剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
我就要告你们骚扰
and I'll sue you for harassment.
我们就这样被他赶走了
Think we flushed him out?
我想我们很快就会知道了
Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough.
联邦上诉法庭上
14 long-standing vacancies
14个席位长♥期♥空缺
on the federal appellate bench --
这是国家之耻
it's a national embarrassment.
解决这一问题是政♥府♥的首要任务
Addressing that is an administration priority.
我们提名的候选人是中间派
Our slate of candidates is moderate,
是为了实现两党广泛支持而特意挑选的
specifically chosen to achieve broad bipartisan support.
我们意图跨越党派界限
We're reaching across party lines.
-我们希望能回归过去 -为什么不呢
- We wish we could reach back. - Why can't you?
当我们针对法官问题进行初步讨论的时候
When we had preliminary discussions about judges,
总统跟我们的看法完全不同
the President was in a very different position.
他的中间派政策正在积聚力量
His centrist politics were gathering steam.
我们认为他的想法应该被人听到
We thought he was a man who should be listened to.
当然 他是总统
Well, he is. He's the President.
称美国人♥民♥都是傻瓜的总统
Of a country of suckers.
你说真的吗 克兰茨议员
Really, Senator Krantz --
我知道那番言辞如今反响有多糟
I know how that remark played out in my state.
我要是跟随他的指示 结果更是不堪设想
Not as bad as my following his lead now will play.
议员 先把政♥治♥放一边
Senator, put politics aside for a second.
你是一名律师
You're an attorney.
你知道我们名单上的每一个都完全符合条件
You know every name on our list is eminently qualified.
没错 但这些也一样
Yes. But so are these.
联邦上诉法庭候选人
这些人都没有得到柯克曼总统的认可
None of these people have President Kirkman's endorsement.
没错 所以他们都没被"污染"
Exactly. So none of them are toxic.
有想法了告诉我
Let me know what you think.
我想我恨律师
I think I hate lawyers.
我认为给我母亲发传票完全是公诉人故意为难
I think my mother's subpoena is prosecutorial bad face.
你怎么看 夫人
How do you figure, ma'am?
没有任何证据显示她有违反当前法律的行为
There's no evidence of any contemporary wrongdoing.
整个这一出阴谋论把她跟贿赂埃里克·利特尔
A-And this attempt to tie her into some conspiracy
以及他最近的死亡联♥系♥到一起
involving bribery in Eric Little's recent d--
简直太荒谬了
I mean, it's ridiculous.
我同意 但是你要保持情绪稳定
Agreed. But you need to keep emotion out of it.
我们谈论的可是我母亲的事情
We're talking about my mother --
我理解
I understand.
但是约翰·法索是前美国总检察官
But John Foerstel is a former U.S. Attorney.
他会利用你的过激♥情♥绪对付你
He will use your emotion against you.
作为我们隐瞒了什么事情的证据
As proof that we're trying to hide something.
没错
Yes.
这也就是为什么我喜欢保持冷静客观
Which is why I'd like to be clinical.
按章循矩 处事不惊
Sticking to the four corners of the document
是我们成功取消传票的最大希望
is our best hope of quashing the subpoena.
我得确保我的家人是被保护的
I need to know my family is protected.
可从你这边我没有明确的感受到
And I just haven't seen enough evidence from you
你是真的懂我的意思了
that you really understand that.
我懂的 夫人
I do, ma'am.
而且我已经为11个
And I've represented 11 senators
被刑事侦查的议员辩护过
who have been targets of a criminal investigation.
没有一个人被起诉
Not a single one was indicted.
我经验丰富
I'm experienced.
而且十分优秀
And I'm good.
你需要我怎么做
What do you need from me?
信任我就好
Just your trust.
让我发挥我的才能吧
Let me do what I do.
我会及时向你汇报一切的
And I'll keep you posted.
- 阿兰 -总统先生
- Alan. - Mr. President.
我刚还在跟里拉和艾米丽说
I was just explaining to Lyor and Emily
我们两个是怎么成为朋友的
how we are friends.
那我要实话实话
And I have to be honest.
朋友之间 可别对其中一个人说的
When among friends, there is an expectation
"给我留些隐私吧"抱有期望
that what one says remains private.
-我很抱歉如果我有违你的期望 -确实如此
- I'm sorry if I violated that expectation. - Well, you did.
我需要你立马澄清之前的言论
And I need you to set the record straight.
我很抱歉 总统先生 我没撒谎
Well, I'm sorry, sir. I didn't lie.
所以我无法撤回我说的话
So I can't issue a retraction.
我没有要求你撤回
I'm not asking you to.
我只需要你说出那次谈话的完整内容
I just want you to provide the full context of our discussion.
情况就是 我请求你在我认为对
Which was me asking you to sign on to a bill
一般美国大众而言有益的法案上签字同意
that I thought would be helpful to the average American.
就是那段你描绘总统
An overture you portrayed
蔑视美国民众的言论的前言
as the President's contempt for average Americans.
阿兰 我知道你不这么认为
Alan, I know you don't believe that,
但我也不能让美国人♥民♥这么认为
but I can't have the American people believing that, either.
我很抱歉 总统先生 我帮不了你
I'm sorry, sir, I-I can't help you.
你或许需要重新考虑考虑 议员
You may wish to reconsider that position, Senator.
不 罗迪斯女士 我想没这个必要
No, Ms. Rhodes, I don't think so.
你说你不是一个政♥治♥家
You say you're not a politician,
然而你强迫我在法案上签字
then you coerce me into backing a bill
寻求你的支持怎么会是强迫
Asking you for your support is hardly coercion!
已经被我们当否决
you know is anathema to my party.
如果是总统提出的 那就是
It is if the person asking is the President, sir.
但更重要的是
But more to the point,
我要对我的选民负责
I have an obligation I owe to my constituents.
其中就包括不要歪曲
Which should include an obligation
总统言论的责任
not to misrepresent the President's words.
我的话没有问题
I stood up to those words.
我的办公室今天接到了1500通电♥话♥
My office received over 1,500 calls today
感谢我说出了实情
thanking me for that.
我不能为你辩护 总统先生
I cannot defend you, sir.
议员先生 我没有要求你为我辩护
Senator, I'm not asking you for your defense.
我只要求你说出真实情况
I'm asking you for your honesty.
你把我描绘成了人♥民♥的敌人
You're out there portraying me as an enemy of the people.
这事不能再发生了
That stops now!
恕我直言 总统先生
With respect, sir,
如果你不想成为人♥民♥的敌人
if you don't want to be the people's enemy,
那你谈论到他们的时候
you need to start talking about them
就需要把他们当做朋友来看待
as if they were your friends.
不用送了
I'll see myself out.
谁能想到呢
Well, who would have thought it?
朴素的汤姆·柯克曼 竟然是个伪君子
Homespun Tom Kirkman -- an elitist snob.
柯克曼政♥府♥陷入危机
他说错话已经不止一次了
Well, he didn't just put his foot in his mouth on this one.
简直是大错特错
He put his whole leg.
现在谁是衰人 总统先生
Who's the sucker now, Mr. President?
我们现在已经看到了这件事的影响
And we're already seeing the fallout from --
好了
Yeah.
在过去的八个小时里
So, in the last eight hours,
我们失去了国会
we've lost Congressional support
对联邦法庭席位候选人的支持
for our judicial slate.
你的养老金紧急救助法案 快要完蛋了
Your pension-bailout bill -- that's gone belly up.
而G20峰会上的唯一的话题是
And the only topic of conversation at the G-20 conference
美国的谋杀率
is the murder rate in America.
媒体那边报道了什么
What's the press coverage?
《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》和《华尔街日报》
The Post and the Journal have hit out
报道了”傻瓜门"
at you over Suckergate.
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》写了一个专栏
The Times is running an op-ed
批评政♥府♥没有控制住军♥火♥商
on the Administration's failure to rein in arms dealers.
这简直是完美风暴 总统先生
We're looking at a perfect storm, sir.
所以我们要采取紧急行动
So, we have to take emergency action.
找到杀害索恩的凶手 这是其中一部分
Finding Thorn's killer -- that's part of the solution.
另一部分是平息”傻瓜门"事件
The other part is cauterizing Suckergate.
我明白这事对我们影响很大
Look, I understand we've taken a hit for this thing --
不不不 先生 不仅如此
No, no, sir. It's much more than that.
这件事让你成了众矢之的
This thing, it's made you radioactive.
-而且蔓延的结果只会越来越糟 -好吧
- And the fallout's just gonna get worse. - Fine.
你有什么建议
What do you suggest?
对劳斯议员的丑闻调查
Oppo research on Senator Rouse.
这是招杀手锏[子弹]
It's a silver bullet.
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表