剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
我有朋友在老行政大楼工作
My friend who works over at the OEOB
说内阁整个早上都在跟
says the Cabinet's been meeting
达尔比副总统开会
with Vice President Darby all morning.
这没道理啊
That doesn't make sense.
近期没有什么事件需要
There's no pending issue that would require
整个内阁聚...
the entire Cabinet to get --
心理治疗录音加深民众对总统精神状况的质疑
我的天
Oh, my God.
不要挡路
Get out of my way.
让开
Move it!
我们得立刻去见总统
We need to see the President right now.
-什么 为什么 -副总统在会见内阁
- What? Why? - The VP's meeting with the Cabinet.
-哪些人 -所有人 让开
- Which members? - All of them! Move out of my way!
-发生什么了 -政♥变♥ 总统先生
- What's going on? - A coup, sir.
您得找副总统谈谈 现在就找
You need to speak with the Vice President. Right now.
给我接副总统 谢谢
Get me the Vice President, please.
什么叫内阁投票决定将我解职
What do you mean the Cabinet voted to have me removed?
是内阁多数 总统先生
The majority of the Cabinet, sir.
他们援引了第二十五修正案第四部分
They're invoking the 25th Amendment, Section IV.
根据该款 总统是可以被解职的 如果他有
Which allows the President to be ousted on the basis of --
精神问题 我知道
Mental incapacity, I know.
你们有什么证据呢
What evidence do you have of this?
就凭从心理医生那里非法获取的几份录音
Some illegally obtained recordings from my therapist,
这本来就不该被任何人听到
which no one should've heard?
但我们已经听到了 总统先生
But we have heard them, sir.
这让他们对您自妻子去世后所做的决策
And they raise justifiable concerns
引发了合理的疑虑
about your decision-making since your wife's death.
我的决策
My decision-making?
是我记错了吗 当时在指挥中心
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were standing
你就站在我身边
right next to me in Command Ops
你说我派海军海豹突击队
when you said my decision to send the Navy SEALs
去库纳米的决定是正确的
into Kunami was the right one!
简直荒谬
This is ridiculous!
我们起草了一份声明递交国会
We have drafted a letter to Congress.
递交之后 您就会被解除职务
Upon its delivery, you will be removed from office.
-然后你就成了总统 -是的 总统先生
- And then you will become president. - Yes, sir.
那我们为什么还要在这儿谈话
Then why in the hell are we even having this discussion?
-声明你还没有签字吧 女士 -没有
- You haven't signed the letter yet, have you, ma'am? - No.
而内阁的投票结果在你签字之前都不会生效
And the Cabinet's vote remains unratified until you do.
是的 我想先跟你谈谈再说
Yes. I wanted to speak to you first.
你要谈就在召集内阁之前来找我谈
The time to speak to me was before the Cabinet convened.
你知道得很清楚
And you damn well know it.
我不能那么做 流程必须秘密进行
I could not do that, sir. The process demands secrecy.
开始之后的确是 但在那之前你可以
Once it's in motion, yes. But not before.
你 我的副总统
You, my vice president,
有大把机会在策动这场破事之前
had every opportunity to express her concerns to me
来向我表达她的疑虑
before you orchestrated this crap.
我能理解您的愤怒
I understand that you're upset.
-是吗 -是的 总统先生 我理解
- You do, do you? - Yes, sir. I do.
平心而论 我认为您
And in all fairness, I think you deserve
应该得到证明
the opportunity to present your case
自己称职的机会
as to why you should be retained.
如果您选择不接受
If you choose not to do so...
那我就会按计划进行下一步
I will proceed as planned.
仔细告诉我
Explain to me exactly
这个机会包括什么
what does this opportunity entail?
这个问题有人能比我解释得更清楚
There is someone who can explain it better than I can.
柯克曼总统资质存疑
总统先生
Mr. President.
伊森·韦斯特
Ethan West.
我想见您很久了
I've been looking forward to meeting you for a very long time.
听证会
A hearing?
这事没有具体规定
There's no blueprint for this,
我们不如就称其为保密质询吧
so let's call it a confidential inquiry
内阁成员会询问相关事实
where the Cabinet elicits facts relevant
以便更好地执行他们的二十五修正案计划
to a fuller understanding of their 25th Amendment mission.
总统先生 我们是想给您一个
The idea here, sir, is to give you an opportunity
自我辩护的机会 让我们能做出正确的决定
to explain yourself so we can make the right decision.
而内阁请我来
And the Cabinet has asked me to...
协助他们完成事实探究
facilitate their fact-finding mission.
也就是说你是检察官
Meaning, you're the prosecutor.
这说话有点配不上他
That's a bit pejorative.
韦斯特先生曾任最高法♥院♥书♥记♥员
Mr. West is a former Supreme Court Clerk,
联邦检察官 首席政♥府♥律师[司法部四把手]
U.S. Attorney, Solicitor General,
而且是法律学教授
and law professor.
他现在是韦斯特法里斯律师事务所的管理合伙人
He's currently the managing partner of West and Farris,
那是华盛顿最负盛名的律所
the most prestigious legal boutique in the city.
而且他公正的名声
And his reputation for impartiality
也毋庸置疑
is unquestioned.
我不过是法律的信使 仅此而已
I'm merely an instrument of justice. Nothing more.
那这个"公正的事实探究”有什么规则呢
So what rules govern this impartial fact-finding mission?
很简单
It's simple.
白宫提供证人和文件
The White House produces witnesses and documents.
而总统先生 您回答我的问题
And you, sir-- You answer my questions.
总统先生需要考虑一下是否参与
The President will need some time consider his involvement.
当然可以
Oh, absolutely.
如果我选择不参与呢
And if I choose not to participate?
那我就签署内阁的声明 然后递交给国会
Then I sign the Cabinet's letter and send it to Congress.
那这里就不再是您的办公室了
And you no longer work in this office.
那会很可惜的
Which would be a shame.
我还挺喜欢您对它做的改变的
Because I love what you've done with it.
联邦风格 带有一丝佐治亚气息
Federal-era modern with a Georgian flair.
总统先生 您介意
Oh, sir, you wouldn't mind
我在坚毅桌上坐一下吗
if I sat at the Resolute Desk, would you?
不然下次吧
Oh, maybe another time.
那么
Well...
这是一场审判 总统先生
it's an inquisition, sir.
是用来粉饰一场政♥变♥的假象
It's a setup to varnish a coup.
韦斯特从没输过 总统先生
West has never lost a case, sir.
他是我们最不想与之对质的人
He's the last person we want to face off against.
我同意
I agree.
如果你们谁有任何好主意
If any of you have any bright ideas,
我洗耳恭听
I'm all ears.
既然如此 我建议
Then I suggest we make the most
尽力抓住眼前的机会
of the opportunity in front of us.
肯德拉 让对方让步 让得越多越好
Kendra, I want as many concessions as you can get.
我不指望公平对峙
I'm not expecting an even playing field,
如果我们不是盲目上阵 情况会好很多
but it would be nice if we weren't running straight uphill.
是 总统先生
Yes, sir.
你们要求调取的文件最早都可以追溯到
These document requests go all the way back
柯克曼宣誓就职的时候了
to Kirkman's swearing in.
全面一点总没错
I believe in thoroughness.
还有人员摸底调查 是吗
And fishing expeditions, right?
你的证人名单包括了白宫所有高级职员
Your witness list includes every senior staff member.
只需要他们腾出时间 我不一定会都传唤
I just want them made available. I may not call them all.
你真的觉得总统会让他的心理医生出席
You actually expect the President to produce his therapist?
你说得好像这有多奇妙似的
You make it sound like a magic trick.
医患保密协议
Doctor-patient privilege.
我有必要解释一下 这不是什么法律诉讼
Let me explain something. This is not a legal proceeding.
常规规则并不适用
The normal rules don't apply.
国会授权我制定调查指导
I've been authorized to set guidelines.
而我决定不设任何指导
I've decided there are no guidelines.
因为我不希望寻求真♥相♥的过程受到阻碍
Because I don't want to hinder our search for the truth.
总统能作陈述吗
Can the President put on a case?
他可以交叉问询我的证人
He can cross-examine my witnesses.
我们能传唤反驳证人吗
Can we call in rebuttal witnesses?
这样只会阻碍进程
They'll only obscure the proceeding's mission.
没事
That's fine.
你只需要知道 如果总统下台了
Just know that if the President's removed,
我们就公开说你操纵听证会
we'll go public about your rigged hearing,
也就会让达尔比的政♥府♥非法化
which will de-legitimize Darby's administration.
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表