剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
and the police around the city.
你的会议代表完全可以放心
Your delegate has nothing to worry about.
是的 先生 这是当然
Yes, sir, of course.
我明白的
I understand.
谢谢 再见
Thank you. Goodbye.
我为夏洛特·索恩感到遗憾
I'm sorry about Charlotte Thorn.
我真的挺喜欢她的
I really liked her.
我也是
Me, too.
你母亲的案子决定好请哪位律师吗
Have you made a decision about a lawyer for your mother?
麦金利和布拉德肖怎么样
What about McKinley and Bradshaw?
他们挺厉害的
They're a great firm.
他们处理白领犯罪的案子没有以前好 但是
Their white-collar practice isn't as big as it used to be, but...
达文波特和威廉姆斯呢
Davenport and Williams?
他们帮唐宁参议员打赢了官司
They got a full acquittal for Senator Downing.
不过那地方是共和党的势力范围
But that place is a Republican stronghold.
艾利克斯 这些公♥司♥都能胜任这个案子
Alex, any one of these firms will do a great job.
但你知道我的建议人选是谁
But you know my recommendation.
肯德拉·戴恩斯
Kendra Daynes.
除了目前这些公♥司♥ 她是最厉害的律师
Present company excluded, she's the best lawyer I know.
加之她手上握有的资源
With the added benefit that she's easy to find.
她之前处理汉娜调查的手法...
The way she handled Hannah's investigation --
就是... 把我给惹毛了
it just -- it rubbed me the wrong way.
不是你跟我说过吗
Wasn't it you who once told me
这才是一位好的律师应该做的
that that's what a good lawyer's supposed to do --
把客户惹毛吗
rub you the wrong way?
这样你才知道他们在认真干活
That's how you know they're doing their job?
先生 受害者权利律师艾丽斯·罗兰德来了
Sir, victims' rights advocate Alice Roland is here.
知道了谢谢
Thank you.
艾利克斯 拜托了
Alex, please.
打给她吧
Just call her.
大家请坐
Everybody please, sit.
总统先生
Mr. President.
艾丽斯 很高兴再见到你
Alice, it's nice to see you again.
我们很荣幸能与您再见面 先生
We appreciate your meeting with us again, sir.
但我所代表的群众...
But the people that I represent --
我知道
I know.
他们要实际行动 而不是空话
They want action, not just words.
他们只是想要回自己的钱
What they want is their money back.
我作为他们的代表律师
And as long as I'm their advocate,
在拿到钱之前决不罢休
I don't intend to rest until I get it.
我想让大家知道你的愿望
And I share your desire,
所以才会在过去四个月内
which is why I've met with all of you
跟你们全部人见了三次面
three times over the last four months.
见了三次 是因为我们没有取得任何进展
Three times, because we're not making any progress.
也许你不相信
It might not seem like it to you,
但我向你保证 我们有进展
but I promise you, we are making progress.
不够快啊 先生
Not fast enough, sir.
被巴顿·库欣扳倒的阔佬们还能活
The fat cats that got screwed by Barton Cushing will survive.
但国家退休金的受益人
But the beneficiaries of the compromised state pension funds --
亟需这些钱来生活
they need this money to live.
他们是老师 消防员 秘书
They're teachers, firefighters, secretaries --
美国的顶梁柱
The backbone of America.
我想让他们都得到救济
And I am trying to get relief for all of them.
想跟做是两码事
Trying is not the same as getting.
很抱歉 总统先生
I'm sorry, Mr. President.
这些人不想等到75岁才退休
These people don't want to work until they're 75.
他们希望可以去度个假
They want to be able to take a vacation,
支付自己的医疗保健
pay for their healthcare,
安度晚年
enjoy their golden years.
我知道你很沮丧 我也是
I know you're frustrated. I am, too.
但你要相信我
But I need you to trust me.
我们比你想象中要更接近这个目标了
And we are closer than you think.
万圣节快到了
So Halloween's just around the corner.
你知道我不喜欢什么吗
You know what I don't like?
-糖果吗 -恶作剧
- Candy? - Tricks.
不过我还挺喜欢糖果的
I do like treats, though.
有件好事 总统的司法提名候选人
And a great treat would be confirmation of
要确定下来了
the President's slate of judicial nominees.
我帮你和司法委员会的克兰茨参议员的会议
I laid the groundwork for your meeting
打好了基础铺好了路
with Senator Krantz from the Judiciary Committee.
-她同意盖章 -不错
- She promised a rubber stamp. - Good.
万圣节要来咯
Hey, Halloween's coming up.
她跟你玩不给糖果就捣蛋的游戏了吗
Did she give you the whole trick or treat spiel?
玩啦 她不喜欢捣蛋
Yes. She doesn't like tricks.
才不 她不喜欢糖果
No, she doesn't like candy.
我喜欢糖果好吧
I like candy fine.
你只喜欢萘可牌糖果 还要粉红色口味
No. Only Necco Wafers. The pink ones.
威利旺卡[巧克力工厂的老板]
Okay, Willy Wonka,
会议准备好了吗
are you ready for your auto exec meeting?
是的 准备好宣传总统的清洁空气行动
Yep. Ready to hawk the President's Clean Air Initiative.
-还有一个问题 -什么
- Only one problem. - What?
-我都不知道自己在干嘛 -你是个高级职员
- I don't know what the hell I'm doing. - You're a senior staffer
需要阐述政策相关问题 因为我们缺人手
pitching in on the policy side because we're short-handed.
别抱怨了
Suck it up.
更像是要我脑袋开花
More like I'm gonna blow.
里拉 你知不知道...
Lyor, did you know that --
如果你还来万圣节那套 我就用斧头把你干掉
If you do the Halloween thing again, i'll murder you with an axe.
我猜我知道他要打扮成谁
Bet I know what he's dressing as.
其实是行尸走肉
Dead man walking, actually,
五分钟内马上就变
which is what we're all gonna be in five minutes.
为什么
Why?
卡森·克雷默
Carson Kramer.
我们得去找总统
We need to find the President.
劳斯参议员 很感谢您参与我们的节目
Senator Rouse, I just want to thank you for joining us.
劳斯参议员反对柯克曼的救助法案
当然了
Of course.
参议员 你最近因"政♥府♥救济"
Senator, you've been highly critical
受到不少非议
of what you term "Government handouts."
那退休金紧急救助法案呢
So, what about the pension bailout bill?
只是另一种救济
Another handout.
总统先生大力支持
But the President's a big proponent.
请继续
Yes.
老实说 我也不太确定为什么
And, um, to be frank, I'm not quite sure why.
我跟他见了面谈论这事
I met with him to discuss it,
他称美国人为...
and he called the American people...
傻瓜
suckers.
抱歉 参议员 他说了什么
Excuse me, Senator. He said what?
他的原话是
His exact words were,
"那我定个条款
"I'll make a stipulation
就说美国人都是傻瓜"
that the American people are suckers."
看来总统才是需要
Wow. It looks like the President's the one
-救助的那个人啊 -是的 卡森
- who may need a bailout. - Yes, Carson.
我听到的时候也很震惊
I was pretty shocked when I heard that myself.
这个不忠 奸诈 满口谎言的...
That disloyal, treacherous, lying --
他没有说谎
He wasn't lying.
先生
Sir?
他辜负了我的信任 他这是断章取义
He betrayed my confidence. He took me out of context.
-但他没有说谎 -这不重要了
- But he wasn't lying. - It doesn't matter.
先生 您有一个非常明确的标签
Sir, you have a very distinct brand.
您是"诚实的汤姆" 人♥民♥公仆
You're Honest Tom. Man of the people.
如果这一形象被毁了
If that's compromised...
里拉说的对 总统先生
Lyor's right, Mr. President.
这影响到您的核心形象 我们没法自圆其说
This goes to your core identity. We can't spin this.
没错 这就像是在对您的
Exactly, 'cause it's a middle finger
价值根基竖中指一样
aimed squarely at your base.
我一般不喜欢夸大其词 先生
And I don't like to traffic in overstatement, sir.
如果这事持续发酵 那将是政♥治♥末日
If this sticks, it's political Armageddon.
总统先生
Mr. President, you have calls
参议院少数党领袖和多数党领袖
from the Senate Minority and Majority Leaders,
众议院议长和少数党领袖都打电♥话♥找您
the House Speaker, and the House Minority Leader.
天启四骑士来临
The Four Horsemen of the apocalypse.
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表