剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
Their leader, Lacey Cousins,
想见总统
wants an audience with the President.
见了讨论什么
To discuss what?
-她不肯说 -她在开玩笑吗
- She wouldn't say. - Is this a joke?
你不可能靠在白宫静♥坐♥
You don't get to sit down at the White House
就能得到和自♥由♥世界领袖会面的机会
and demand a meeting with the leader of the free world.
如果CNN已经开始追踪报道了就有可能
You do if CNN's already picked up the story.
老天 我恨死自♥由♥媒体了
God, I hate a free press.
这种恨可是双向的
Yeah, that feeling's mutual.
好吧 我去跟卡曾斯女士谈
Okay, um, I'll sit down with Ms. Cousins.
好 这样我至少还能说
Okay, good. That way, at least I can say
她跟白宫高级职员会面过了
that she had an audience with senior staff.
不 这样还不够
No, not good enough.
抱歉 你最近看到里拉了吗
I'm sorry. Have you, uh, have you see Lyor?
他身高178 蓝眼睛 头一直低着
He's like 5'10", blue eyes, definitely dropped on his head.
是为了公众形象 赛斯
It's optics, Seth.
眼下 那段监狱监控录像
Right now, this prison video depicts the President
显得总统残暴无情对吧
as heartless and heavy-handed, right?
在此时与遭受压♥迫♥多年的少数群体会面
What better counterpoint than a meeting
没有比这更好的回应了
with an historically oppressed minority,
会显得他很心平气和 仁慈 深思熟虑
one that makes him look calm, humane, thoughtful.
很有总统范
Presidential.
我们当然也可以让
Or we can just let everybody run the video
欧奇乐部落被逮捕的视频传遍网络 恶性循环
of the Ocheole getting arrested, you know, on a loop.
那简直可以跟
This would be a nice companion piece
总统痛斥囚犯的视频相得益彰了
to the President berating a prisoner.
早上好
Good morning.
加里 很高兴见到你
Gary. Good to see you.
非常感谢你能来
Thank you so much for coming.
我也很高兴见到您 总统先生
It's good to see you, too, Mr. President.
吉尔 有你来当艾丽克斯基金的受托人
Jill, having you as a trustee for Alex's foundation
对她而言意义重大 非常感谢
would have meant the world to her. Thank you so much.
汤姆 见到你真好
Tom, it's good to see you.
他们跟我说你会晚点到
I was told you were gonna be delayed.
我重新安排了一下工作
I shuffled a few work things,
从城里坐早班机过来的
caught an early flight from the city.
孩子们怎么样
How're the kids?
他们已经在尽力适应了
They're doing the best they can.
抱歉我们在艾丽克斯的葬礼上没说上话
Sorry we didn't get to talk at Alex's funeral,
但我很荣幸能当她基金的受托人
but I'm honored to be a trustee of her foundation.
是啊
Right.
肯德拉 这是我弟弟特雷
Kendra, this is my brother, Trey.
肯德拉是白宫法律顾问
Kendra's the White House's Counsel.
很荣幸认识您
Of course. It's a pleasure.
我也是
Same.
能让我们单独谈谈吗
If you could give us a moment.
律师委托人保密协议 我懂
Attorney-client privilege -- I know all about it.
我把代理权交给你
I give you my proxy.
事情处理完了告诉我
Let me know when this is wrapped up.
是 总统先生
Yes, sir.
有多少人参与静♥坐♥
How many people are involved in this sit-in?
大约三十
Approximately 30.
她叫卡曾斯
And her name is Cousins?
卡曾斯小姐
Ms. Cousins.
谢谢
Thank you.
卡曾斯小姐
Ms. Cousins.
总统先生
Mr. President.
你需要知道 我不太喜欢
You should know that I'm not in the habit
接见那些做出妨碍他人的行为的人
of giving audiences to people who engage in obstructive behavior,
尤其是在这栋楼里
especially here in this building.
我知道 总统先生
Yes, sir.
但我也很清楚
But I am more than aware of the fact
这个国家对待它的原住民们
that this nation at times has treated
时常非常苛刻
its indigenous peoples very, very harshly.
所以我想听听你想说什么
So I would like to hear what you have to say.
请坐
Please, sit.
谢谢总统先生 我会长话短说
Thank you, sir. I'll be brief.
十♥八♥年♥前 欧奇乐人♥民♥
18 years ago, the Ocheole people
居住的土地被征用了
were the victims of eminent domain
用于进行商业开♥发♥
to make way for a commercial development.
我们被迫离开家园
We were removed from our homes
龟缩在一小块土地上
and forced onto a small plot of land.
我对此深表遗憾
I'm very sorry to hear that.
现在我们又要被驱逐了
Now we're being evicted again.
开♥发♥商所谓的"第二阶段"
Phase Two, the developer calls it.
我们的部落很小
We're a small tribe.
每一次迁移都在破坏我们和我们的土地
And each relocation severs our connection
以及彼此之间的纽带
to our land and each other.
女士 土地征用是地方事务
Ma'am, eminent domain is a local matter.
艾米丽恐怕是对的
I'm afraid Emily's right.
尽管你的申诉很打动我
Regardless of how moved I may be by your complaint,
但这不在联邦政♥府♥的管辖范畴
this is not a matter for the federal government.
的确不在 先生
No, sir.
但这事跟你有关
But it involves you.
抱歉 什么意思
I-I'm sorry, I don't follow.
那个开♥发♥项目 是万纳乔比项目
The development - was the Wannachobee project,
就在彭萨科拉城外
outside Pensacola.
开♥发♥商从州外请了一位
The developer went out of state to hire someone
专攻复杂用地问题的专家
who specialized in complicated land-use issues.
-万纳乔比 -是的
- Wannachobee? - Yes.
他们找来了一位年轻的建筑师
They tapped a young architect who fiercely advocated
他强烈建议把我们的土地转为商用
for the conversion of our land for commercial use.
你是说这一切都是我造成的
You're saying I did this to you?
是的 总统先生
Yes, sir.
如果您这次再不帮我们
And if you don't help us now,
我们的部落就要永远消失了
our tribe is going to vanish forever.
总统先生
Mr. President.
比利
Billy!
见到你太好了
Great to see you.
非常感谢你能来
Thank you very much for coming.
当然了 总统先生
Of course, Mr. President!
这位是我的幕僚长 艾米丽·罗迪斯
This is my Chief of Staff, Emily Rhodes.
比利是我自己开建筑公♥司♥之后雇的第一个人
Billy was my first hire at my architecture firm.
万纳乔比项目就是他替我负责的
He ran point for me on the Wannachobee project.
请坐
Please.
我听说过很多关于你的事 温顿先生
I've heard a lot about you, Mr. Winton.
叫我比利就好
Billy.
我也可以跟你讲讲你老板的黑历史
I could tell you stories about your boss.
每天工作18小时
18-hour days,
靠嚼咖啡豆保持清醒
chewing coffee beans to stay awake.
那是因为我们俩都不知道
That's because neither one of us could figure out
怎么用咖啡机
how to work the coffee machine.
比利来为我工作的时候二十三岁
Billy was 23 when I hired him.
看起来就像十二岁一样
Looked like he was 12.
-你这一路不容易 -名♥师♥出高徒
- Well, you've come a long way. - I learned from the best.
我起草这个的时候显然不是在最佳状态
Well, I clearly wasn't at my best when I drew this up.
你有什么发现
What have you found out?
我重看了所有当时的文件
I've been through all the old papers.
欧奇乐部落并没有被联邦政♥府♥承认
The Ocheole were not a federally recognized tribe.
我们拆迁的1400户人家里
Of the 1,400 families that we relocated,
只有几百户是欧奇乐部落的
barely a few hundred identified as Ocheole.
当时土地征用的时候
And they weren't raising much of a stink
他们也没弄出什么大动静
at the time of the eminent domain.
我不记得这个项目有任何反对的声音
I don't remember any opposition to the project.
如果我早知道这事 我一定不会这样做
I mean, if I'd known about this, I would not have done it.
当然
Of course not.
他们的抗♥议♥太不成组织了
There wasn't much organized opposition to your plan.
也许是因为我们设法说服了国家
That's probably because we managed to convince the county
以高于市场价格来补偿人们的住房♥
to compensate people for their homes above market value.
万纳乔比近年来发展迅猛
Wannachobee's thriving.
它已经成为这个国家
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表