不许把任何一个人排除在外
There's no pulling anybody aside.
我们是恋爱关系 马克
We have a relationship, Mark.
-那可跟你没多大关系 -她怀着我的孩子
- Part of that doesn't include you. - She's carrying my kid.
好吧 如果她能单独谈 我也要单独谈
All right, if she gets a minute, then I get a minute, too.
你知道吗 都不许和我单独谈
Ok, you know what? No one gets a minute.
我有个病人 病人才能和我单独谈谈
I have a patient. The patient gets a minute.
我有个朋友视力下降了
I've got a friend who can't see,
然后 她认为也许是她的助孕药
and, uh, she thinks that maybe her, uh, fertility meds--
你的朋友
Your friend?
你以为我是编出来的吗
You think I'm making it up?
你在找借口和我说话
You're looking for reasons to talk to me
因为我们上次谈话的时候
because the last time we spoke,
你约我出去 而我拒绝了
you asked me out, and I said no.
所以现在你来探我口风
So now you're taking my temperature
想知道我是真的很忙
to see if I was actually busy
还是就对你不感兴趣
or just not interested.
你觉得既然我拒绝了你
You can't ask me out again,
你就不能再开口约我了
not after what you perceived to be a rejection,
因为即使你满口说的都是自信
because even though your whole rap is about confidence,
你那点自信和一只吉娃娃没什么两样
you're about as self-assured as a chihuahua.
你的朋友 她不需要我的帮助
Your friend, uh, she doesn't need my help.
如果她真需要 她会叫我的
If she did, she'd call me.
敢情我应该再约你一次就对了吗
So I should just ask you out again?
那可简单多了 你不这么想吗
It's a lot simpler, don't you think?
你有时间和我共进晚餐吗
Are you free for dinner?
没有 忙得很
Nope. Busy.
开始我以为那是个良性囊肿
Well, at first I thought it was a benign cyst,
但是它看起来像是个水囊状淋巴管瘤
but it looks like it's probably a cystic hygroma.
哇 气管快被堵死了
Wow. The trarachea's starting to close off.
我会把你的憩室切除术换个时间
Well, I'll move your diverticulectomy.
或者说不定斯塔克医生有时间接手它
or maybe Dr. Stark has time for it.
斯塔克医生有时间干啥
Dr. Stark has time for what?
我有个憩室切除术病例
Uh, I've got a diverticulectomy.
我们希望你能接手它
We're hoping that you could take it,
因为这个水囊瘤需要立即切除
'cause this hygroma needs to come out right away.
我的天啊 你们怎么等了这么久
Oh, good lord. Why did you wait so long?
这玩意就是个定时炸♥弹♥
This thing is a time bomb.
我们今天才首次诊治这个病人
We just saw the patient for the first time today.
那是怎么回事 父母没有医疗保险吗
Well, so what, the parents don't have health insurance?
他们有
They do.
那他们怎么不带这孩子看医生
Well, why didn't they get this kid to a doctor?
凯尔的母亲患有老年痴呆症
Kyle's mother has Alzheimer's.
她几个月前被确诊
She was diagnosed a few months ago,
他的父亲拼死拼活地工作
and the father has been working like a dog
以防他们的保险失效
so their insurance doesn't lapse.
而且凯尔在照顾他的母亲
And Kyle's taking care of his mom
一点不比任何人少
as much as anyone's taking care of him.
他们一家人都抽身乏术
They're just underwater right now.
好吧 给保护机构打电♥话♥
Yeah, all right. Call protective services.
-什么 -你们不会一个人都没听懂吧
- What? - At least one of you here understood that, right?
你不能将凯尔带从他父母身边夺走
You can't take Kyle away from his parents.
你刚刚才说
You just told me
他们对儿子漠不关心
they're not caring for their son.
他们面对的是难以想象的艰难处境
They are dealing with an extraordinary set of circumstances.
这种事天天都有
This happens all the time.
所以国家才会专门成立一个部门来应对
That's why the state set up a whole department to deal with this.
我待会儿要请三位专家来
You know, I've got three specialists on their way
会诊一个肿瘤
in here to look at a tumor,
所以我需要这个房♥间
so I need this room.
斯塔克医生
Dr. Stark--
而你还有个手术要做
And you've got a surgery to perform,
假设病人的气道还没有闭合的话
assuming the patient's airway is not already closed.
如果已经闭合了 那他可能已经死了
If it has, well, he's probably dead, and then,
那样 我们就不需要打电♥话♥给任何人了
well, yeah, nobody has to call anybody, right?
你得让他打消这个念头
You have to call him off.
我不知道 我们可以叫个社工
Well, I don't know. We can call a social worker,
让他过去打个招呼 看看能帮上什么忙
have 'em go in and say hello, ask if they need any help.
这能暂时糊弄他
It'll placate him.
不可以 一旦走这个程序
No, because once you're in the system,
事情就只会变得越来越糟
it'll only get worse.
你就会被登记为漠视子女的父母
You're registered as a parent who neglects his kid.
那就完了
It's over.
你得叫他打消这个念头
You have to call him off.
他是我的上司
He's my boss.
相信我 我比你还要不喜欢这样做
Believe me, I like it way less than you do.
这家人刚刚失去了生活的重心
This family just lost the ground under their feet.
没人愿意看到
No one likes the idea
一个十岁的孩子照顾自己的母亲
of a 10 year old taking care of his mother
但他们已经尽力了
But they're doing the best they can.
德里克的药也许能帮到她
Maybe Derek's drug helps her.
也许她会拿到安慰剂 然后十八个月后
Or she could get the placebo, and in 18 months,
她就会连凯尔都不认识了
she doesn't even know who Kyle is.
我们不能让他们在一起的最后几年
We can't let their last couple of years together
变成一场噩梦 为了留住凯尔
become some nightmare where they're fighting
成天四处抗争
to keep kyle in their house.
他们经历的噩梦已经够多的了
It's enough of a nightmare already.
我们一定要说服他
We'll talk to him.
大不了被他骂一顿
What, so he shoots us down.
试一试又不会受伤 对吧
It can't hurt to try, right?
你要我帮你做憩室切除术
You need me to take your diverticulectomy
所以你好帮那孩子切除水囊瘤 对吗
while you remove the boy's mass, right?
我的助手比我更了解我的日程安排
My assistant knows my schedule better than me.
去跟她谈吧
Just check with her.
我们觉得联♥系♥保护机构不是个好主意
We think calling protective services is a bad idea.
凯尔的母亲可能没多少清醒的日子了
Oh, uh, Kyle's mother may not have a lot of lucid time.
然后这几年会过得非常艰难
And these years are gonna be difficult,
但这一家子就只有这些了
but it's all the family has,
而把他们分开
and so pulling them apart...
你知道儿童保护机构什么时候才会
Do you know when protective services
让带走孩子吗
pulls families apart?
当孩子有危险的时候
When the children are in danger.
如果孩子没有危险 他们就会离开
When the children aren't in danger, they go away.
他们会去做别的
They do something else.
但他们会不经思考对某些情况
But they can have a knee-jerk reaction
作出下意识的反应
to certain circumstances...
什么 你是认为他们都是笨蛋吗
What, you think they're idiots?
-我确定他们不是 -狠心的无赖吗
- I am sure that they are not... - Heartless wretches?
不是
No.
儿科医生倒是有可能是狠心的无赖
Pediatric surgeons can be heartless wretches.
有些人认为我就是一个很好的例子
Some would argue that I'm a case in point.
然而社工们却不一样
But social workers, on the other hand,
他们都是热心肠 好吗
are bleeding hearts, all right?
他们只挣一点点可怜工资
They're earning peanuts,
他们做的是吃力不讨好的工作
they're doing this thankless work,
然而他们却被说成是破坏家庭的人
and then they get paind as, what, home wreckers?
仅仅是因为他们插手了
For simply for stepping in
让孩子们受到伤害的事情
where children are being harmed.
但那个孩子没有受到伤害
Yeah, but the boy is not being harmed.
你对此很肯定是吗 你百分百肯定
And you're sure about that, right? You're 100% sure?
没有一丝犹豫
No shadow of a doubt there?
这种感觉一定很棒 是吧
Ah. That must be a nice feeling, huh?
你还是为你的住院医生作出榜样
Why don't you be a good example for your residents
然后去打电♥话♥吧
and make the call?
你在写什么
What are you writing?
贝利医生
Dr. Bailey?
我在写你的耳朵
I'm writing about your ears.
我的耳朵怎么了
What about them?
没有任何问题
There's nothing wrong with 'em.
那我现在可以回家了吗
Well, then can I go home now?
不可以 夫人
No, ma'am.
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表