剧集 | 青春密语(2008) | 导航列表
Interferes with business, I don't want any calls or emails.
无关商业 我不想收到任何电♥话♥或邮件
What survey? Is this something for school?
什么调查 学校里的事吗
Yeah.
是的
Have you ever used algebra in your adult life?
在你们成年后用过代数吗
No. And don't ask her, she's not an adult.
没用过 别问她 她没成年
No one has. That's why I feel it shouldn't be taught in school,
没人用过 所以我才认为学校不应该教
or it should be an elective.
或者变成选修课
Is this to avoid a test?
这是在逃避考试么
Yes. A midterm. He's avoiding, not me.
是 期中考试 他在逃避 我没有
Let me tell you something, all of you.
听着 你们几个
Sometimes you got to do things you don't want to do.
有些时候你就是得做你不想做的
And if you don't get anything else out of taking algebra,
如果你放弃代数 没有得到别的
you should get that. You got it? Get out of here.
那你就该上代数课 明白了吧 出去
Oh, nice.
说得好啊
You are not going to New York. The whole thing is ridiculous.
你不能去纽约 太荒谬了
Dad, if I don't go now, I may never have this chance again.
爸 如果现在不去 就再也没机会了
Amy, that's what being a parent is all about.
艾米 这就是为人父母要做的
Missing opportunities in life.
失去人生中的机会
Never doing what you really want to do.
做不了自己真正想做的
Never being all you could have been.
不能成为自己想成为的
It's about settling.
这就是安定
Settle. I don't care if you love Ricky or not.
安定下来 不管你爱不爱里奇
He's John's father, he's good to you,
他是约翰的爸爸 他对你好
he's good to your son, he's a hard worker,
对你的儿子好 他工作努力
and he's come back from the
他从地狱深渊回头
depths of hell to be a decent human being.
去成为一名得体的人
So you get some appreciation of that and suck it up.
所以你得感恩 别再说去纽约的事
You know, I think that should make me cry,
你知道吗 这本应该让我感动到哭
but, for some reason, it's just funny.
但是 出于某种原因 这很滑稽
Dad, you're funny.
爸爸 你很滑稽
No, I mean, maybe that's how it
不 我指的是 这也许是
was in the olden times, but I'm not going to settle.
老一代的做法 但我不打算安定
I want what I want.
我要得到我想要的
You want it all and you can't have it all.
你什么都想要 但鱼与熊掌不可兼得
Or maybe I can.
或许我可以
Bye, Dad. Bye, Amy.
拜拜 老爸 拜拜 艾米
So Amy would be settling? Marrying Ricky would be settling?
艾米会安定吗 嫁给里奇是安定吗
Aw, you know what I mean.
你知道我什么意思
Uh, no. I don't know what you mean.
我不知道你什么意思
But I don't want my son to marry someone who would be settling.
但我不想要我儿子娶一个想要安定的人
Like he wouldn't be settling?
难倒他不会安定吗
If he's willing to settle, why shouldn't she?
如果他想安定 她不也应该这样吗
Excuse me?
你说啥
Oh, come on, they're trying
得了吧 他们在试图
to make this work without taking the final step,
不结婚
they had a kid, they have to get married.
他们有孩子了 他们就得结婚
No, they don't.
不 他们不会结的
I know that. I want them to think that.
我知道 所以我要他们再考虑考虑
Because it would be better for John.
这对约翰比较好
The kid is the most important person in this,
这孩子是这件事里最重要的人
he had no say in this, why should he be the one hurt?
他没有发言权 但怎么能让他受伤呢
He deserves a mom and a dad who are married to each other
他理应有一对结婚的爸爸妈妈
whether they want to be or not.
不管他们想不想结
So they're both miserable, the kid should be happy.
所以他俩痛苦了 但孩子幸福了
Wow. You are really not making a case here.
你可没在帮忙啊
Yeah, I know. The more I talk, the worse it sounds.
我知道 我说得越多 听起来越糟
Am I wrong? Could I be wrong?
我错了吗 我会错吗
I think I'm wrong, but maybe that's what I'm wrong about.
我觉得我错了 这也许就是我错的地方
Yeah. Yeah.
是的 没错
I have a confession to make.
我要做个忏悔
The other day I told Ricky not to marry Amy.
那天我告诉里奇不要娶艾米
That's why I'm looking for an apartment.
那就是为什么我要找间公♥寓♥
I thought it was because Anne's gonna take back the house.
我还以为是因为安妮要把房♥子收回去
Yeah, that too, but mostly because
是的 跟那也有关系 但主要还是
I feel I betrayed you by telling Ricky not to marry Amy.
因为我觉得叫里奇别娶艾米背叛了你
You're entitled to your opinion,
你有权拥有自己的观点
I can see where you would think it's a bad idea.
我能明白你为什么不赞同他们结婚
So, I'm living in your house and not paying any rent
那么 我住你家 不付租金
and you've been a good friend and...
你一直是个很好的朋友
I told my son not to marry your daughter
我叫我儿子别娶你女儿
and that's not a problem?
这没有关系吗
No. He's not listening
没关系 他不听你的话的程度
to you any more than she's listening to me.
比艾米不听我的话还糟糕
He's trying his damnedest to get her to marry him.
他在尽自己最大努力让艾米嫁给他
My point is, I said it, I betrayed you.
我是指 我这么说了 就背叛了你
I don't care.
我不在乎
I told Ricky I'd try to help him out
我跟里奇说了我会帮他劝艾米
and talk to Amy, and that was all for naught.
可这都是徒劳
You have no idea how much guilt I've been holding over this?
你不知道拖延了他俩的事我有多歉疚
I was almost driven to drink again.
我都要继续酗酒了
Over those two? Please.
就因为他俩 得了吧
I was so proud of them when they eloped.
看到他俩私奔我特骄傲
And then, it's as if they missed a movie
结果呢 就好像他们错过了一场电影
and now he's trying to drag her back to the theater.
他执意要拖她回到剧院
And even if he gets her in,
即使他把她拉进去了
neither of them are going to enjoy the show...
他俩都不会有心情看了
Should I go on? Nah.
我应该继续吗 还是别了
What is the point of all this? It's fun.
这一切有什么意义 有趣啊
We haven't found one single person who uses algebra,
我们没有找到一个人还在用代数的
therefore algebra is a complete waste of time and I've proven it.
因此学代数就是浪费时间 我已证明了
You're still going to have to take the test,
那你还是得去考试
so sooner or later we're going to have to stop walking around
迟早我们还是得停止乱晃悠
and go back to your house and study.
回到你家去学习
No, I think we should keep going.
不 我们应该继续晃下去
Unless of course we find the one freak in the universe
直到我们找到一个还在用代数的怪咖
who uses algebra and then I'll quit.
那我就放弃
Hi. We're taking a survey.
你好 我们在做一个调查
Oh, did you need some help calculating the results?
你们是需要我帮忙计算百分比吗
No. So far, it's a hundred percent.
不 目前为止是百分之百
I'm trying to get algebra
我在通过询问人们
removed from the requirements in high school
是否在生活中使用过代数
by asking people if they've ever used algebra
从而将它从高中课程中剔除
and so far, no one ever has.
截至目前为止 没人用过
Um, I think maybe she has.
我觉得她用过
Are you Danica McKellar?
你是丹妮卡·麦凯勒吗
Yes, I am.
是的 就是我
Danica McKellar? I know that name.
丹妮卡·麦凯勒 我听过这名字
Are you a stripper?
你是个脱衣舞娘吗
A what?
一个什么
What are you doing?
你在干什么
Complimenting the lady.
恭维这位小姐
She's an actress and a mathematician.
她既是位演员 也是位数学家
She writes books on math.
她写数学方面的书
Math Doesn't Suck, Kiss My Math,
《数学不恶心》 《亲亲我的数学》
Hot X, Girls Get Curves?
《热门的X》 《曲线女孩》
All I get from that is something dirty.
我只记得那些龌龊的东西
He has issues with women. And algebra.
他对女人一窍不通 还有代数
And we have an algebra midterm to study for. Bye.
我们还有代数期中考试要准备 再见
No. Wait. I'll help you.
不 等等 我会帮你
I don't need any help, he does.
不是我要找人帮忙 是他
And I'm helping him. Or trying to.
我是在帮他 或者说是试图帮他
Well, wait a minute. I mean...
等一下...
Why not let her have a shot at helping me?
为什么不给她个机会帮我呢
How many people have you interviewed?
你问过多少人了
Thirty-three, counting you.
三十三 包括你
And I'm the only one who uses algebra?
我是其中唯一会用代数的吗
Yeah. So ninety-nine percent do not use algebra.
是的 即百分之九十九的人都不用代数
Not exactly.
不准确
Thirty-two out of 33 is not 99 percent.
三十三中的三十二可不是百分之九十九
I could have told him that,
我告诉过他
剧集 | 青春密语(2008) | 导航列表