这不是抢劫
It wasn't a robbery.
我刚和一群学生谈过
I just spoke with a bunch of students.
昨天下午他们来上课时
They saw leasing company trucks picking up
看见租赁公♥司♥的
equipment from the school
卡车正在从学校搬取设备
when they showed up for class yesterday afternoon.
你知道公♥司♥的名字吗
You get the name of the company?
知道 我已经查过了
Yeah. I already ran it down.
看起来像是Aspire学院还没支付他们的账单
Looks like Aspire Tech hasn't been paying their bills, so,
所以租赁公♥司♥来收回他们的东西
the leasing company repossessed their stuff.
用了 骗子 这个词
Used the term "con artists."
也许和Whistler有关
Maybe it does have something to do with Whistler.
如果这是他的骗局
But if this was one of his cons...
到底是怎么行骗的呢
What's the con?
我想我有答案了
I think I have an answer to that.
你应该感谢弗罗里达人
【注:美国互联网上的梗 专门用来嘲笑佛罗里达州那些荒谬的犯罪者
And you can thank Florida Man
给了我线索
for clueing me in.
得了
Come on.
哦 拜托 你怎么会不知道佛罗里达人呢
Oh, come on. How can you not know Florida Man?
Kase 我 我完全不知道你在说什么
Kase, I got... I got no idea what you're talking about.
好吧 我还是放弃让你社交化的尝试吧
Okay, forget my attempts to socialize you.
你要知道 去年 我在网上
All you need to know is, last year, I did a web search
搜索我的生日和短语 佛罗里达人
for my birthday and the phrase "Florida Man,"
找到了这个故事
and found this story.
欢迎来到 赶紧去死吧
"Welcome to Screw U."
这是对快闪诈骗学校的揭露网站
It's an exposé on pop-up scam schools.
快闪
Pop-up?
这个概念很简单
Well, the concept is pretty simple.
一个骗子
A scammer rents a space,
租一个地方 给学校建一个框架
then puts up a shingle for a trade school,
然后雇一帮老师 然后
and hires a bunch of teachers. Then,
他们招收尽可能多的学生 帮助他们
they enroll as many students as they can, helping them
申请尽可能多的学生贷款
apply for as many student loans as they can.
然后 当所有这些丰厚的贷款到账的时候
Then when all that juicy loan money comes in...
他们让学校破产 在别的地方重新开始
They let the school go bust, start over somewhere else.
我想Aspire学院也是按这个套路来的
I think that's what's happening with Aspire Tech.
我一直在查他们的财务状况
I've been digging into their financials,
而那个地方根本不可靠
and that place is a house of cards.
没错 Aspire聘请了真正的老师 也开办了学校
Yeah, Aspire hired real teachers and got a real school going,
但它没有做长久准备
but it wasn't built to last.
Aspire得到的贷款额度过高
Aspire got loans on overextended lines of credit,
拖欠了大部分还款 当他们得到延期
missed most of their payments, and when they got an extension
聘用更多教师时 他们反而雇佣了
to hire more teachers, they hired
更多的贷款顾问
more loan counselors instead.
目前 所以当你说 他们 的时候 你指的是Whistler上士吗
So when you say "they," you mean Petty Officer Whistler?
我不确定他是不是我们认为的骗子
I'm not so sure he's the con man we all thought he was.
还记得他朋友说他清理掉的海外账户吗
Remember that offshore account his bestie said he cleaned out?
-嗯哼 -我追查了取款去向
- Mm-hmm. - Well, I traced the withdrawals.
他没有偷他哥们儿的东西
He didn't steal from his bestie.
Whistler把这笔钱还给了
Whistler used the money to give refunds
他们诈骗的人
to all the people they scammed.
另一方面 他当时正从Aspire的学生那里
Now, on the other hand, he was stealing credit card
窃取信♥用♥卡♥信息 所以
information from Aspire students, so,
他不得不被卷了进去 但是经营一所真正的学校
he had to be involved somehow, but running an actual school
有点超出他的能力范围
was sort of out of his wheelhouse.
没错 他有个同伙
Yeah. He had a partner.
这些指控简直是荒谬至极
These allegations are absurd.
我是说 你有哪怕一点儿证据吗
I mean, do you even have any proof?
呃 那个 McGee探员 我们有什么证据吗
Uh, well, Agent McGee, do we have any proof?
话说 Bishop探员 呃 这个贷款延期申请上
Well, Agent Bishop, uh, this is your signature
是你的签名
on this loan extension.
还有 噢
And, oh,
瞧 你亲自聘用了全部的老师
look-- you personally hired all the teachers.
看起来从头到尾都是你一手操办的
Looks like you were running the entire operation.
好吧 那 那只是新学校的运作方式
Okay, that's-that's just how new schools works.
好吗 我的工作是
Okay, my job was to...
叽叽喳喳
Blah, blah, blah.
你的工作就是叽叽喳喳
Your job was to blah, blah, blah.
听着 我们知道Aspire学院是个骗局
Look, we know Aspire Tech was a scam.
而且我们知道是你运作的
And we know you were running it.
我们不知道的是
What we don't know is...
你为什么要谋杀Whistler上士
why you murdered Petty Officer Whistler.
什么 我没有
What?! No!
我们知道他惯于敲诈他的合伙人
We know he's got a habit of ripping off his partners.
够了 你们这回是大错特错了
Okay, you are way off base here!
-他也敲诈你了吗 -我没有杀人
- He rip you off, too? - I didn't kill anybody!
-我所做的只有 只有 -运营一所学校
- All I was doing was-was... - Just running a school.
但你没有任何证书能证明你能胜任学院主任的职务
Without a single credential that qualifies you to be a dean.
那是因为我不是真正的学院主任
That's because I'm not a real dean!
我只是个二手车销♥售♥员
I'm just a previously-owned car salesman.
你是个卖♥♥二手车的吗
You're a used car salesman?
是的 还有 呃 我业余时间也会做一些表演工作
Yeah, and, well, I also do a little acting on the side.
那么 一个二手车销♥售♥员
Well, how does a used car salesman
是怎么开始运营学校的呢
end up running a school?
去年 我投简历想参加一场新的戏剧表演
Last year, I was sending out résumés to get a new gig,
然后有一个网络猎头联♥系♥我
and I got contacted by this headhunter online
说他代表一些人
who said he represented these people
那些人想办一所新学校
who were starting a new school.
他们想找一个懂销♥售♥的人
They were looking for someone who knew how to sell,
顺便说一句 我懂销♥售♥
which, for the record, I do.
是吗
Hmm.
按理说我这头衔是有名无实的
I was just supposed to be a figurehead.
参加招聘培训会 签一些文件
Show up at recruitment seminars, sign papers.
我把这当场一场表演活动
I looked at it like an acting gig.
倒不如说是诈骗活动
More like a scam gig.
他们雇我来招收学生 我做到了
I was hired to enroll students, which I did.
其他的事是超出我工作范围的
Everything else is above my pay grade.
好吧 祝你在法庭上有好运气
Okay, well, good luck with that in court.
当然 你懂得 我们可以在地方检察官那边
Of course, you know, we could put in a good word
为你说些好话
for you with the D.A.
那么代价是什么呢
In exchange for...?
告诉我们去哪里找那个猎头
Telling us where we can find that headhunter.
所以 每学年的25000美元由退伍军人♥权♥利法案承担
So, the GI Bill covers almost $25,000 per academic year,
这些足够你的学费和各种开支了
which is more than enough to cover your tuition and expenses.
而且我们帮你填写各种申请表
And we can even help with all of the applications
这样钱就能通过正常渠道到你手上
so that the money gets routed properly.
那么司法费用呢
What about legal fees?
因为我预见到你将来会付出很多司法费用
'Cause I see a whole lot of those in your future.
记得我吗 我们在计算机室见过
Remember me? We met in the computer lab.
顺便说一句 看来你找到梳子了 不错
I see you found a comb, by the way. Nice.
呃 各位请给我们一些时间 好吗
If, uh, you could excuse us, okay?
你要去哪里呢
Where are you going?
我正想去吃点东西呢
I was just gonna grab a bite.
是吗 好吧 当你去吃饭的时候
Mm. Well, you might want
你可能会想买♥♥一条新皮带
to pick up a new belt while you're at it.
是的 我们需要验一下那条皮带上有没有
Yeah, we're gonna need to test that one for the DNA
被你勒死的那人的DNA
of the guy you strangled with it.
很明显 这是
Apparently, this is
我们这位坏蛋
the third school con
五年来犯下的第三起学校诈骗
our bad guy pulled off in the last five years.
那么Whistler上士到底参与诈骗了没有
So was Petty Officer Whistler part of it or not?
-没有 -那他为什么死了
-Not. -So why is he dead?
因为他发现了这是诈骗
Because he uncovered it.
我们在坏蛋的电脑上发现了一堆电子邮件
We found a bunch of e-mails on the bad guy's computer.
呃 看起来
Uh, looks like
Whistler很快就意识到学校是一个骗局
Whistler figured out the school was a con pretty quickly.
绝不要欺骗一个骗子
Never con a con man.
事实证明他黑进Aspire的网络
It turns out he didn't hack Aspire's network
不是为了偷盗信♥用♥卡♥信息
to steal credit cards.
他是在收集证据
He was collecting evidence.
什么的证据
剧集 | 海军罪案调查处(2003) | 导航列表