渗进了土壤
from a chemical company nearby,
导致了白血病和很多其他可怕的事情
which caused leukemia and other horrible things.
这个跟那个一样糟糕吗
It's as bad as that?
一样糟糕而且还在恶化
That bad and getting worse.
快乐拖车公园是一个死亡陷阱
Happy Trails Mobile Home Park is a death trap.
受害者们知道此事吗
Any chance our victim knew it?
如果他知道的话 那么他知道的事情
If he did, there's an even better chance
很可能就是他被杀的原因
it's what got him killed.
致癌化工品 有什么收获吗
Toxic chemicals. We got anything?
呃 糟糕透顶 我是说 这其中
Uh, ugly stuff. I mean, one of these
有些东西直到最近才被明令禁止
was outright banned until recently,
这些物质会导致出生缺陷增加和呼吸困难
causing increased birth defects, respiratory problems.
-我们知道这些东西怎么渗进土壤的吗 -暂时还不知道
- We know how it got in the soil? - Uh, not yet.
实际上 老大 我追踪它们的来源 都指向了Zullow化工厂
Actually, boss, I traced 'em all to a Zullow Chemical.
这是个专营杀虫剂的公♥司♥
A company that specializes in pesticides.
总部就在我们的拖车公园12英里之外
Headquarters is about 12 miles away from our trailer park.
而你现在才告诉我们
And you're only telling us this now?
我之前没告诉你是因为
Why I didn't tell you before,
你根本不跟我说话
because you're still not talking to me.
我在跟你说话 McGee
I am talking to you, McGee.
我只是不跟她说话
I'm just not talking to her.
专心点
Focus.
-12英里 -去化工厂还是挺远的
- 12 miles. - Long way for chemicals to travel.
不算很远
Mm, not really.
地下水可以载着污染物到更远的地方
Groundwater can carry them a lot further than that.
Zullow Zullow
Zullow. Zullow.
为什么听起来耳熟
Why-why does that ring a bell?
跟火灾有关
Something about a fire.
-Zullow工业 -他们都有什么工业项目
- "Zullow Industries." - What industry are they in?
这上边没说 但是他们在Sterling有一个仓库
It doesn't say, but they have a warehouse in Sterling.
跟拖车公园在同一个镇子上
Same town as our trailer park bust.
根据新闻上说 他们去年发生了一起重大事故
According to this, they had a major accident last year.
整个厂区都着了火
The whole place caught on fire.
我很好奇他们仓库里都存了什么
I wonder what they were warehousing.
我们去看看
Well, let's find out.
Gibbs 我不确定这会不会那么简单
Gibbs, I'm not sure it's gonna be that simple.
哦 是的 老大
Uh, yeah, boss.
这些公♥司♥不会轻易回答
These companies don't really just offer this information
我们的问题的
'cause we ask.
是啊 而且科技方面也并不是我们的强项
Yeah, and science isn't exactly in our wheelhouse.
我确实喜欢装模作样
I do like a good charade.
这不算什么装模作样 Duck
It's not much of a charade, Duck.
只是让他们放松警惕而已
Just putting 'em at ease.
就是提个醒 先生们
Just a reminder, gentlemen,
Rama先生同意这次会面纯粹是出于礼貌 所以
Mr. Rama's made this time available as a courtesy, so...
哦 Sara 没必要催促我们的客人们
Oh, Sara, no need to rush our guests.
Lance Rama 高级副总裁
Lance Rama, Senior V.P.
哦 我是Donald Mallard
Uh, Donald Mallard.
-这位是Gibbs探员 -嗨
- And this is Agent Gibbs. - Hey.
我只是个开车的
I'm just the guy driving the car.
他才是这里说了算的
He's here to say all the big words.
我们大部分内部律师的工作也是开车
That's pretty much our in-house attorney's job, too.
哦 真的吗 我们比试比试啊
Oh, yeah? Let them duke it out.
你和我 我们得去喝一杯
You and me, we'll go have a beer.
这正合我意
Now you're talking.
所以我们在打什么哑谜呢
What are we "duking out," exactly?
没打什么哑谜
No duking necessary.
只是想问几个关于去年
Just a few questions about your warehouse
发生在你们Sterling仓库火灾的
in Sterling, which was the apparent scene
几个问题
of a fire last year.
不知道你们能不能确认一下
If you could just confirm
存在那里的化学制品都有什么
the chemicals that you stored there.
我们没什么义务向你们泄露任何信息 除非你们有...
That's hardly information we're obligated to divulge without...
具体是想问三种熏蒸剂
Specifically, three fumigants.
氰化氢
Hydrogen cyanide,
萘和毒死蜱
naphthalene, and chlorpyrifos.
看到没
You see?
他比我专业多了
Better him than me.
你们能确认吗
Can you confirm?
呃 可以 呃
Uh, yes. Uh...
那些都是我们一种最受欢迎的杀虫剂的成分
those are ingredients in one of our most popular insecticides.
那次仓库失火
And approximately what quantity leaked
大概泄露了多少
from the warehouse?
如果你查查记录的话 会发现
Well, if you check the record, you'll see
那次火灾损失被控制在了最低程度 所以
that fire damage was kept to a minimum, so...
我们问的不是这个
Not what he asked.
听着 先生们 我不清楚你们想把话题引向哪里 但是
Look, gentlemen, I'm not sure where this is going, but...
要引向拖车公园
It's going to a trailer park
还有你们毒害的土地
and the soil that you poisoned.
现在 你们打算自己告诉房♥客们
Now, you gonna tell the tenants,
还是想让我们告诉他们
or you want us to do that?
或者告诉环保署
Or the EPA.
呃 没必要这么做
Uh... There's no need for that.
我们知道情况的严重性 而且我向你保证
We're aware of the issue, and I assure you
此事正在积极协调
that it's being handled internally.
是通过Eli和Pete Buck协调吧
By Eli and Pete Buck.
你给了他们多少钱
How much you have to pay them
让他们帮你们内部处理此事
to handle your issues internally?
你是什么意思
What do you mean?
我们的意思是 也许你资助了这兄弟俩
We mean that perhaps you financed the brothers
来为你买♥♥下拖车公园
to buy the trailer park on your behalf,
然后在租客们发现实情之前
and get rid of the tenants
赶走他们
before they caught on.
然后他们提高租金
And then they raise the rents,
把房♥客们都赶出去
and the tenants move out on their own.
你的手上干干净净 也不用担心
Keeping your hands clean and you free
-潜在的法律问题了 -不
- from potential lawsuits. - No.
Lance 我强烈建议你
Lance, I would strongly advise...
我不能让他们这么说我
I can't let them paint it this way.
怎么说你了
Paint it what way?
我们不会强迫人们搬走
We would never force people out.
没错 我们跟他们兄弟俩合作买♥♥下这个公园 但是
Yes, we contracted the brothers to buy the park, but...
给租客们造成的不便 我们也给出了
to also dole out some very generous incentive packages
丰厚的补偿
to cover the tenants' inconvenience.
丰厚的补偿
Incentive packages?
租客们根本没拿到补偿
The tenants never got 'em.
这是怎么了 你们又找到新的嫌疑人了吗
What's this about? You have another suspect?
找到了 Zullow化工厂
We do. Zullow Chemical.
他们给了你和Eli五十万美元
They gave you and Eli half a million dollars
来买♥♥下公园并补偿租户们
to buy the trailer park and pay the tenants to leave.
但是 就像你之前说的 Eli变得贪婪了
But, as you said before, Eli was greedy,
打算侵吞补偿款
came up with a better plan to keep all the money and just
然后提升租金把他们逼走
raise the rent to force them out.
也许你临阵退缩了
And maybe you got cold feet.
不 不是这样的
No. That's not it.
那是怎样
Then what?
你们弄反了
You got it backward.
是我
It was me.
全都是我的错
All of it.
是我逼着他同意了Zullow公♥司♥的交易
I'm the one who pushed him into the Zullow deal.
是你把Eli放到那个卡车上的吗
You put Eli under that truck?
我们装载完成后 他受不了良心的拷问
After we loaded it, his conscience kicked in.
他想终止交易
He wanted to kill the deal.
告诉租客们实情 检举化工厂
Tell the tenants, blow the whistle.
但你不想让他那么做
And you couldn't let him do that.
本来只是争吵
It was just a fight.
吵架 推搡
Words, shoves...
直到他倒地
Until he fell...
脑袋正好落在了那个倒霉的花♥园♥装饰品上
right on that stupid garden thing.
大部分人这时候会报♥警♥
Most people would call 911.
剧集 | 海军罪案调查处(2003) | 导航列表