剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
Did you know about this, David?
你早就知道这事了是吗 大卫
I just found out last week.
我上周才发现的
She made me promise not to say anything
她让我保证不告诉任何人
until she got the results back.
直到她拿到结果
She didn't want to upset you.
她不想让你生气
I'm sorry, Mom.
对不起 妈妈
I didn't wanna hurt your feelings.
我不想伤害你
I just wanna know where I come from
我只是想知道我到底是从哪来的
Look, I'm sorry to interrupt,
对不起 打断一下
but I think I can help with that.
我想这事我可以帮的上忙
What are you talking about?
你什么意思
Uh, well, Joy is a lawyer.
呃 乔伊是一个律师
So if you do decide that you want to find
所以如果你决定去
her birth parents, she can help you.
寻找你的生父母 她可以帮到你
Right, Joy?
对不对 乔伊
That would be amazing.
那真是太好了
Mom, Dad?
妈妈 爸爸
We'll see.
再说吧
Which means "no."
那就是不行咯
Joy!
乔伊
Joy! Come on, Joy!
乔伊 别这样 乔伊
You had no right to do that.
你没权利这么做
Joy, look, I understand
乔伊 听着 我明白
that you're upset right now, but telling Lauren who you were
你现在很难受 但是告诉劳伦你是谁
wasn't a part of the plan.
并不是我们计划的一部分
You mean, it wasn't part of your plan.
你是说不是你计划的一部分吧
No, Joy, her parents weren't on the same page.
不 乔伊 她的父母还没有同意
If you would have told Lauren who you were,
如果你告诉了劳伦你是谁
it would have made things worse.
这只会让事情变得更糟
For who? Not for Lauren.
对谁来说更糟 对劳伦来说不会
Because all I heard back there was a girl who was desperate
因为我所听到的是一个小姑娘迫切的想知道
to find out who she was and desperate for answers
她是谁 而且她想要的答案只有
that only I can give her.
我能给她
And there will be a time for that,
会有机会告诉她的
just not right now.
只是不是现在
Then when?
那是什么时候
Maybe her parents get on the same page eventually,
也许他们的父母最后愿意了
but maybe they don't.
但也许不愿意
I'm not gonna sit back
我不想坐视
and watch Lauren's life fall apart.
劳伦的生活被搞砸了
I can't. - Joy--
我不能 乔伊
No, Miles, this is my Friend Suggestion.
不 迈尔斯 这是我的朋友推荐
It's not yours.
不是你的
You don't get them anymore, remember?
你现在收不到了 记得吗
Look...
听着
you have your path, and I have mine.
你有你的路要走 我有我的
I think it's time we go our separate ways.
我想是时候我们分道扬镳了
So, you think Joy's gonna tell her daughter who she is?
你认为乔伊会告诉她的女儿她到底是谁吗
Yeah. Yeah, I do.
是的 我认为她会
Yeah, she seems pretty determined.
是啊 她看上去意志很坚决
Joy is at work until tonight,
乔伊会工作到晚上
which means we have to figure out how to stop her
也就是说我们要在她下班之前想出个办法
from telling Lauren before she gets off.
来阻止她告诉劳伦
Well, are you sure that's what we're supposed to do?
你确定我们要这么做吗
Because the God Account did send her Lauren's name.
因为上帝账户的确发给她劳伦这个名字了
Yeah, and forcing people to face their past
让人们直面自己的过去
is sort of a God Account go to.
的确是上帝账户会做的事
Yeah, but not at the expense of destroying a family.
是 但绝不会以毁了一个家庭为代价
Look, I get how emotional this must be for Joy,
听着 我理解乔伊的感受
but she needs to think this through.
但是她需要想清楚
Well, Miles, maybe she has.
迈尔斯 也许她已经想清楚了呢
She gave up her entire life six months ago
六个月前她放弃了自己的生活
to come here and make sure her daughter was okay.
来到这 只是想看看自己的女儿过的好不好
You don't just do that on a whim.
人不会一时心血来潮就这么做的
Yeah.
也是
Actually, you're right.
我想你说的对
Thank you... about what, exactly?
谢谢你 我哪部分说的对
Joy had an amazing life back in Chicago,
乔伊在芝加哥的生活本来很不错的
so why would she all of a sudden decide
所以为什么六个月前
to give it up six months ago?
她突然放弃了自己的生活呢
Well, because she wanted to find her daughter.
因为她想找到她的女儿啊
No, no, no, I get that, but why not six years ago
不 我明白 但是为什么不是六年前
or six days ago?
或者是六天之前
What if something happened in Joy's life
会不会是乔伊的生活中发生了什么事情
that triggered her to come looking for Lauren?
导致她来找她的女儿劳伦呢
Triggered her to unseal the records
促使她查明收养记录
and implode her entire life.
导致她的生活崩溃
Whatever it was could be a part of this,
不管是什么原因 都可能是这其中的一部分
a part of what's driving her.
都是导致她这样做的一部分原因
Yeah, if we can figure out what it is,
如果我们能查出来是什么原因的话
then maybe we can get through to her.
也许我们就可以帮她度过难关
Buy some time to help Lauren
为帮助劳伦争取时间
without Joy having to tell her who she is.
而不用乔伊告诉她她的身份
Could you look into Joy and see if anything stands out
你能否查一下六个月之前在乔伊的
from six months ago?
生活里发生了什么事情
Yeah, I'm on it.
好的 我这就去查
Oh, what about the gallery opening?
那画廊开幕的事情怎么办
Oh, right, um, well, we have a few hours.
对哦 我们还有几个小时的时间
Why don't we all meet at my house
要不我们都去我家集♥合♥把
and we'll head down together?
然后我们一起去那边
Perfect, I have to meet up with my mom,
我得先跟我妈碰个面
but I'll see you there.
但是等下我会去的
Yeah.
好的
So, Lauren's looking for her birth parents.
劳伦在找她的生父母
Do Erica and David know?
埃里卡和大卫知道这事儿吗
Yeah, and they're not taking it well.
知道 但是他们处理得不太好
Is that what the God Account wants you to do,
上帝账户就是想让你做这个吗
find Lauren's birth parents?
帮劳伦找到她的生父母
I don't know. I hope not.
我不知道 但愿不是
Her parents have been by her side
她的养父母可是每天都
every day of her life.
陪着她一起生活的呀
That is what is important.
这才是最重要的
I didn't mean anything by that.
我没有别的意思
I know, and it's okay if you did.
我知道 你有其他意思我也不介意
I would never pretend I was there for you growing up, Cara.
我绝对不会假装自己有陪伴你长大 卡拉
That's why I thought it'd be nice
所以我就想如果你能过来
for you to come and stay with us.
跟我们一起住就太好了
I just--I don't think it's a good idea.
我觉得这不是个好主意
I get you have reservations,
我明白你有保留意见
but maybe if we spent some more time together,
但是也许我们如果能在一起更多时间的话
we could just hit some of this stuff head-on.
我们之间的关系可能会大有进展
We've just come so far in the last year,
我们在过去的一年里关系已经近了很多
I don't wanna risk taking a step back.
我不想冒险让关系又后退一步
Families are a lot stronger than we think, Cara.
家人之间的关系要比你想象中坚固得多 卡拉
You said you don't see how Lauren's family survives
你说如果劳伦的生父母出现的话
if her birth parents are in the picture.
你无法想象他们一家人在一起的画面
But sometimes facing who we are
但是有的时候我们一起面对问题
and risking what change that might bring
接受问题带来的变化
is what makes us stronger, makes us closer.
往往会使得我们的关系更加亲近
I bet Erica, David, and Lauren come out of this
我打赌埃里卡和大卫如果能和劳伦
a stronger family for having faced it together.
一起面对这些的话 他们之间的关系肯定会更坚固的
Anyway, Bishop Thompson was very appreciative.
无论如何 汤普森主教非常感激
I'm glad.
我很开心
In fact, he was so appreciative,
实际上 他感激到
that he offered me a job.
想给我一份工作
I don't understand. What kind of job?
我不明白 什么工作
Well, basically, doing what I did today,
基本上就是我今天做的事情
helping him navigate the politics of the church.
帮助他了解教会的政♥治♥
And what did you tell him?
那你是怎么回应他的
I told him that I needed...
我跟他说
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表