He took me to the tattoo shop and told me
他要纹上我的名字
he was gonna get this tattoo
向我表达他对我的爱有多深
to show me just how much he loved me, which...
当时我肯定说过他很傻或者更难听的话
is when I'm pretty sure I called him an idiot or something worse.
没人会用纹身来表达爱意
You don't declare your love for someone by getting a tattoo.
你会用一些常用的招数 比如
You do normal things, like--
比如准备一次浪漫的约会 或者写首情诗
like plan a nice date, or-- or write a poem,
或者顶多 单膝跪地求婚
or hell, drop down on one knee and propose.
你不会在自己身上烙下爱人的名字
You don't brand yourself with another person's name.
那时山姆说 "那好吧"
Which is when Sam said, "Okay,"
然后他单膝跪地
and he got down on one knee,
拿出戒指来 当场
pulled out a ring and proposed...
向我求婚
on the spot.
从那以后 每次
After that, every time...
哪怕在我们吵架的时候
even if we were fighting
或者我因为他忘记倒垃圾而发火的时候
or I was mad at him because he forgot to take the garbage cans out or...
只要看一眼那个纹身
I'd catch a glimpse of that tattoo,
我就会想起 这个人是爱我的
and I'd remember, this guy loves me.
哪怕垃圾臭在院子一整个星期
Even if the garbage is gonna smell up the yard for a week...
重要的是他爱我
he loves me.
爱过我
Loved me.
我根本不喜欢小孩
I don't even like kids.
拜托
Come on.
在儿科工作
Pediatric surgery
和喜不喜欢小孩没什么关系
has nothing to do with liking kids.
核磁共振室
好了 莉莉 躺着别动 好吗
All right, Lily. I need you to stay still, okay?
否则会影响检查
Or you're gonna mess up the test.
我就在那个小房♥间里面
I'm gonna be right over there in that booth,
然后就开始检查了
and that's how it goes.
莉莉 这个不能带到机器里
Lily, you can't have this in the machine, okay?
抱歉
I'm sorry.
伙计们
Hey, look, guys,
请你回避一下 好吗
why don't you back off for a little while, okay?
放心 没事的
Hey. It's gonna be okay.
人们到儿科工作因为这是精英所在
I mean, you go into peds because it's elite,
核心部门 顶尖专业
you know, uh, hard-core, the best of the best.
等下别取笑我 好吧
水火不容
Na na na, fire and rain
而不是让我疯狂
instead of driving me insane
我就是怎样都无法对你生气
But I can't stay mad at you for anything...
你知不知道
Did you know that there are
全国只有38个儿科进修点
only 38 pediatric surgery fellowship spots in the country?
全国
The country.
相对而言 心胸外科有120个进修点
I mean, uh, to compare, cardiothoracic has 120.
儿科才是群英荟萃之地
Pediatric surgery is the elite of the elite.
所以是的 我会考虑
So yeah, I'd consider specializing...
专攻儿科 肯定的
in pediatric surgery, for sure.
但不是为了孩子
But not because of the kids.
当然不会是为了孩子
Definitely not because of the kids.
我不会做任何改变
...And I wouldn't change a thing...
呼吸道畅通了
Airway's clear.
你知道的 事实上
You know, the truth is that
枪击案发生在这里而不是别的地方
it's actually a good thing that...
其实倒是件好事
the shooting happened here instead of somewhere else,
我们能更好地处理外伤
because we are better equipped to handle trauma.
我们每天面对外伤 这是我们职责所在
I mean, we see trauma every day. It's our job.
那儿有个刺伤伤口
We got a stab wound there.
-好的 我知道了 -接上检测器
- Yeah, I-I got it. - Put him on a monitor.
谢谢
Thank you.
他需要手术
Uh, he needs surgery.
好吧 把伤口包一下
Okay, let's pack it,
稳定住情况 然后带他上楼
stabilize him, and get him upstairs.
马上就好 医生
Right away, doctor.
好的 好的
Right. Right.
还有一个伤员正在送院途中
There's another incoming trauma on his way in,
所以我会留在这儿守着
so I'm just gonna stay down here and handle that.
处理创伤是我们的工作之一
Yeah, I mean, trauma is a part of our job,
所以我们的工作就是要
so improvising and thinking on our feet,
随机应变 当机立断
that's what we're trained to do.
不 杨医生没跟我一起来很正常
No, it's not strange Dr. Yang isn't coming with me.
我有空 所以我来接手这个病人
I was available, so I'll take this guy,
她接下一个 这就是先到先治
she'll take the next one. It's first come, first serve.
大家都想进手术室
Everyone wants to get in that O.R.
我们是外科医生 手术就是我们的生命
We're surgeons. We live to cut.
就是我们的人生
It's who we are.
现在还不晚 知道吗
It's not too late, you know?
我们可以把下一段旅程提前
We could move up our next trip,
离开这儿 就赶今晚的航♥班♥
skip out of here, and -- and just catch a plane tonight.
你这么久没做手术不也好好的吗
I mean, you've been fine this long without the surgery.
再晚点也不会有事的
You'd be fine a little longer.
结肠反转术是个很简单的手术
Colostomy reversal is a very basic surgery.
有时候 我一天可能会做两三个
On a typical day, I might do two or three in a row.
那天 我本来就是要
Uh, this was the surgery
给玛丽做这个手术的
I was supposed to perform on Mary that day.
就是那天
The day that...
那个
that -- that, um...
总之
Anyway, um,
从医学角度讲
medically speaking,
她有点气门下垂
she was getting a little stoma prolapse
还有些电解质失调
and some electrolyte imbalances,
所以我们就应该现在给她做手术
so it's good that we're doing the surgery now.
以绝后患
Good to get it over with.
我刚拿到了莉莉的检测结果
So we just got Lily's labs back,
现在拿去给罗宾斯医生看
and I'm taking 'em to Dr. Robbins.
结果不是很好
-结果不是 -我只是说
- They don't, uh... - I mean, I'm just saying,
我以为你会替我高兴
I think that at least you could be happy.
我以为我们已经很高...
Well, I thought we were hap --
要不我待会再回来
Uh, should I come back?
不必了 反正我们也说完了
No, whatever. We're done anyway.
你 你拿到莉莉的检验结果了吗
Uh, you have -- you have Lily's results?
显然这是她的决定
Well, it's her decision, obviously.
这是个难得的机会
It's an incredible opportunity.
我是说 你不可能
I mean, you don't just, uh,
拒绝卡特·麦迪逊基金的
turn down a Carter Madison grant.
没人会拒绝卡特·麦迪逊基金的
Nobody turns down a Carter Madison grant.
我 我知道的 我
I mean, I-I... I know that. I...
我明白的 真的
I understand that. I do.
如果情况换过来 是我获得这笔钱
I mean, if the situation were reversed...
不 我还是会说不
Actually, no. You know what no.
如果情况换过来 我会拒绝这笔钱
If the situation were reversed, I would turn the thing down.
现在这种时候
I wouldn't even consider
我是不会考虑到国外去的
moving to another continent right now.
但我又不是她
But I'm not her.
所以
So, uh...
就像我说的 这是个难得的机会
like I said, it's an incredible opportunity.
你们最好已经把骨锯准备好了
Hope you've got that bone saw ready,
因为我现在很想锯几条胳膊下来
'cause I am really in the mood to cut off some arms.
儿科
不幸的是 由于之前的手术
Unfortunately, because of her prior surgeries,
造成莉莉有瘘管
Lily has fistulas
这样一来 移除她的肿瘤就难上加难
that make removing her tumor that much more difficult.
肿瘤现在很大
The tumor is now so large
已经压♥迫♥到了她的气管和食道
that it's impinging on her airway and esophagus.
格雷琴·普里斯
莉莉的母亲
要摘除肿瘤就意味着
Removing the tumor would mean
要摘除莉莉的整个气管
removing Lily's entire trachea,
也就是说
which means...
莉莉将会完全无法呼吸
Lily wouldn't be able to breathe at all.
那次枪击案过后
The other thing that's changed for me
我的另一个转变就是
most since the shooting is that...
现在我觉得
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表