剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表
And it is human to err.
今天我坐在这里 试图弄清楚
So I find myself sitting here trying to figure out
自己为什么为一份从未争取过的工作
why I'm fighting for a job that I never asked for...
也不想要的工作而奋斗
...that I never wanted.
还为此付出了沉重的代价
One that has cost me dearly.
因为我相信做好总统
But I believe that the Presidency
比任何个人都要重要
is more important than any single person.
所以我才来到这里
So...that's why I'm here.
我为之努力的是
I'm fighting for what I believe
我相信领导集体的完整性
is the integrity of the Presidency...
因为我今天没有听到任何事情
because I have heard absolutely nothing here today
会让这个伟大政♥府♥里的任何人
that would warrant or justify the removal of someone --
因此被罢免
anyone -- from this great office.
就这么简单
It's that simple.
副总统女士 各位内阁成员
Madam Vice President, esteemed members of the Cabinet,
我要失陪一下 我有个预算案需要去签署
I need to excuse myself. I have a budget to sign.
这会是我今天做的唯一一件
Which will be the only Presidential thing
符合总统身份的事
I'll do today.
喂
Yes?
谢谢 让她进来
Thank you, send her in.
副总统女士
Madam Vice President.
总统先生 我来通知您
Mr. President, I came to inform you
内阁已经考虑完毕
that the Cabinet has concluded its deliberations.
我明白 你说吧
I understand. - Let's get this over with.
内阁成员中的大多数认为
The majority - of the Cabinet wishes you to...
您应该继续担任总统
continue in your capacity of President.
我没想到是这个结果
I was not expecting that.
请代我谢过他们给予的机会和支持
Please thank them for this opportunity and their support.
不需赘述
Needless to say,
这段时间时局的确艰难
this has been a difficult time.
已经过去了 总统先生
Well, sir, it's behind you now.
我们都过去了
It's behind all of us.
副总统女士
Madam Vice President...
他们为什么会得出这个结论
what made them come to this decision?
有两个原因
Two things, sir.
你的手下在任何事情上都对您无比忠诚
Your staff's loyalty to you through everything.
忠诚是富有领导力的结果
Loyalty is a consequence of leadership.
而领导力正是胜任总统的试金石
And leadership is - the touchstone of competence.
那第二个原因你
And the second thing?
你
You.
就是你 总统先生
You, sir.
二十个月前汤姆·柯克曼接任总统
The Tom Kirkman who started this job 20 months ago --
内心矛盾但积极进取 能诚实承认错误
ambivalent, aspirational, honest to a fault --
今天他们看到的还是这样的汤姆·柯克曼
is the same Tom Kirkman that they saw today.
您没有一点改变 总统先生
You have not changed one bit, sir.
谢谢你 伊莲娜
Thank you, Ellenor.
谢谢您 总统先生
Thank you, Mr. President.
达尔比总统
总统先生
Mr. President.
恭喜
Congratulations.
平常我都会说声谢谢 今天就罢了
Normally, I'd thank you. But I think I'll take a pass.
这就像被税务稽查以后还要谢谢国税局
That's kind of like thanking the IRS after an audit.
我希望您知道这一切都不是私人恩怨
I just want you to know that there was nothing personal, sir.
恐怕就是私人恩怨 非常私人
I'm afraid it was. - It was as personal as it gets.
你应该知道 今天听证会中我列出的自身缺陷
You should know that the flaws I listed in my testimony,
就我个人来讲 我认为是我的优点
personally, - I consider to be assets.
我和我的前任不一样吗 没错
Am I different - from my predecessors? Yes.
但这不代表我就无法胜任这份工作
But it doesn't mean I can't do this job.
韦斯特先生 你本人正好完美证明了我的观点
The fact is, Mr. West, you proved my point perfectly.
你也面临过困境 与他人不同
You had to face adversity. You're different.
而我认为你是我见过最优秀的律师之一
And I consider you to be one of the best lawyers I've ever seen.
结果却让我吃惊
Truth is, I'm surprised.
我本以为你应该是少数能够
I would've expected you, of all people,
理解这个简单道理的人
to understand that simply being different
和别人不同并不等同于坏
doesn't necessarily equal bad.
不过现在也没关系了 你已经输了
In the end, it doesn't really matter because you lost.
没有 总统先生 我赢了
No, sir. No, I won.
怎么说
How do you figure?
我的任务在于诉请事实
My remit was to elicit facts
让内阁能够做出正确的决定
so the Cabinet can make the right decision.
任务完成
Mission accomplished.
真是方便
How convenient.
活在一个不会输的世界里想必很幸福吧
It must be nice to live in a world where you can't lose.
并不是
No, sir.
很痛苦
It's awful.
再见 总统先生
Goodbye, Mr. President.
她在等您了 先生
She's waiting for you, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你临时赶来
Thank you for getting here on such short notice.
总统先生
Mr. President.
威尔士探员
Agent Wells...
你为国家贡献了巨大力量
you are a dedicated servant to your country.
作出许多个人或专业上的牺牲
You have made sacrifices, both personal and professional,
甚至超越职责所在
that go beyond the call of duty.
我希望你知道这些都不会白费
And I want you to know that that has not gone unnoticed.
谢谢您 总统先生
Thank you, sir.
但今天我在落实责任这件事情上
But today has been an object lesson for me
学到重要的一课
in accountability.
我认为这座大楼里的每个人
And I believe that everybody in this building
都必须为自己的所作所为负责
needs to be accountable for what they do.
是
Yes, sir.
我让亚伦转达给你的指示是
The directive I gave Aaron
收集更多关于安德烈娅·弗罗斯特的线索
was for you to give me more information on Andrea Frost
这样才能正式立案调查
so you could build a proper case.
而你却选择与她当面对质
Instead, you chose to accost her.
当众诋毁她 羞辱她
Defame her. Humiliate her publicly.
总统先生 我可以解释
Sir, may I explain --
不用解释
No, you may not.
你这种不服从命令的行为
Your actions constitute rank insubordination,
我无法接受
which I cannot accept.
换言之 你让我无从选择
In other words, - you've given me no choice.
你不能再继续在这里工作了
You can no longer serve in this administration.
总统先生
Mr. President --
威尔士探员 你被解除职务了
Agent Wells, you've been terminated
即刻生效
effective immediately.
再见
Goodbye.
剧集 | 指定幸存者(2016) | 导航列表