Don't send her my way.
别让她给我添乱
I didn't.
没有啊
We broke up.
我们分手了
I'll talk to her.
我去跟她谈
No. She wanted me to talk to you so you would talk to her.
不用了 她想让我找你谈 然后你就会去找她
I appear to be off my game today.
看来我今天状态很糟啊
Let it rest.
这事你别管
And what do you mean by that, Corporal?
你那是什么意思 下士
I'm just saying, my sister was a victim of domestic violence.
我是说 我姐姐是家庭暴♥力♥的受害者
So you're saying you can't be impartial towards a man
那么对于被指控向妇女使用暴♥力♥的人
accused of violence against a woman?
你无法做到公正咯?
I guess it depends on the evidence.
这大概要取决于证据
Your Honor, we challenge this juror for cause
法官阁下 由于其心存偏见
on the grounds of bias.
我们认为这位陪审员不适格
Corporal Barnard, if I order you to be unbiased, will you be?
巴纳德下士 如果我命令你公正 你会公正吗
Yes, ma'am.
会的 长官
Good. You're seated.
很好 陪审员适格
Mr. Gardner, Captain Gossett,
加德纳先生 戈塞特上尉
pretrial motions in my chambers.
请来我办公室进行审前动议
As you can see,
如您所见 法官阁下
they're clearly more prejudicial than probative, Your Honor.
这些照片的误导性大于证明力
Denied.
驳回
Excuse me?
什么
Did the police take the photos?
照片是警方拍的不?
Yes.
是的
Is that your client in them?
照片里是你当事人不
Yes, but...
是的 不过...
Then they come in. The jury's smart enough
那么证据适格 陪审团不傻
to separate the prejudicial from the probative.
能分清哪些有误导性 哪些有证明力
What's next?
下一项是什么
The defendant made a statement to the police on the night in question.
被告在警♥察♥当晚的审问中 做了一项供述
Your Honor, Mr. Simmons was highly intoxicated.
法官阁下 西蒙斯先生当时严重醉酒
People v. Kearns,
人♥民♥诉科恩斯案裁定
intoxication renders a police statement inherently unreliable.
醉酒供词本质上是不可信的
Kearns is an Illinois state case. It doesn't apply here.
那是伊利诺伊州的判例 在此不适用
The statement comes in.
证据适格
Your Honor, in light of these unexpected rulings,
法官阁下 考虑到您这些意外的裁定
I have to request a continuance.
我必须要求诉讼延期
Denied. I've got nine active duty soldiers on that jury.
否决 陪审团里有9名现役军人
I will not allow you to waste their time.
我不允许你浪费他们的时间
Now it's 1700 hours.
现在是17点
We'll take a short break for dinner,
现在休息吃晚餐
and begin testimony at 1800 hours sharp.
18点整开始法庭调查
At 6:00, Your Honor?
6点 法官阁下?
Yes, Mr. Gardner, at 6:00.
是的 加德纳先生 6点
Welcome to military court.
欢迎来到军事法庭
And did the defendant make a statement to you at that time?
那次被告录口供了吗
Yes, he did.
是的 录了
Detective Resia,
雷西亚警官
please read this highlighted part of that statement.
请读一下这份口供划出的要点
Detective: "She was cheating on you?"
警♥察♥问 "他有外遇了?"
Suspect: "She was sleeping with somebody, I know she was."
嫌疑人答 "她和别人睡了 我知道"
Detective: "Did you kill her?"
警♥察♥问 "你杀了她?"
Suspect: "I... I don't know."
嫌疑人答 "我... 我不知道"
Thank you.
谢谢
One more thing.
还有一件事
In the course of your investigation that night,
你那天晚上的侦查过程中
did you search the suspect's car?
搜查嫌疑人的车了吗
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
Counsel approach.
双方律师上前来
Your Honor, the police had no warrant to search the car.
法官阁下 警♥察♥没有搜查车辆的许可
They asked the defendant if they could search his property.
他们询问被告是否可以搜查他的财产
He said yes.
他说可以
Is his car not his property?
他的车难道不是他的财产吗
It was parked two blocks away, Your Honor.
车停在两个街区之外 法官阁下
It's the reasonable man doctrine. Judge, he assumed they meant his home.
应遵循理性人原则 他以为警方是指搜他的家
Strictly construed, his car is his property, Mr. Gardner.
遵循严格解释原则 他的车属于他的财产
Overruled.
反对无效
Please answer the question, Detective.
请回答问题 警官
We did search his car, and we found a backpack,
我们搜查了他的车 发现了一个背包
containing the defendant's passport, a wig,
里面有被告的护照 一顶假发
and also an envelope containing $2,000 in cash.
还有个装有2000美金的信封
Look, we got this excluded in state court,
在州法♥院♥时 我们排除了这些证据
so we never had to ask this before:
所以之前一直没问过
why was that stuff in your car?
但现在要问 你车里为什么有那些东西
If you were scared that you would be arrested for something you didn't do
如果你是害怕会蒙冤被捕
we can work with that.
我们可以按照这个思路辩护
That's not it. It's...
不是的 是...
They were calling my unit up to Afghanistan.
他们当时在征调我们分队去阿富汗
We were all getting deployed,
我们都接到派遣令
so...
所以...
I was gonna flee to Canada.
我打算逃往加拿大
I was going AWOL.
我想逃脱服役
Whatever you do, you can't tell that to a military jury.
这事儿 可横竖不能对军人陪审团讲
Then what do we do?
那我们怎么办
So, I'm free now.
我现在没事了
You're...?
你...
Yesterday. You needed me?
昨天 你找我?
Oh, that. Actually, Blake's handling it.
那个啊 布莱克帮我做呢
Derrick said you were on Murphy/Gomes and I should use Blake.
德里克说你在处理墨菲案 让我找布莱克
Yeah.
好吧
Good luck.
祝你好运
I know that we have to drop one of them.
我知道必须放弃他们中的一个
It happens with every merger.
律所合并难免有这种事
I would argue that we find new representation for Mr. Dobbs
我认为 还是让多布斯先生换律所吧
and stick with the client who's been with us longest.
我们则继续和最长♥期♥的客户合作
That's all.
就是这样
I hate this. I know we all do,
我很不愿意面对这种事 大家都一样
but both of our firms faced economic ruin independently,
我们两家律所没合并时 都面临经济危机
and in my opinion...
依我之见...
We're busy in here.
我们有事谈
Just give us five minutes, please.
请给我们5分钟
Sorry.
抱歉
Here are the billable hours attached to Mr. Trippi's account.
这些是特里皮先生带给律所的计费工时
And here... are the hours attached to Mr. Dobbs.
这些 则是多布斯先生带来的计费工时
I thought you said two votes to one.
你说过 咱俩联手对付他
That's why we did it this way.
所以我们才这么做
And I thought you said we weren't going to follow cases on a whim.
但你也说过 我们不能凭心血来潮接案子
This isn't a whim.
这不是心血来潮
Did you see the difference?
你没看出区别吗
Joe has been with us longer.
乔跟我们的时间更长
And Lou brings us more work.
鲁带来的工时更多
Derrick more work. No, us more work.
是带给德里克更多的工时 不 是带给我们
There's no Derrick anymore. There's no us.
德里克和咱俩的利益是一致的
This is a betrayal.
这是背叛
You said that you would support me.
你说过会支持我的
I didn't see the facts.
我当时不了解事实
Now the facts are important to you?
你突然在乎起事实了?
In court, you couldn't give a damn.
在法庭 你拿事实当个屁啊
Come on, Diane. It's money.
好了 戴安 重要的是钱
It's about keeping our doors open.
重要的是敞开我们的大门
My dad drove his business into the ground giving money to everyone he knew.
我爸当年就因乐善好施 搞砸了生意
And I'm not going to make the same mistake.
我不打算犯同样的错误
You know what you just did?
你知道你做了什么吗
You just lost your certain vote.
你丢掉了我肯定投你的那一票
Becca!
贝卡
Zach.
扎克
What are you doing?
你在干什么
What am I doing? What do you mean?
我在干什么 你什么意思
I mean, I didn't ask you to volunteer for my dad's campaign.
我是说 我没让你给我爸的竞选做志愿者
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表