剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
Are you following me? Yeah.
你们跟踪我 嗯
I'm sorry. Okay?
我很抱歉
We're just worried about you. You don't know me.
我们很担心你 你们甚至都不认识我
Well, we know the guy you're talking to
我们知道刚刚和你说话的那个人
wasn't for a job interview.
绝对不是什么面试官
Yeah, from the looks of things,
嗯 显而易见
probably someone you shouldn't be talking to
也许那个人是你在假释期间
while you're on parole.
不该说话的人
We're not here to judge. We just want to help.
我们不是来批判的 我们只是想来帮忙
Now, what's going on? Why were you meeting with him?
到底发生什么事情了 你为什么要见他
Because I'm trying to get something back for Mr. J.
因为我想为约翰逊先生拿回来点东西
Uh, a ring that means a lot to him.
一个对他意义重大的戒指
What does that guy have to do with it?
那家伙跟这有什么关系
He's a fence.
他是中间人
He offloads stolen goods around the city.
他在城里四处兜售赃物
He was the last one to see Mr. J's ring.
他是最后一个看到约翰逊先生戒指的人
Wait. How do you know that?
等等 你是怎么知道的
Because I'm the one who stole it.
因为是我偷的
It was a year ago. I was pretty much at my lowest.
一年前的事了 那时我处于人生的最低谷
I got busted for a different burglary and went away.
我因为另一起盗窃案被抓了
When I got out, Mr. Johnson gave me a job.
我出狱后 约翰逊先生给了我一份工作
At the time, I had no idea the ring I stole belonged to him.
当时我根本不知道我偷的戒指是他的
So how'd you figure it out?
那你后来是怎么知道的
He invited me and Leo over for dinner a few weeks ago
几个星期前 他邀请我和利奥去吃晚餐
to tell us he was selling the theater.
告诉我们他要卖♥♥掉影院
When I walked into his place
当我走进他的住处
I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
我觉得我心脏病都要犯了
Because you'd been there before.
因为你以前去过那里
Yes.
是的
During dinner, he told us about his wife's ring.
吃饭的时候 他给我们讲了他妻子戒指的事
When I stole it, I had no idea
我偷的时候
just how valuable it really was.
我根本不知道这个戒指有多珍贵
What do you mean?
什么意思
It's an antique ruby incredibly rare.
那是一颗古董红宝石 极为罕见
He said the average jeweler
他说一般珠宝商
probably wouldn't realize how much it's worth.
是无法识别它的珍贵的
Ever since then,
从那之后
I can't even look him in the eye.
我都不敢直视他
I need to make it right.
我得纠正这个错误
Does your fence know where it is?
那个中间人知道它在哪儿吗
No.
不知道
Owen told me there's dozens pawn shops
欧文告诉我交易高档珠宝的当铺有好几家
that deal in high-end jewelry he might've sold it to.
他可能会卖♥♥给他们
And he's gonna ask around, see if he can find it,
他打算四处打听一下 看看能否找到
but who knows how long that'll take?
但谁知道这要多久呢
Well, then we need to speed things up.
好吧 我们需要加快速度了
How?
怎么加快
We're kind of good at finding things.
我们蛮擅长找东西的
And you're done. You're kidding.
这样就好了 你在逗我吧
You fixed it? Yeah.
你修好了吗 是啊
I just got to recompress the file so you can email it.
我只需要重新压缩文件这样你就能发电邮了
And...
然后
You're all set.
就好了
I don't know how to thank you, Rakesh.
我不知道该如何感谢你 拉克什
If I don't get into film school...
如果我没法被电影学院录取
That's it.
就到此为止了
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Even if you don't get into film school, you can't quit.
即使你没能去成电影学院 你也不能放弃
This is your dream, right? - Yeah.
这是你的梦想吧 是啊
Then you got to give yourself time.
那你就要给自己点时间
Believe me, I have.
相信我 我给过
This short film is gonna determine my fate.
这个短视频将决定我的命运
And thanks to you, I have a fighting chance.
而多亏了你 我还能博一下
The fact that he questioned my decision,
他质疑我的决定
accused me of playing favorites,
指责我厚此薄彼
and that I'm keeping the shelter open
还指着我开放收♥容♥所♥
to protect some sort of legacy at Harlem Episcopal?
是为了保护什么哈莱姆主教的遗产
Well, you have to admit
你得承认
that your ties to Harlem Episcopal
你和哈莱姆主教的关系
and your history with Elias--
以及你和埃里亚斯的历史
it's easy to see that he might think that way.
他会那么想也能理解
Trish, I gave careful consideration to all programs.
崔西 所有项目我都仔细考虑过
Okay.
好的
Hey. So what's going on with you?
嘿 所以你们在做什么
You two seem to be having a spirited conversation.
你们俩看着聊得很火热
Work problems.
工作上的事儿
Do you remember Reverend Elias?
你还记得埃里亚斯牧师吗
Ah, how can I forget?
我怎么忘得了
Well, I had to cut funding to one of his programs,
好吧 我不得不削减他其中一个项目的资金
and he's accused me of playing favorites.
然后他就指责我偏心
He thought that your dad should cut the shelter
他觉得你♥爸♥爸该去削减哈哈莱姆主教
at Harlem Episcopal.
收♥容♥所♥的经费
You mean our shelter? Hmm.
你是说我们的收♥容♥所♥吗
Wait, what do you mean "our shelter"?
慢着 你说我们的收♥容♥所♥是什么意思
When I was eight years old,
我八岁时
we were coming home from dinner,
我们吃了饭准备回家
and I was carrying a box of leftovers.
我带着盒打包的剩饭
We passed a homeless man, and I handed him my food.
我们路过了一位无家可归的人 我就把我的饭给了他
Hmm. Afterwards, I asked my dad
之后 我问我爸
if there was a place where homeless people ate.
流浪的人们有没有吃饭的地方
He told me about shelters,
他就跟我讲了收♥容♥所♥的事
and I asked if Harlem Episcopal had one.
然后我就问哈莱姆主教有没有收♥容♥所♥
When he said no, I said we should start one.
他说没有 我就说那我们该建一个
I see.
我懂了
Anyway, I probably should get to work today.
总之 我今天大概得去工作了
Dad, thank you for saving our shelter.
老爸 谢谢你救下我们的收♥容♥所♥
I know what you're thinking.
我知道你在想什么
It's a great program, and that's why I'm not cutting it.
这是个很棒的项目 所以我不会关闭它
I have no doubt about that.
我没有怀疑这一点
But you can't tell me that this isn't a little bit about Ali
但是你不能否定说 这和阿里
and wanting to protect something
还有想保护和她有关的东西
that was connected to her, especially now.
一点关系也没有 尤其是现在
So Rakesh was able to help Leo.
拉克什能帮助利奥
Now he's gonna help you.
现在他也能帮你
I appreciate all this, but how is this supposed
我感谢你们所作的一切 但这
to help us find Mr. Johnson's ring?
和帮我们找到约翰逊先生的戒指有什么关系
Well, most of your highend pawn shops are online now,
你说的高端当铺大部分都有线上交易了
so I scanned an image of Mr. Johnson's ring,
所以我扫描了份约翰逊先生的戒指的图片
entered a few parameters,
输入了几个变量
and now my software program's just gonna do the rest.
现在我的软件就能帮我解决剩下的事情了
And hopefully it won't take too long, right, Rakesh?
希望不用太久 是吧 拉克什
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it should scan 1,000 items a second.
是啊 它一秒大概能扫1000个物品吧
So if it's out there, we should know soon.
所以如果它真的在那 我们马上就会知道了
What if it's not? Well, then we'll figure out
如果不在呢 那我们会再找一个
another way to save the theater.
能拯救影院的办法
So do you guys usually go around
所以你们经常这样到处跑
helping strangers like this?
帮助陌生人吗
You could say that.
可以这么说
Oh, hey, we got a match.
嘿 我们收到了能匹配得上的了
Okay, looks like your ring is at Al's Jewelry Depot
好的 看起来你的戒指在53号♥和9号♥大街的
on 53rd and 9th-- or at least it was.
阿尔的珠宝仓库里 或者说它曾经在那过
What do you mean "was"?
什么叫曾经在那
It sold for $2,000?
它以两千块出♥售♥出去了
Mr. Johnson said it was worth almost $100,000.
约翰逊先生说这至少值十万
Wait, that's weird.
等等 这有点奇怪
The website just updated its inventory.
网站刚更新了它的存货
Looks like someone bought it less than an hour ago.
貌似有人在不到一小时前买♥♥下了它
That's a hell of a coincidence.
真特么的巧了
Did you tell your fence how much the ring was worth?
你有告诉你的贩商那枚戒指的价值吗
Yes.
有的
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表