我认为这卷带子是在
I think this tape was made before
两个锋面撞击之前录好的
the two fronts trained into one.
所以你想说埃拉没有现场直播
So you're saying Ella wasn't broadcasting live?
但是她在和特蕾西对话啊
But she was having a conversation with Theresa.
她没有 不记得啦
No, she didn't, remember?
雷尼 能播下带子吗
Rainy, can you play the tape?
特蕾西 我听不到你讲话
Uh, Theresa, I'm having trouble hearing you,
所以我就报道一下我所了解到的情况
so let me just report what I know.
你认为这是在凶杀多久前录好的
How long before the murder do you think this was recorded?
大约多久
Ballpark?
可能几个小时前吧
Maybe a couple of hours.
有什么方法证实这个吗
Is there any way to confirm this?
我不太清楚
I don't know of any.
我知道可以问谁
I know who we can talk to.
你好 丹尼
Hi, Denny.
希望没打扰你
Uh, hope I'm not interrupting.
我有个技术问题
I have a technical question.
那你算找对人了
Well, you've come to the right place.
好吧
Okay.
有没有可能在你们的一辆直播车上
So, is it possible to prerecord
事先录好一段报导
a report in one of your remote vans,
然后把它当成直播一样发送到新闻编辑部
and then send it to newsroom as if it were live?
我想是可以的
I suppose so.
你得先骗过直播车那边的内频
You'd have to fool the internal clocks on the van side.
那我们这边呢
And what about on this end?
有没有什么方法可以知道
Is there any way of telling
一辆直播车没有在记者所说的地方
if a van is not where a reporter might say it is?
有
Yes.
对 有方法的
Yes, there is.
请坐 小姐
Here, ma'am.
这图是昨天晚上的
This is from last night.
-你让我看的是什么 -是T.O.C
- What am I looking at? - Oh, T.O.C.
传输控制中心
Transmission Operations Control.
就像是空中交通指挥员
It's like an air traffic controller
控制我们所有的微波信♥号♥♥
for all our microwave signals.
那你们有多少个信♥号♥♥
And how many signals do you have?
四辆直播车
Four remote vans
乘以克拉克地区遍布的11座信♥号♥♥塔
times 11 towers all over Clark county.
大量排列组合的信♥号♥♥
A lot of signal permutations.
我不知道这有那么复杂
Wow, I had no idea how complex this all was.
联邦通信委员会定的规则很恶心
FCC rules are a bitch.
直播车上的人发现最强的信♥号♥♥路径
The guy in the van finds the strongest signal path
然后把微波传送到信♥号♥♥塔
and beams the microwaves to the signal tower
信♥号♥♥塔把它放大然后改变路径传送到这儿
where it is amplified and rerouted back here
我们的直播中心
to our broadcast center.
然后当信♥号♥♥传送回来的时候
And when the signal comes back,
我们就能知道它是哪儿的信♥号♥♥
it lets us know where it's been.
所以特蕾西被杀的时候
So when Theresa was killed,
埃拉和她的摄影师在她们所说的地方吗
were Ella and her cameraman where they said they were?
实际上 没有
Actually... no.
如果直播车在这儿的话
If the van was here,
她们传送信♥号♥♥的信♥号♥♥塔
the tower they transmitted to
在一个不可能的角度
is at an impossible angle.
这一路上都是山脉
There's a whole mountain in the way.
他们为什么要说谎
Why would they lie?
这问题问得好
It's a good question.
罗比在哪儿
Um, where's Robbie?
我以为你也要和他谈谈呢
I thought you were talking to him, too.
我朋友尼克在隔壁和他谈呢
My friend Nick is talking to him in the next room.
就在镜子后面
Just there behind the mirror.
今晚 收看特蕾西·谢伊带来的KVKC新闻
Tonight, on KVKC News with Theresa Shea.
这是什么
What's this?
这是两周前你们的新闻联播的开头
That is the opening of your newscast two weeks ago.
欢迎11点收看KVKC本地新闻
Welcome to the KVKC Local News at 11:00.
我是特蕾西·谢伊
I'm Theresa Shea.
我是埃拉·圣·詹姆斯
And I'm Ella St. James.
今晚我们的头条新闻是鲍比·里德[第九集剧情人物]
Our top story tonight, Bobby Reed,
丹尼斯·里德的儿子
son of Dennis Reed,
承认吸毒还有...
pleads guilty to drug charges and...
恭喜啊 联合主持人
Congratulations. Co-anchor.
用不着恭喜我 我又没做下去
Don't congratulate me; it didn't last.
是没做下去 不是吗
No, it didn't, did it?
就在上周 你又重新回到外景
Just last week, you were back out in the field
而这又是特蕾西一个人的舞台了
and it was the Theresa show all over again.
怎么回事
What changed?
说实话 我不知道
Honestly, I don't know.
感觉是保尔森想让我去主持的
It felt like Paulsen was grooming me to take over.
我知道特蕾西也这么觉得
I know Theresa felt the same.
毕竟我也没有十全十美
I still have the claw marks.
所以他降你的职让你重新回到外景
So he demoted you back into the field?
我其实也被炒过一次
I was actually fired once.
真得把我惹毛了
Really drove me crazy.
我想如果我被降职了
I think if I was demoted,
我真不知道我会做出什么事儿
I don't know what I would have done.
别去操心那边的情况了
Don't worry about what's going on in there.
自己这边上点心吧
Worry about what's going on in here.
这是你新闻站的传输操作报告
This is your T.O.C. Report from the news station.
嗯
Okay.
报告内容显示你播报时所在位置
It tells me you weren't where you said you were
与你之前所说的并不相符
when you were broadcasting.
我有必要请律师吗
Do I need a lawyer?
我无所谓的
It doesn't matter to me.
我可以直接问你上司
I'll just ask your boss
有没有预先录制现场新闻报道的可能
if it's possible to prerecord a live news segment.
我想我们都清楚他会怎么回答吧
I think we both know what he's gonna say.
我之前的确幻想过杀掉特蕾西
Of course I fantasized about killing Theresa.
但我不会真那么做
But I wouldn't.
我不是那种人 我踏入新闻界也不是为了做这种事
It's not who I am. Not why I got into news.
所以是和职业道德有关吗
So, it was an ethical thing?
在对待业内新人方面
For starters.
那么伪造新闻报道呢
And, uh, falsifying a news report?
这是一则天气现场报道
It was a weather stand up.
还是全身湿透的那种 他们应该派雷尼去
Soaking-wet fluff-- they should've sent Rainy.
但他们派了你去
But they sent you.
为什么
Why?
不是"他们" 是特蕾西
Not "They"-- Theresa.
她感到备受威胁
She felt threatened,
认为我是头号♥竞争对手
so she alpha-femaled me.
简直就是在跟埃拉说"你去死吧"
It was a big "Screw you" to Ella.
此前没人能动摇特蕾西地位的
Nobody challenged Theresa.
保尔森都不行
Not even Paulsen.
所以你伪造了新闻报道
So, you faked your news report,
伪造了不在场证明
fabricated an alibi,
偷偷摸摸进了新闻站
snuck into the station...
不对
No.
算半对吧
I mean, yes.
我们是在偷偷摸摸
We were sneaking,
不过 是在干另外一件事
but... for a very different reason.
罗比和我
Robby and I,
因工作走得近
we worked closely together.
我们越走越近
We got closer.
直到发♥生♥关♥系♥
Physical.
别误会 我已结婚
Don't get me wrong, I'm married...
她也很爱她丈夫
And she loves her husband.
我能理解
I get that.
但有时间的话 我们就会想办法
But when we found the time, we would try to...
开溜 就时不时地
Step away, every once in a while.
编完了雨夜报道之后
So when the rain gig came up,
我们就逃班了
we played hooky.
去了老地方
Went to our usual spot.
剧集 | 犯罪现场调查(2000) | 导航列表