剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
Only one month after announcing his candidacy for election,
在宣布竞选总统仅一个月后 汤姆·柯克曼总统
President Tom Kirkman needed a home run at his State of the Union.
就需要在他的国情咨文中全胜出击
Instead, he struck out
相反 他被三振出局
and hit himself in the head with his own bat.
搬起石头砸了自己的脚
Last night's State of the Union
昨晚的国情咨文无疑
was an irrefutable disaster,
是一场无可辩驳的灾难
and heading into the campaign season,
随着竞选季的临近 这是否
could it put the kibosh on
会让总统汤姆·柯克曼
President Tom Kirkman's chances for election?
的竞选机会化为泡影
Coming up next to give his answer to that question,
接下来是共和党总统候选人
presumptive Republican nominee Cornelius Moss...
科尼利厄斯·莫斯对这个问题的回答
Seth, we need to change the narrative.
赛斯 我们要改变这种说法
Uh, yeah! I have some ideas to run by Mark.
啊 对 我有一些想法要从马克那儿过一下
Don't bother. But he's my boss.
不必麻烦 但他是我的上司
The communications director is no longer in the employ of the US government.
联络官已不再受雇于美国政♥府♥
Oh, my God, you fired him.
天啊 你炒了他
Chiefs of Staff sometimes have to do that, Seth.
参谋长们有时必须这么做 赛斯
Yeah, of course, I wasn't implying that...
当然 我不是这个意思
The news media needs a new story.
新闻媒体需要新的故事
Steer them on to the infrastructure vote coming up.
引导他们参与即将到来的基础设施投票
I don't think that's gonna be enough to distract the press from last night.
我认为这不足以分散媒体对昨晚事情的注意力
They're like a dog with a bone.
他们就像得到骨头的狗
You know how to get a bone away from a dog, don't you?
你知道怎样从狗嘴里夺骨头 不是吗
I really hope you're not gonna say, "Shoot the dog."
我真希望你不要说 射死那条狗
We're in the barrel here.
要强我们所难了
Yeah, that's another phrase that's always confused me.
对 这是另一个让我困惑的短语
People say it all the time around here--
这里的人都这么说
In the barrel of a gun pointed at you.
在枪指着你的情况下做事
Yeah, I don't think that's it.
是的 我不这么认为
Seth, change the narrative.
赛斯 换个说法
Or you and Mark can meet up at the public library
或者你和马克可以在公共图书馆碰面
for their resume-writing workshop.
讨论一下你俩的简历该怎么写了
I hear it's very informative.
我听说它信息量很大
...sort of unforced error from happening?
某种非受迫性失误吗
Don't blame the new Chief of Staff Mars Harper.
不要责备新任参谋长玛尔斯·哈珀
He's the consummate Washington insider. Runs a tight ship.
他是华盛顿最内行的人 管理严格
This is all Kirkman, a political novice committing political seppuku--
这都是因为柯克曼 一个政♥治♥新手在做政♥治♥上的切腹自杀
Back to work.
回去工作
Hi. I need five minutes with the president.
嗨 我需要点时间和总统谈谈
Not happening today.
今天不可能
When I was hired, I was told
当我被录用时 有人告诉我
he wanted to make the Office of Social Innovation a priority.
他想把社会创新办公室作为首选考虑
He does. We all do. Who wouldn't?
没错 我们都想 谁不想呢
I have a proposal to repurpose some USAID funding
我有个提议 将美国国际开♥发♥署的部分资金用于
for anti-parasitic drugs in Africa. 50 cents a year per child--
非洲的抗寄生虫药物 每个孩子每年50美分
I wanna update you before the principals' meeting.
我想在主体会议之前告诉你最新消息
I'm talking with him. Thank you, Isabel.
我在和他说话 谢谢你 伊莎贝尔
She doesn't appear to like you very much.
她似乎不太喜欢你
Appearances can be deceiving.
外表可能具有欺骗性
What news from the national security advisor?
来自国♥家♥安♥全♥顾问的什么消息吗
Puerto Rico. The hurricane has near incapacitated the saline industry,
波多黎各 飓风几乎使盐业瘫痪
specifically the production of sodium chloride injection bags.
特别是氯化钠注射袋的生产
That's pretty specific. It could put us in a vulnerable position.
真挺具体 这可能置我们于不利地位
How so? Unexpected military conflict arises,
所以呢 意外的军事冲突发生时
we could be left short-handed.
我们可能会缺人手
We need to find a way to shore up the medical products manufacturing sector.
我们需要找到一种方法来支撑医疗产品制♥造♥业
I'll look into it. All right.
我会过目的 好
Oh, and speaking of medical products,
哦 说到医疗产品
we gotta get that drink that we keep saying we're gonna get.
我们该一起喝杯我们说了很久的酒了
We got to. When's good? How's next January?
我们确实是 什么时候有时间 明年1月怎么样
Book it.
就这个了
The chair of the DNC's in the Roosevelt Room. She'd like a word.
民♥主♥党全国委员会主席在罗斯福厅 她想跟你聊聊
I can't stand that woman.
我受不了那个女人
...don't recall ever throwing any tantrums like that during my--
不要回忆起曾经像那样发脾气在我
Why are there so many goddamn television sets in this goddamn place?
为什么这该死的地方有这么多电视机
Ah. Looking for office space?
啊 在找办公地点吗
I believe this room is spoken for. It's not too late, Mars.
我想这个房♥间有人预定了 现在还不晚 玛尔斯
Too late for what, Meg?
什么还不晚 梅格
It's not too late for him to drop out of the race.
他退出竞选还不算太晚
But we already filled out the statement of candidacy with the FEC,
但我们已经在联邦选举委员会填写了候选人声明
and you know what a pain in the ass those folks can be
你知道从那些人手里把东西要回来
about giving anything back.
是多么让人讨厌
He's gonna siphon votes away from us, which will result in Moss winning,
他会吸走我们的选票 这样莫斯就会赢
which will result in the end of the progressive agenda as we know it.
这将导致我们所知的进步议程的结束
Know what? If you're worried about vote-splitting,
知道吗 如果你担心选票分♥裂♥的话
maybe you guys should be the ones to drop out.
也许你们才应该退出
The Democratic Party? We should drop out?
民♥主♥党吗 我们应该退出吗
I got the president. What do you got?
我有总统 你们有什么
...sitting on your hands doing nothing, being obstructionist,
无所事事 做阻碍者
playing party politics. Both parties!
玩弄党派政♥治♥ 两党都是
Illegitimate! "Illegitimate" is not an argument, sir.
不合法的 不合法 不是理由 先生
If name-calling and petty grievances
如果在这个伟大的会议厅里
are what serve for debate in this great chamber,
谩骂和小题大做是辩论的目的
then Congress truly is in a sorry, sorry state.
那么国会真的处于一个非常非常糟糕的状态
All you wanna do is tear things down. It is shameful.
你们想做的就是把东西拆毁 这是可耻的
The system is broken, and you people broke it.
体制已经崩溃 是你们这些人破坏了它
Well, I really screwed that up, didn't I?
我真的搞砸了 不是吗
You'd think I was Khrushchev at the UN,
你会认为我是联♥合♥国♥的赫鲁晓夫
when the real story should be the Senate
而真正的故事应该是参议院
putting political expedience above doing anything virtuous.
把政♥治♥上的便利置于做任何善事之上
Hell, doing anything at all.
见鬼 什么都可以做
Not to mention what nobody's mentioning,
更不用说没人提的了
is that absolutely everything I said last night was the truth!
我昨晚说的都是真的
Maybe it's not what you said, Mr. President, so much as how you said it.
也许重点不是你说的话 总统先生 而是你怎么说的
Oh, please. So I offended their delicate sensibilities?
哦 拜托 所以我冒犯了他们脆弱的感情吗
These sons of bitches are gonna use this
我知道这些狗♥娘♥养♥的会用这个
to bring down the infrastructure bill, I know it.
来反对基础设施的法案 我知道的
Last check, OLA says that we've got the numbers to pass the bill.
最后核对过 联♥合♥国♥法律厅说我们已经拿到了可以通过法案的号♥码
Was that last check before last night?
是在昨晚的事情之前做的最后核对吗
We need to get the vice president here.
我们得把副总统叫来
She has the ear of the Democratic caucus.
她能有民♥主♥党党团会议的支持
We need her to start whipping support for the vote now.
我们需要她现在就开始为投票争取更多的支持
Yes, sir. This doesn't make sense.
是的 先生 这根本说不通
It's good for their states, their constituents, and they don't care?
这对他们的州和选民有好处 而他们却不在乎吗
It's obvious they don't care about a bridge collapse in North Carolina.
很明显 他们并不关心北卡罗莱纳大桥的倒塌
The bodies are still being pulled out of the rubble.
尸体仍在被从废墟中拖出来
All due respect, Mr. President,
恕我直言 总统先生
I've been in this town a hell of a lot longer than you have,
我在这个圈子里待的时间比你长得多
and if there's one constant to which you can set your watch,
如果有个常数可以让你调节你的表
it's that this, too, shall pass.
那就是 这也会过去
So you're a watch guy, too?
你也是个表男了吗
Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.
在受挫后继续保持运转
It's becoming the story of my life. What else we got?
它正在成为我的故事 我们还得到了什么
Priority number one has got to be tapping a first-rate campaign manager.
首要任务是聘请一流的竞选经理
Did you check the list? I did.
你查过名单了吗 我做了
But I wanna talk to someone who's not on it. Lorraine Zimmer.
但我想找个不在里面的人谈谈 洛林·齐默
She deputied Moss's run.
她代理了莫斯的竞选
So she'd know the playbook on him. Could be invaluable.
这样她就知道他的底细了 可能会很有用
I also hear she's party agnostic. I would like you to set up the meet.
我还听说她是不可知论者 我想请你约个时间见面
Will do, sir.
好的 先生
Now, you need to lobby some senators, so maybe put on a suit.
现在 你需要游说一些参议员 所以也许要穿上西装
Seth? How's Florida?
赛斯 佛罗里达怎么样
It's humid and infuriating. How's DC?
湿气逼人 华盛顿怎么样
Cold and infuriating.
寒气逼人
I bet it is, especially after last night.
我敢打赌 尤其是昨晚之后
Oh, you watched?
哦 你看了吗
Yes, Seth, I watched the president deliver the State of the Union.
是的 赛斯 我看了总统的国情咨文
What'd you think? You mean policywise, or...
你怎么想 你是说政策方面 还是
Emily, what'd you think?
艾米莉 你觉得呢
It was refreshing, actually.
实际上 这让人耳目一新
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表