剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
Is there a copy?
没有
No.
这种情况对我们没有任何好处
Then that doesn't do us any good.
"马克·阿伯克龙比
"Mark Abercrombie,
德鲁里道26♥4♥2号♥ 12D公♥寓♥
26♥4♥2 Drury Lane, Apartment 12D,
英格兰斯塔福德郡
Staffordshire, England.
大卫·阿佩尔 埃图瓦勒街161号♥3号♥单位
David Appel, 161 Rue Etoile, Unit 3,
法国拉塞勒圣克卢
La-Celle-Saint-Cloud, France.
-安妮·埃文代尔" -等等
- Anne Avondale --" - Wait a minute.
你把整个名单背下来了
You memorized the whole list?
是的
Yes.
为什么
Why?
我控制不住 我拥有照相记忆
I can't help it. I have a photographic memory.
好好记住那张照片 我们走
Hang on to that photo. Let's go.
要是现在不方便 我可以迟点再来
If this is a bad time, I can come back.
进来吧
Come on in.
谢谢 我很感谢
Thanks. I appreciate it.
不客气 什么事
Sure. What's up?
我想来听听上大学的建议
I was hoping for a little college advice.
乔治城大学 我的母校 恭喜
Georgetown, my alma mater. Congratulations.
我可以告诉你所有宿舍的小道消息
I'm gonna have to give you the skinny on all the dorms.
事实上 是关于斯坦福的
Actually, it's about Stanford.
我也被斯坦福录取了
I got in there, too.
那太棒了
That's amazing.
也算不上 我爸不知道我申请了
Not really. My dad doesn't know I applied.
那就找他谈谈
So talk to him.
当然 超简单
Sure. That's easy.
"老爸 我知道你很忙
"Hey, Dad, I know you have a few things on your plate,
但我想搬到4800公里之外
but I want to move 3,000 miles away
上一所你不知道我申请了的大学"
and go to a college you don't even know I applied to."
就像这样
Just like that.
他不会高兴的
He's not gonna like it.
他最不高兴的一点会是我没有告诉他
And what he's not gonna like most is that I didn't tell him.
然后我们就会大吵一架
And we're gonna get into this big argument,
而我觉得他今天要担心的事情已经够多了
and I'm thinking he has enough stuff to worry about today.
任何事都没有你
He doesn't worry about anything
来得让他担心
as much as he worries about you.
我都不知道该怎么跟他开口
I wouldn't even know where to begin.
告诉他原原本本的事实就行了
Just...start with the unvarnished truth.
通常那样对他是最有效的
That's usually what works best with him.
你可以的
You got this.
谢谢
Thanks.
我在最高法♥院♥的人说
My contact at the Supreme Court says
他们不太可能受理上诉
they're not likely to hear the appeal.
因为这是一个烫手的政♥治♥山芋
That's 'cause it's a political hot potato.
没错
Yep.
你去哪
Where you going?
数百人死亡 还有数百人失踪
Hundreds are dead, and hundreds more remain missing
海啸后上千人不知所踪
哈巴罗州长恳请美国支援
死亡人数在不断上升
as the death toll continues to climb,
几小时前 灾难性的海啸袭击了这座领土岛屿
hours after a devastating tsunami hit the island territory...
首席大♥法♥官找您
I have the chief justice for you.
-接过来 -不 先生 他亲自来了
- I'll take it. - No, sir, he's here.
请他进来
Send him in.
彼得 你怎么来了 很高兴见到你
Peter, what a surprise. Good to see you.
我恐怕我不是来谈交情的 总统先生
I'm afraid it's not a social call, Mr. President.
您今天没有来帕特南法官的悼念仪式
We missed you at Judge Putnam's memorial today.
很不幸 手头事务太多了 腾不出空来
Unfortunately, there was too much work here to get away.
我很高兴艾米丽代表您出席了
I'm glad Emily was able to make it in your stead.
但我很不高兴她利用这个场合
I'm not glad she took the occasion
来试图影响我们的进程
to try to influence our calendar.
什么
Excuse me?
您的执行令
Your executive order,
被低级法♥院♥禁止了的那个
which has been enjoined by the lower courts.
白宫想让我们受理这个案子
The White House wants us to hear the case.
是的
That's correct.
而您觉得让您的幕僚长来对我施压
And you think it's appropriate for your chief of staff
是合适的吗
to corner me about it?
当然不合适
Of course not.
很好 因为我应该不需要教总统
Good, because I should hardly have to lecture the President
三权分立是什么吧
about separation of powers.
她这么做不是我要求的
She didn't do this at my request.
我很难相信
I find that hard to believe.
但是 我为她的行为承担全部责任
However, I accept full responsibility for her actions.
话虽如此 她有讨论实质内容吗
Having said that, did she discuss substance?
没有
No.
但在最高法♥院♥ 程序就是实质内容
But at the Supreme Court, procedure is substance.
单单是受理一个案子
You influence the outcome of a case
就能影响这个案子的结果
by merely getting it on the calendar.
这是单方面的沟通
It was - an ex parte communication,
您应该解雇她
and you should fire her.
该死
Damn it.
让艾米丽·罗迪斯马上过来
Get me Emily Rhodes now.
艾米丽 首席大♥法♥官
Emily, how many times
来过几次白宫
has the chief justice visited the White House?
没来过 总统先生
Never, sir.
没错 跟我不去他办公室的原因是一样的
Right, for the same reasons that I don't visit his chambers,
因为那样会显得不合适
because of the appearance of impropriety.
我不是试图 我没有
I wasn't try to -- I didn't...
我们面前的门就快关上了 总统先生
The walls are closing in on us, sir.
国会领袖在搞阴谋 人♥民♥在死去
Leadership is conspiring. People are dying.
-赛斯失踪了 -艾米丽 我能理解
- Seth is missing. - Emily, I understand,
但我在面对一场可能的宪♥政♥危机
but I'm facing a potential constitutional crisis
就因为那些指控
because of these pending charges.
我承受不起第二场了
I cannot afford another one
就因为你想干预司法
because you want to influence the judiciary.
-是 总统先生 -最高法♥院♥驳回了我们的申诉
- Yes, sir. - The Supreme Court denied our petition.
司法这条路走不通了
Our judicial option is gone.
我本就没指望他们趟这场政♥治♥危机的浑水
Well, I didn't expect them to wade into this political crisis.
我们还有什么方式可以把援助送到陶拉西
What other options do we have to get this aid to Taurasi?
只剩一个选择了
There's only one left --
单边行使总统特权
a unilateral exercise of presidential authority.
无需顾及国会和法♥院♥
In defiance of Congress and the courts.
走这条路
You go that route,
就不用担心刑事诉讼了
you don't have to worry about criminal charges.
那你就需要担心弹劾了
You'll have to worry about impeachment.
我自作主张给我们点了一瓶酒
I took the liberty - of ordering us a bottle of wine.
我猜你喜欢波尔多
I assume you like Bordeaux.
有人给我买♥♥单的话 当然喜欢
When my billings are up, sure.
我最近特别忙 韦斯特先生
I'm a busy man these days, Mr. West.
我就有话直说了
Let me get right to the point.
我想聘请你做高级顾问
I would like to hire you as a senior adviser.
为了竞选总统吗
For your presidential campaign?
是的
Yes.
你是个人才 我需要人才
You are an asset, and I need assets.
非常感谢 先生
Why, that's very kind, sir,
但是我做自♥由♥职业非常开心
but I'm quite happy in private practice.
你肯定很开心
Oh, I have no doubt you are happy.
但是 不论如何
But, one way or another,
很快风水就要变了
there is going to be a changing of the guard soon,
可能会影响你的客户
which might affect your clientele.
先生 我们谈的重点是什么
Sir, what are we talking about here?
我们的重点是
We're talking about establishing
建立一个互利共赢的关系
a mutually beneficial relationship.
司法部委派你调查我
The A.G. appointed you to look into me,
结果 你发现了
and instead, you found misconduct
总统的行为不端
on the part of the President.
你知道我把这个叫什么吗
Do you know what I call that?
不知道
No.
灵活变通
Flexibility.
先生 我不是想变通
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表