
Dr. Booth has no memory of your being there.
布思医生根本不记得你去过那里
Right. We thought that might be from his coma.
对 我们认为可能是因为他昏迷了
So what did you ask him?
你问了他什么
I mean, when you went to see Dr. Booth, what did you ask him?
你去看布思医生时 你问了他什么
I asked him if he stood by his testimony
我问他是否仍然认可他的证词
and then I asked him details to see if his testimony held up.
还问了些细节问题看他的证词是否站得住脚
See, just one last thing.
还有最后一件事
Sorry.
抱歉
It's the nanny's day off, isn't it?
保姆放假了啊
Just, um, one last, uh, thing.
只有 呃 最后一件事
It's a bit odd.
有点奇怪
Your fingerprints were on this glass,
你的指纹留在了这个玻璃杯上
but, uh, th-they weren't anywhere else.
但是别处都没有你的指纹
I mean, they weren't on the doorknobs,
我是说 门把手上没有
they weren't on the chair arms or the desktop,
椅子扶手 桌面上 都没有
but just on this glass.
只在这个玻璃杯上
Mm. That is odd.
嗯 的确奇怪
I wonder how that might've happened--
我真的很奇怪
me leaving my fingerprints on just one place.
我只把我的指纹留在了一个玻璃杯上
Well, thank you for coming in, Ms. Sharma.
谢谢你过来这一趟 夏尔马小姐
We'll phone you if we have anything else.
有其他事我们会给你打电♥话♥的
Actually, just one last thing.
实际上 还有最后一件事
That's two last things.
这都两件最后一件事了
Yeah, one last thing after the first last thing.
这件事在刚才的最后一件事后面
Uh, did you bring the glass with you?
这个杯子是你自带的吗
Did I bring it with me?
杯子是我自带的?
Yeah, to the doctor's office?
对 带到了医生的办公室?
See, Dr. Booth owned a set but not this one.
布思医生有一组杯子但不包括这个
This is a Riedel H2O long drink glass.
这是个里德尔H2O长款饮水杯
Dr. Booth didn't own any of those,
布思医生没有这样的杯子
but I checked with the Lockhart/Gardner & Bond purchasing invoices,
但我查看了洛克哈特&加德纳律所的采购清单
and they did.
他们有
That is odd.
的确奇怪
Any more last things?
还有别的最后一件事吗
Thank you for coming by.
谢谢你过来这一趟
My pleasure.
不客气
Cary.
凯里
Why didn't you tell me about the glass?
你怎么没和我说杯子的事
Cary, thank you for this job.
凯里 谢谢你给我这份工作
I'm enjoying it, I am enjoying getting out of the house.
我很享受 很享受离开家工作的感觉
Don't you ever do that again.
下次不许像刚才那样拆我台了
Yeah, she's not a suspect.
她又不是嫌疑犯
The more you try and help her, the more she is.
你帮她就是越描越黑
Mr. Calamar.
卡拉马尔先生
Hey. Andrew Wiley. Hi.
你好 安德鲁·怀利 你好
You want to come with me?
你和我一起走吗
Yeah, sure.
当然
Legally, there was no reckless disregard for the truth.
法律上来说 我们并没有鲁莽地无视真♥相♥
Yes, you said that five times.
这话你都说了五遍了
Now, your studio's movie had a scene
你们制片厂的电影里
where Mr. Edelstein's girlfriend broke up with him,
有一幕艾德斯坦先生的女友和他分手的场景
calling him a... "Loner joke."
称他为"不合群的怪物"
But isn't it true that there was no such break-up because
是不是压根没有这样的分手
there was no such girlfriend?
因为根本没有这么个女友?
I haven't the foggiest.
我完全不清楚
Well, as the lead studio lawyer,
作为制片厂的首席律师
wasn't it your job to get the foggiest?
弄清事实不是你的工作么?
No, it was my job to determine
不对 我的工作是
if there was a reckless disregard for the truth.
判断是否有鲁莽地无视真♥相♥
So you would claim
那么你是说
that Mr. Edelstein was not engaged to be married?
艾德斯坦先生当时并没有订婚?
No, I would consider the question irrelevant.
我认为这个问题与本案无关
The truth is irrelevant?
真♥相♥与本案无关?
No, the facts of Mr. Edelstein's life
不是 艾德斯坦先生的生活实际
were irrelevant.
与本案无关
What was relevant is whether the filmmakers showed
真正有关的是 制片商是否表现出了
a reckless disregard...
鲁莽地无视...
For the truth!
无视真♥相♥!
You do understand these words have to mean something?
你知道说话得有点意义吧?
Please don't, don't yell, Mister,
先生 请别嚷嚷
uh, Mister...
呃
Gardner.
加德纳
Why don't you go ahead and keep that
你留着吧
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表