Nurse says he has his good days and his bad days,
但在他给上将写信之前
but he was diagnosed before he started writing letters
就被确诊了
to the admiral.
他知道自己时日不多了
He knew the end was coming.
他想确保他的骨灰回到亚利桑那战列舰
He wanted to make sure his ashes were back on the Arizona.
或者
Or maybe
他只是感到困惑
he was just confused.
如果Joe的记忆真的只是
What if Joe's memories were really just stories
他哥哥告诉他的故事呢
his brother told him?
这整件事可能他脑子里的故事而已
This whole thing could just be in his head.
你找到什么了吗
Hey, did you find anything?
不 我们 呃 我们再次询问Deacon
Nope. We, uh... we questioned Deacon again.
他发誓他从来没见过紫心勋章
He swears he never saw a Purple Heart,
他说Joe甚至从未提起过
and he said that Joe never even mentioned it.
你搜过出租车了吗
You search the cab?
是的 而且Deacon的住处也没有
Yeah, and it wasn't at Deacon's place either.
所以只有Joe知道他用它干了什么
So Joe's the only one who knows what he did with it,
现在连他自己都不知道了
and now even he doesn't know.
这可能不完全正确
Well, that might not be entirely true.
据Gibbs说
According to Gibbs,
Joe坚持要把勋章放在安全的地方
Joe insists that he put the medal in a safe place.
-这种感觉可能是真实的 -是啊
- That feeling was probably real. - Yeah, well,
但是 这种感觉并没给我们留下多少线索
feeling isn't really much to go on.
没错 他可以把它埋在任何地方
Yeah, he could've buried it anywhere
然后以为自己把它放在通风口里了
and thought that he put it in the vent.
或者 更可能的是 他可能只是把
Or, more likely, he could've just transposed
一些细节换了个位置
a few of the details.
你是说可能放在了另一个通风口吗
You mean like maybe it was a different vent?
所以 Joe知道他取下了通风孔盖
So, Joe knew that he removed a vent cover
把勋章放了进去
and put the Purple Heart inside.
我们认为他记错了
We think he remembered
通风口的位置
the location of the vent incorrectly.
他不需要螺丝刀
Well, he didn't need a screwdriver.
在这儿
It's here.
它受损了吗
Is it damaged?
没
No.
太完美了
It's perfect.
谢谢你
Thank you.
感谢你
Thank you.
嘿 Gibbs 我们找到了
Hey, Gibbs. We found it.
Joe是对的
Joe was right.
他把它放在最安全的地方
He kept it in the safest place possible.
从没离开过房♥子
Never even left the house.
太好了 Bishop
That's great, Bishop.
干得漂亮
That's good work.
呃 我再打给你
Uh, I'll call you back.
Gibbs探员 我们尽力了
Agent Gibbs,we did all we could.
不幸的是 Smith先生在监护室去世了
Unfortunately, Mr. Smith died in recovery.
你知道尸体应该送到哪里吗
Do you know where the body should be sent?
Gibbs 你的预感是对的
Your hunch was right, Gibbs.
我在Joe的烧伤处找到了两块
I was able to find two pieces of metal embedded in the skin
嵌在皮肤里的金属
beneath Joe's burns.
弹片击中了
"Shrapnel
已经被烤熟的地方
hit what was already raw."
Joe就是这么说的
That's exactly what Joe said.
他不是在开玩笑
He wasn't kidding.
Kasie还能确定其中一块实际上是
Kasie was also able to determine that one of the pieces
一块极小的
was actually a minuscule...
Gibbs 这是螺栓的一部分
It was part of a bolt, Gibbs,
完全是火灾造成的
complete with fire damage.
有一个
There's a...
对不起 Palmer医生 我有点兴奋
I'm sorry, Dr. Palmer. I-I got a little excited.
请随意 先生 您来说就好了
By all means, sir, it's all you.
正好 亚利桑那号♥战列舰的上层结构
So, a section of the USS Arizona's superstructure
正在亚利桑那州国会博物馆展出
is on display at the Arizona State Capitol Museum.
我打了一个电♥话♥ 说服了一个非常好的女士
I made a call and I was able to convince a very nice lady
给我们送来这种
to rush us a sample
螺栓样品
of one of these bolts.
匹配成功
It's a match.
-嗯哼 -所以 当亚利桑那号♥
- Mm-hmm. - So not only
遭受攻击时
was Joe on the Arizona
Joe不仅在上面 而且从那之后
when it was attacked, he also has been carrying
他的身体一直装着这艘船的一小块碎片
a tiny piece of the ship inside of him ever since.
我给纪念馆打过电♥话♥了
I called the memorial.
他们正在为Joe的葬礼做安排
They're making arrangements now for Joe's interment.
Gibbs
Gibbs,
Joe要回亚利桑那号♥去了
Joe's going back to the Arizona.
嘿
Hey.
嘿 老大
Hey, boss.
就在那边 在门边
It's over there, by the door.
啊 太好了
Ah. Great.
牛排腌得越久越好
The longer you marinate steaks, the better they are.
不 我其实
Oh, no, I'm actually, uh...
我要用它来做墨西哥卷饼
I'm actually gonna use it for enchiladas.
好吧 Torres说的
Yeah, Torres says that, uh,
烤制它们能让它更上一层楼
grilling 'em really brings it to the next level.
是为了那个 呃 下个周末我提到的聚会
It's for that, uh, party next weekend I had mentioned.
我真的有些期待了
I'm actually looking forward to going.
是的 好吧 只要你需要就留着吧
Yeah, well, keep it as long as you need it.
谢谢
Thanks.
老大 听着
Um, boss, listen, uh,
我知道 呃
I know, uh...
我知道Joe不太喜欢我 但是
I know that Joe didn't like me very much, but, uh,
你确定你不想让我和你一起去吗
you sure you don't want me to go with you?
哦 他喜欢你 McGee
Oh, he liked you, McGee.
他们这些家伙就是这样
Just how those guys are.
不用
No.
我很好
I'm good.
回家和家人团聚吧
Go home to your family.
谢谢
Thanks.
好吧
All right.
嘿 McGee
Hey, McGee.
什么
Yeah.
你有空吗
You got a minute?
当然
Yeah.
有空 老大 啥事
Yeah. What's up, boss?
嗯
Uh...
我想告诉你一些关于Joe的事
I want to tell you something about Joe.
关于我的事
Something about me.
我在科威特 目睹了很多事情
What I saw in Kuwait--
而在那之前 我是完全不同的一个人
before that, I was different.
战争 从我身上夺走了一些东西
It took something from me.
这就是战争对人的影响
That's what war does.
有时我想如果我回家
Sometimes I think if my girls
见到家里的妻女
had been there when I got home,
她们也许就认不出我了
maybe they wouldn't have recognized me.
也许那时候的我 已经剩不下多少
Maybe there wouldn't have been enough of me left
值得她们留恋的部分了
for them to hang on to.
也许我最好的一面
Maybe the best of me
已经消失了
was gone.
你回到家
You come home
可是你已经不再完整
and you're like half a person.
你的另一部分还留在那里
The other half of you is still back there,
留在了一个至少还有意义的地方
where at least it made sense.
在那里 即使有子弹
Where, even with the bullets
鲜血和混乱
and the blood and the chaos,
你也知道什么是最重要的
you knew what mattered.
你知道你身边的那个人
You knew that the guy next to you
愿意为你而死
was willing to die for you
你也愿意为他而死
and you for him.
你环顾四周 想着…
剧集 | 海军罪案调查处(2003) | 导航列表