我也想当一个好母亲
And I want to be a good mother.
老实说 我不大知道怎么当一个好母亲
Honestly, I don't know much about it.
可是我愿意去学
But I am ready to learn,
而且我学东西很快
and I'm a fast learner.
我会不惜一切代价
And I will do whatever it takes
去做一个好母亲
to be a good mom.
你知道好母亲都做些什么吗
You know what good moms do?
她们喜欢夸自己的孩子
They brag about their babies,
而今天我听到的就是这样
and that's what I heard today.
虽然以今天来看 佐拉没有参加游戏组
As it turns out, Zola's day didn't involve playgroup
也没有去上宝宝健身课
or baby gym class.
她的一天就只有手术
It involved surgery,
而你清楚地知道每一时每一刻她的状况
and you knew where she was every second.
我很感谢你能把她的这段经历与我分享
I appreciate you sharing that with me.
我那是为了显示我的主动性
I was showing initiative.
那你也不能假装
That doesn't mean you get to pretend
你是个主治医师啊
that you're an attending!
我没有假装
I wasn't pretending,
-我只是不需要主治医师 -天呐
- I just didn't need an attending. - Oh, my God--
泰迪这是在害我
Teddy is doing a disservice to me
不让我接受我应得的指导
and to the education that I deserve.
我别无选择 只能自己动手进行学习
I had no choice but to take my learning to my own hands.
所以我掌握了主动权 医治了一位病人
So I took the initiative and treated a patient
而且取得了非常成功的结果
and followed through to a successful outcome.
如果这还不能说明我具备
If that doesn't show the qualities
成为住院总的素质 我不知道什么能了
of a chief resident, I don't know what does.
你是不可能当住院总的
You're not gonna be the chief resident.
住院总不会是你 对不起
It's not gonna be you. I'm sorry.
这话是 是主任说的
Is this from the--the chief
还是 还是泰迪说的
or--or from Teddy?
都不是 是我说的
No, it's from me.
你知道这对我有多重要吧
You r--you know how important this is.
住院总可以成就你的事业
Chief resident can make your career.
你可以任意挑选各种基金
You have your pick of fellowships.
你从来就不具备这样的素质
You never had the qualifications.
你凭什么这么说
Based on what?
住院总不仅仅是简历上的一个亮点
Chief resident is more than just a resume boost.
他还要统筹时间表
It's managing schedules,
监督实习生 写报告
overseeing interns, pushing papers,
与整个体系共同运作
working within the system.
那不是你 你从来都不会做这些事
That isn't you. It's never been you.
知道吗 我要 我要抗♥议♥
You know, I'm-- I'm--I'm protesting this.
你是在摧毁我的事业
You are screwing with my career.
这会害了你的
And it will kill you.
你是个外科医生
You're a surgeon,
一切阻止你成为外科医生的因素
and anything that keeps you from being a surgeon
都能让你受伤 让你疯狂
will hurt you and it will make you crazy.
今天我们就看出来了 你不是当住院总的料
We saw it today. You're not built for this job.
你会讨厌它 你会怨恨它
You will hate it and you will resent it
你会一直和它对着干 直至你失败
You will fight against it until you fail.
所以就 就好好当一个外科医生吧
So just... just be a surgeon.
知道吗 那 那才是你
You know, it's--it's what you are.
做好你所擅长的就好
Just be excellent at what you are.
你说完了没
Are you done?
说完了
Yes.
谢谢你花时间跟我说了那么多
Thank you for your time.
我不去非洲了
I'm not going to Africa.
是啊 让我说清楚
Right. Uh, let me just say this--
不 这样才是对的
No, it's the right thing.
我可以等我住院医实习期结束
I-I can finish my residency,
然后或许我们俩可以一起去非洲
and then maybe we can both go to Africa.
阿历克斯 我 你听我说
Alex, I just-- just listen to me.
今天早上你说得对
You were right this morning.
你说还应该要考虑其他的因素
You said there were other factors to consider,
而你就是一个因素
and you are a factor.
我很抱歉这话我没能早点说出来
I'm sorry I didn't say that sooner.
当罗宾斯说他们要找一个单身的人的时候
When Robbins said they were looking for someone single,
我是说 我以为我是单身
I mean, that's how I think of myself
因为每当我
because whenever I think
想要和谁共谱未来的时候
of a future with someone,
我总是会被虐得很惨
I always get kicked in the teeth,
所以我连想都不太敢想了
so I stopped even looking,
可是 现在和你
but... now with you--
阿历克斯 别说了
Alex, stop.
好吗 别再说了
Okay, just stop.
今天早上你说得对
You were right this morning.
事业才是第一位的 就应该是这样
Career comes first. It's how it should be.
所以我...
And so I...
我接受了那个职位
I took the job.
那就打电♥话♥给他们 打给贝勒
So call 'em. Call Baylor.
是南博希的那个职位
At Namboze.
我接受了南博希的职位
I took the job at Namboze Clinic.
什么
You what?
我的职位吗 你抢了我饭碗
My job? You took my job?
你今早也说了 不针对个人
Like you said, it's not personal.
有时就得先下手为强
Sometimes, you have to be a shark.
我非洲那活被那贱♥人♥抢了
The job in Africa? The bitch stole it out from under me.
谁啊
Who?
露西 我还跟她说 我要留下
Lucy. I told her I'd stay.
好容易对一个人动了心
You open yourself up to
就碰上这破事
someone for one freakin' second...
卡拉汉 给我双份威士忌
Calahan, I'll take a double whiskey.
住院总必须是我
I freakin' better get chief resident.
你的酒
Here you go.
麻烦 苏格兰威士忌
Scotch, please.
慢用
Here you go.
你要知道 规矩很有用的
You know, the rules are there for a reason.
又来了
Oh, boy.
我刚来就害死了一位女病人
I killed a woman when I first started here.
结果被炒了
I got fired for it...
就因为我漏了一个小步骤
Because I missed a little step--
简单的一小步
one simple step.
大家都按部就班
We follow the protocols,
不忽略步骤 病人就不会死
we don't skip steps, people live--
就这么简单
simple as that.
你说得没错
You know, you're right.
住院总多半轮不到我
I probably won't be chief resident,
可核对表绝对有用
but the checklists work.
这一点你没法否认
You can't tell me they don't.
你退出主任的试验
Dropping out of the chief's trial
-可真够傻的了 -前辈
- is a real bonehead move, Avery. - Sir...
你这一犯傻呢 我就开始琢磨
Such a bonehead move, that I started thinking,
试验会不会不完善
maybe the chief's trial is flawed.
我就亲自看了看
So I looked into it myself.
试验方法无懈可击
The methodology is flawless.
太完美了 多半会拿奖
In fact, it's the kind of stuff that wins awards--
而且是大奖 比如哈珀·艾弗里奖
big awards, like the Harper Avery.
你退出主任的试验
You dropped out of the chief's trial
是怕自己身为艾弗里家的人
'cause you knew that if your name was on it,
会影响主任获奖
it would ruin the chief's chances.
你不想靠家庭背景成功 我很佩服
I respect that you don't want to succeed on your name,
可也别让家庭背景拖累你
but don't you ever let it hold you back.
你在这啊
There you are.
都还顺利吗
Everything okay?
一切顺利
Completely.
我头一个就想告诉你
I wanted you to be the first to hear
到底有多顺利
just how okay everything is.
-我又有工作了 -真的吗
- I got my old job back. - You're kidding.
我告诉他们 我参加了韦伯的试验
I told 'em about Webber's trial
他会帮我装人工胰腺
and that I'm getting a new pancreas.
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表