剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
必须有 你记得我跟你说过
about the God Account?
上帝账户的事吗
Lulu, I'm asking you to trust me, okay?
露露 我想请你相信我 好吗
There's something in these magazines
在这些杂♥志♥中我会
that is a clue about how to help with your dad.
找到线索来帮助你父亲
Yeah, these issues are from 1952 to 1984.
是吗 这些杂♥志♥是从1952年到1984年间的
Is there anything during that time period
那些年之间有没有什么事
that jumps out at you?
引起你的关注呢
Maybe something that has to do with your family?
也许有什么事是和你的家庭有关的
I can't see how.
我看不出来有什么关联
My brother and I weren't even born yet.
我哥哥和我都还没出生呢
And my parents didn't meet until...
而且我的父母也是直到 1984年
1984.
相遇的
Okay, um, this box is from '84.
好 这箱子是1984年的
They were both studying at Columbia.
他们俩都在哥伦比亚大学读书
Oh, my God.
天哪
That's my mom!
那是我妈妈
But I knew she was super progressive back then,
但我直到那时候她特别的激进
always speaking out on human rights
回到家里经常提及人♥权♥
and gender inequality back home.
还有性别不平等
But she stopped after we were born.
但是在我们出生后她就不提了
Lulu, isn't that your dad?
露露 那个不是你♥爸♥爸吗
I can't believe it.
真不敢相信
Sounds like your father's political views
听起来你父亲和你母亲
were aligned with your mother's back then.
在那个时候的政♥治♥观点是很一致的
I don't know if this matters.
我不知道这有没有什么意义
He's clearly not that man anymore.
他很明显跟过去不一样了
Well, maybe that's what
也许那正是你要
you're supposed to remind him of.
提醒他的事
The man he used to be.
他过去是个什么样的人
There is still time to change your father's mind.
还有时间去改变你父亲的想法
Louella.
路埃拉
Father.
父亲
You've met my friend Rakesh.
你见过我的朋友拉克什了
This is Miles and Cara.
这是迈尔斯和卡拉
I'm glad to see you were able to
我很高兴看见你能把个人感情
set aside personal feelings.
放在一边
Your brother is going to need your support
在未来的几个月里
in the coming months.
你弟弟将需要你的支持
I know he told you about the article,
我知道他告诉你那篇文章的事了
the quote I gave.
我写在上面的言论
Yes, he did.
对 他说了
I had no idea your views were so extreme.
我不知道你的言论竟然如此极端
You sent me to a London prep school
你送我去了伦敦读的预科
and then to Columbia.
然后去了哥伦比亚大学
You must have known
你应该早就预料的到
that I would become more progressive,
我的思想会非常的先进
like Mom...
跟妈妈一样
And like you.
也跟你一样
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
Well, we, uh...
我们
We happened to come across this.
我们无意中发现了这个
I was young,
我那时候还年轻
unburdened by the politics and pragmatism
还不用承受身为一个国王终究所需要的
that being a king would one day demand.
政♥治♥和实用主义的负担
But that's why you should've chosen me.
但这就是为什么你本应该选择我
I can carry on what you and Mom set out to accomplish.
我可以继续你和妈妈开启的事业
What your mother wanted, our country wasn't ready for.
你妈妈想要的 我们的国家还没有准备好
It's ready now.
现在准备好了
But what if it isn't?
但如果没有呢
I can't take that risk.
我不能冒这个险
I'm sorry, but what risk?
不好意思 但要冒什么险
Lulu said that your wife
露露说你妻子
stopped speaking up after they were born.
在他们出生之后就不再发声了
But that wasn't the only reason, was it?
但是这不是唯一的原因 对吧
No.
不是
She only stopped when I finally told her about the threats.
她停下了是因为我终于告诉她了威胁的存在
You mean death threats?
你是说死亡威胁吗
I begged her to stay silent
我求她在那些她坚信的事情上
about the issues she believed in.
保持沉默
But not as a king.
但不是作为一个国王
As a terrified husband.
而是作为一个害怕的丈夫
It was the only way to ensure her safety.
只有那样才能保证她的安全
Which is the same thing you're doing.
也就是你正在做的
The decision to pass over Lulu was not made by a king.
把露露交出去的决定不是由国王做出的
It was made by a father.
而是由父亲做出的
Papa, I know you're scared.
爸爸 我知道你害怕
But your fear as a father can't be what this is about.
但是不能让作为父亲的恐惧阻止你
You have to trust me,
你得相信我
trust our country, and trust our people
相信我们的国家 相信我们的人♥民♥
that they are ready for this.
相信他们准备好了
Ready for a queen to rule.
准备好让女王来统治了
Thank you for coming with me. Are you kidding?
谢谢你陪我来 你开玩笑吗
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
这是绝无仅有的机会
And you deserve to give this speech, Lulu,
而且这是你应得的演讲 露露
not your brother. - You never know.
而不是你弟弟 这你可说不准
Maybe we were able to get through to your father.
或许我们可以说通你父亲
He's pretty headstrong.
他挺顽固的
He told me he would need time to think about it.
他告诉我他需要时间考虑
Father.
父亲
I know you think that my views are too aggressive,
我知道你觉得我的观点过于激进
but I won't be silenced by anyone,
但是我不会因为其他人而销声
even you,
就算是你
which is why I'm going to come home
所以说 我会回家
and continue to speak my mind;
继续表达我的想法
continue to push for change,
继续促进改变
regardless of your decision.
无论你的决定如何
And as a father,
并且作为一个父亲
that terrifies me more than you know.
这比你想象得还要让我害怕
But as a king, it makes me proud.
但是作为一个国王 这让我骄傲
Which is why I've decided you will be giving the speech.
所以我决定了将由你来发言
And why I will announce you as my successor.
所以我要宣布你为我的继任者
You say our country is ready.
你说我们的国家准备好了
I hope you are right.
我希望你是对的
I am.
我是
Father told me.
父亲告诉我了
That does not mean I agree with him.
但这不意味着我同意他的做法
Nor do I agree with your reckless decision
我也不同意你
to expose your sister to a journalist.
把你姐姐暴露给记者的鲁莽做法
Your actions could've endangered her life.
你的行为甚至可能危及她的生命
Our country is not ready for the direction
我们的国家并没有准备好
she wants to take them in. - I disagree.
走向她想把大家带入的方向 我不同意
And I'm going to prove to you that they are.
并且我要向你证明 他们准备好了
King Omari, they're ready for you.
奥马里国王 他们准备好了
Shall we?
走吧
Hey, Ali, what's going on?
嗨 阿里 怎么了
We got your message.
我们收到你的消息了
I have decided to meet with a fertility specialist.
我决定去见一位生殖医学专科医生
You're going to delay the treatment?
你要延期治疗吗
Yes.
对
Did you know about this?
你知道吗
We spoke earlier,
我们之前谈过了
and I support her in this, Arthur.
并且我支持她这个决定 亚瑟
You do? Yes, I do.
是吗 是的
You said the process of freezing your eggs
你说过冻卵的过程
could take a month. What if it takes longer?
可能要花一个月 如果要更久呢
I'm hoping it won't.
希望不会
You're hoping.
你只是希望
You're putting your life on the line, based on hope.
你在让自己命悬一线 就因为希望
Yeah.
对
Because right now, hope is all I have.
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表