那也阻止不了我
You told me you saw your brother once,
你说过 你在你弟弟离家出走后
after he disappeared.
见过他一次
Thirteen years ago.
13年前
I used to go to Princeton whenever I could.
我以前一有空就去普林斯顿
I must have hit every homeless shelter in town.
城里的每个收♥容♥所♥我都找过了
Then one day, I'm just sitting at this deli having a sandwich,
有一天 我坐在一家熟食店吃三明治
I look out the window
往窗外看了看
and there he is.
发现他在外面
He was gone by the time I got outside.
我出去的时候他已经走了
That's why you were so eager,
所以当我告诉你 普林斯顿有空缺职位的时候
when I told you there was a job in Princeton.
你才会那么兴奋
I thought it was just my charm.
我还以为是我的魅力所致
That's the team, shouldn't you answer?
你的小队打来的电♥话♥ 你不接吗
They've already texted me to say they're doing something stupid.
他们已经发了短♥信♥告诉我 他们又做了傻事
Small abdominal aneurysm.
腹部有些小异常
Also irrelevant.
不相关 还找到些什么?
Also irrelevant.
还是不相关
Couldn't cause any of the symptoms.
不能引发任何症状
There's a density in the liver,
肝脏血管密度过大
could be a vascular malformation.
可能是血管畸形
If he's got multiple AVMs,
如果他有多动静脉畸形
screwed up blood flow would
血流被搅乱 这就可以解释一切症状
explain everything.
用血管造影术才能发现
We can only spot them with angiography.
我们得做对比扫描
We'll have to do targeted scans with contrast,
把病变的地方一一堵上
We'll find out.
一会就知道了
The spell-correct on Kutner's phone
要么是卡特纳的短♥信♥
has got a hair-trigger.
拼写有误
Either that, or the patient
要么就是我们病人
has a "cyclone" in the "floral" of his lungs.
某一边的肺叶席卷了一场龙♥卷♥风♥
You took a walk in 45-degree weather
你在华氏45度的低温下散步
and you left your coat behind.
却把外套落在办公室
Go ahead.
继续
I think you were punishing yourself.
我认为你在惩罚自己
I think you wanted to feel
你是想感受一下
what it would be like to be homeless in a New Jersey winter.
在新泽西的冬季无家可归是怎样的感觉
That tells me guilt.
我觉得你应该是很愧疚
That tells me something happened.
肯定有地方不对劲
The schizophrenia started when he was a teenager.
他在青少年时期就患上了精神分♥裂♥
When he was in college,
那时他还在上大学
he was on meds, but he'd still think
一直接受着治疗 但他始终觉得
a professor was out to get him because he got a B,
教授会因为他考试得了个B而找他麻烦
or he would fight with his roommates because he never showered.
或因为从不洗澡而和室友打架
Where were you?
当时你在哪?
Med school.
医学院
He called me every day,
他每天都给我打电♥话♥
talked for hours. I didn't have hours.
一聊就是几个小时 可我没那么多时间
Interesting.
有意思
Later for that. Go on.
稍后再说这个 你继续
I was tired of being the guy that everybody counted on.
我厌倦了做别人依靠的对象
So one night Danny called...
于是有一天丹尼打来电♥话♥
One night Danny called, crying, upset about something.
他哭了 抱怨着什么
I had to study for an exam.
但我得复习考试
So I hung up.
所以我挂断了
Took my things,
拿着我的东西
I went to the library
去了图书馆
where I wouldn't have to hear the phone ring.
这样就听不到电♥话♥响了
I wonder how that turned out.
我很好奇之后的事
My mother called me the next day,
第二天我妈给我打电♥话♥
Danny had run away and left his meds behind.
告诉我丹尼离家出走 不再接受治疗了
Which I knew meant that he would never be able
我知道这意味着他再也没能力
to choose to come back,
自己回来
because he'd be so detached from reality.
因为他的病让他与现实社会完全脱节
So you made your one effort to live a normal, selfish life,
所以当你努力试着过普通而自私的生活时
and the universe immediately smacked you down.
全能的上帝立刻惩罚了你
And because we're wired to
同样因为我们都注定喜欢
find meaning in semi-random events,
从半随机的事件之中寻找生命的意义
you decided never to be that careless again.
所以你决定再也不这么大意
You don't think that's a little facile?
你不觉得这样说 有些逃避责任?
Actually, I don't.
事实上 我不觉得
I think you did it consciously.
我觉得你已经很用心去做这件事
You developed your people pleasing talents
你就像奥♥运♥会选手锻炼他们的肌肉那样
the way an Olympic athlete develops his muscles.
锻炼自己与人为乐的天赋
Talk about an overreaction to a single event.
说到平凡小事的反映过激
It was a pretty big event.
那件事闹得很大
Hanging up the phone?
只是挂电♥话♥?
That's what you're blaming all this on.
你一直在怪自己挂了电♥话♥
That's the behavior you've been trying to correct.
那件事 你一直想要修复补偿
As though nothing else went wrong in your brother's life.
就好像你弟弟的生活中就没有别的错事了
Of course he overreacted, too, but...
当然 他也反映过激了 但...
His glucose was normal.
他的葡萄糖水平正常
We're not talking about my brother anymore, are we?
我们不是在谈我弟弟了 对吧
It's House.
我是豪斯
AVMs don't explain his glucose.
多动静脉畸形不能解释葡萄糖水平
Since this is a significant moment
介于这是我生命中非常重要的时刻
in my life and all, I'll...
我想我就直接进去 然后...
We have given him steroids.
你们给他用了类固醇
His glucose should have been elevated.
他的葡萄糖水平应该升高
That wannabe cyst you found in the whole body scan,
病因就是你们在全身检查中找到的囊肿
without the glucose, it's an irrelevant cyst,
不联♥系♥葡萄糖水平 它就只是无关紧要的囊肿
with the glucose, it's a relevant fibroma.
考虑到葡萄糖 它就是一个纤维瘤
He has Doege-Potter Syndrome.
他得的是孤立性胸膜纤维瘤
His fibroma is secreting human growth hormone
他的纤维瘤中藏有成长荷尔蒙
which acts like insulin, lowering his glucose.
就像胰岛素一样 降低他的葡萄糖水平
That doesn't explain the organ failure, the brain damage.
这不能解释他的脏器衰竭和脑功能异常
This whole thing is an overreaction.
整个系统都反映过激了
That one small fibroma, it's benign,
那个小纤维瘤
but his body's acting like it's an invader.
是良性的 但他身体的反应就好像是来了入侵者
His antibodies went to war against it and got carried away,
他的抗体跟小纤维瘤打起了仗
attacked his other systems.
并且波及到他身体的其他系统
Take out the fibroma,
摘除纤维瘤
he'll be a happy hypocrite again in no time.
很快他就能高兴的做回伪君子了
NICK: Maybe I should call a cab.
也许我该叫个出租车
Your wife's probably just late.
你妻子可能来迟了
Yeah.
是啊
I'm sorry about,
我很抱歉
you know,
你知道
things I said.
为我之前说的话
I have a conspicuous nose.
我的鼻子很大
It suits your face.
他和你的脸很相称
I'm sorry I'm late.
抱歉我来迟了
Traffic.
堵车
...
我之前想要告诉你 但你病了
it didn't seem like the best time.
时机不对
I've been offered a better position.
我升职了
I'd be coordinating cancer awareness
我现在管理协调3个城市的
walks in three cities.
唤醒抗癌意识竞走活动
That's great.
太好了
Congratulations.
恭喜你
I know you've worked hard for this.
我知道你一直在为此努力
Thank you.
谢谢
Is Marika okay?
马瑞卡还好吗
I'm sure she's moved on.
她已经没事了
Kids are so resilient.
孩子就是这样 一会就没事的
You Okay?
你没事吧
I'll be seeing Danny again next week.
我下周会再去看看丹尼
I'd like you to meet him.
我想让你也见见他
Sure.
当然
Sounds interesting.
听起来他挺有意思的
Go on.
剧集 | 豪斯医生(2004) | 导航列表