You're in a race that's tied with one day to go,
现在双方比分咬得很紧 只剩一天
and he just hit a home run for his wife.
这人给妻子打出了一记全垒打
Alicia Florrick doesn't have the luxury to say no,
艾丽西娅·福瑞克拒绝不起
and you don't have the luxury to protect her.
你也保护不起她
I'm not protecting her.
我不是保护她
I promised her I would not ask her to do this.
我向她保证过不让她参与的
Oh, my god, you promised her.
天啊 你保证过她了
Well, why didn't you just say that?
你早说不就好了?
I'll be ready in a minute, Andre.
安德烈 我一分钟就好了
I have to get this to my boss.
我必须得把这个给我老板
We have better health care, too.
我们的卫生保健条件也更好
Canada has the best health care in the world.
加拿大的卫生保健条件是世界上最好的
I like it here, Andre.
安德烈 我喜欢这里
I like the U.S. I'll be right back.
我喜欢美国 我一会儿就回来
Just come look at Montreal.
你就去蒙特利尔看看吧
America is dying!
美国在消亡
Show me as we walk.
咱们边走你边给我讲
They do bilingual contracts--
他们制定双语合同
One in english, one in spanish.
一份是英语的 一份是西班牙语的
They're supposed to be identical.
他们本应是完全一致的
But they're not. Look.
但它们不是的 看
Alicia. Then, on page five...
艾丽西娅 在第五页
Aida.
阿依达
He's all right.
他还好
What happened?
发生什么事了
He was looking through their stock reports,
他在浏览他们的股市报告
trying to find things to refute them.
想找出驳倒他们的方法
And then I told him that he should stop,
然后我告诉他他应该停下来
that he should rest for today.
告诉他今天该好好休息
And then he just blacked out.
然后他就昏倒了
I drove him to the hospital.
我开车把他送到医院
Well, you should be there with him, Aida. No.
阿依达 你该待在医院陪他的 不行
He insisted I be here in his place.
他坚持让我来这里代表他
He wants me to phone him every hour, with updates.
他让我每小时向他电♥话♥汇报一次最新情况
This isn't just about the money anymore, Alicia.
艾丽西娅 这已经不仅仅与钱相关了
Oh, I-I'm sorry.
不好意思
Natalie Flores. This is Aida Rios.
这是娜塔莉·弗丽斯 这是阿依达·里奥斯
Oh, hello.
你好
Excuse me.
不好意思
Hello?
你好
Can you stay for the rest of the day?
你今天能留下吗
Me? Yes.
我吗 是的
You know what, just show this to a paralegal.
只要把这个交给律师助理就可以了
Um, no, no, no, I-I can stay.
不不 我可以留下
I just, I just have to tell my boyfriend.
我只是要告诉我男朋友一声
Great.
太好了
Aida, I'm so sorry.
阿依达 我很难过
Your dad is a tough old cuss.
你♥爸♥爸是个坚强的老头
He'll be up and around in no time.
他很快就会康复的
Thank you. And thank you, Mr. Francis,
谢谢你 弗朗西斯先生 也谢谢你
for agreeing to be deposed.
同意作证
After a year, I thought we'd never see you.
过了一年 我以为我们永远见不到你了
Then perhaps you should use your time more fruitfully.
或许你的时间应该花的更有效率点
Thank you, Isabel.
谢谢你 伊莎贝尔
So your company, Platacostillman,
那么你的公♥司♥ 帕斯科公♥司♥
made how much in profits last year, Mr. Francis?
去年盈利多少呢 弗朗西斯先生
Domestic and worldwide: 6.7 billion.
国内国际一共盈利六十七亿
The oil business is proving to be quite
现在石油产业
lucrative these days, huh?
果然盈利颇丰啊
And how much did you pay Luis Rios and his company,
那么你付给了路易斯·里奥斯和他的公♥司♥
Latin Star Drilling?
拉丁之星钻探公♥司♥多少钱呢
I think you can read the documents, Mr. Gardner.
加德纳先生 我相信你能自己读文件的
You're right, Isabel, I can.
伊莎贝尔 你是对的 我可以
Zero.
一分钱也没有
And how much did the contract
合同里明文规定
specify you owed my client?
你欠我的客户多少钱呢
If Latin Star Drilling
如果拉丁之星钻探公♥司♥
fulfilled its contractual duties-- 86 million.
履行了合同义务 会给他八千六百万
And what were the contractual duties of Aida's father?
那阿依达爸爸的合同义务是什么呢
The contractual duties of Latin Star Drilling
拉丁之星钻探公♥司♥的合同义务就是
were to set up and operate oil rigs in Venezuela.
在委内瑞拉建造并运行石油钻塔
Which he did. Not in the time specified.
他完成了义务 超出了规定时间
His company promised to deliver in May 2008,
他的公♥司♥承诺在二零零八年五月交付
They delivered in September.
他们到九月才交付
Four months late?
迟了四个月吗
That's correct.
没错
Now, your Brazilian facility manager
你的巴西设施经理
finished his rig eight months late.
迟了八个月才建成钻塔
Nigerian contractor finished a year late.
尼日利亚承包商迟了一年才交付
And yet... you paid both.
但你都付款给他们了
Yes.
没错
We had agreements allowing for a late delivery.
我们达成协议允许他们延期交付了
Agreements? Good.
协议吗 很好
Where are they?
协议在哪儿呢
Handshake agreements.
是握手协议
Oh, I-I thought you were joking.
我还以为你在开玩笑呢
Didn't the reason you refused to pay Aida's father...
你拒绝给阿依达的爸爸付款的原因是不是
No, stay for this.
不 留在这里
...have nothing to do with the contract
和合同无关
and everything to do with
而仅仅与
the changing political climate in Venezuela?
委内瑞拉变化的政局有关?
No.
不是
But you closed your offices In Caracas in 2008, claiming
但你在零八年关闭了在加拉加斯的公♥司♥
"The socialist policies of the current president,
说"事实证明 现任总统
Hugo chavez, have proven
雨果·查韦斯的社♥会♥主♥义♥政策
unfriendly to American businesses."
是对美国企业不友好的"
And one week later,
一周后
You refused to pay my client's
你拒绝向我客户
Venezuelan subsidiary.
在委内瑞拉的附属企业付款
Now, it looks to me
在我看来
like you wanted to get out of Venezuela,
你是想撤出委内瑞拉
and you decided to skip on the bill.
并决定赖掉这笔帐
"Looks to me"?
什么叫"在我看来"
Is that one of those new-fangled legal terms?
这也是一个新奇的法律术语吗
Mr. Francis, the contracts with our client
弗朗西斯先生 你和我客户签订的合同
were executed in both Spanish and English; is that correct?
英语和西班牙语版本都签字生效了吧
It is.
没错
You speak Spanish, don't you, sir?
先生 你也讲西班牙语对吧
I do, fluently.
没错 很流利
Um, what does the word "Exito" Mean?
那"Exito"是什么意思呢
It means "Success."
是成功的意思
And yet it is often mistranslated as "Exit," Isn't it?
但它常常被误译为"退出" 对吧
And "Exit" is sometimes mistranslated as "Exito"
而"退出"也有时被误译为"成功"
Probably because both words sound so alike.
可能是因为两个词读音相似
Thank you, Rosetta stone.
谢谢你 罗塞塔石碑
What do you have?
你想说什么啊
Here, in the U.S. Copy, it reads "Exit strategy."
这里 在英文版的合同里写着"退出策略"
And here, in the supposedly identical Spanish copy,
但在这里 本应是完全一致的西班牙语版中
"Exit strateg"" is translated as "Estrategia de exito"
"退出策略"被译为"Estrategia De Exito"
"Success strategy""
也就是"成功策略"
That is such utter b...!
这完全是个...
The delivery side-letter is now void because our client
交付单边保证函因此就失效了
never agreed to the terms of your "Exit" Delivery date.
因为我方客户从没同意你们的"退出"交货日
That is a technicality!
这只是个技术问题
He knew what he was signing!
他知道他签的内容
Give us an hour.
给我们一个小时
Dad laughed.
爸爸笑了
He was sitting up in bed.
他从床上坐起来了
He knows we still have a long haul?
他知道我们还有一场持久战吧
He does.
他知道
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表