剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
No.
没有
But I found something even better.
但我找到了更好地东西
Dad, you promised me if I got an A on my math test,
老爸 你答应过如果我数学考试得了A
you'd take me flying.
你就会带我坐飞机的
That's right. A deal's a deal.
没错 我说到做到
My dad's a pilot. He has his own plane.
我老爸是个飞行员 他有自己的飞机
It's a little beechcraft. I have a client
是一架小的比奇飞机 我有个客户
who's an airline mechanic. He got me a pretty good deal.
他是航♥空♥公♥司♥机修工 他给了我一个很棒的点子
Paul's a financial planner. Oh, what's that like?
保罗是一名经济规划师 那是做什么的
I mean, it must be a lot of pressure.
我是说 肯定有很大压力吧
No, it can be. My clients aren't wealthy.
不 有时候会吧 我的客户都不算富有
You know, they're not looking to build a massive portfolio.
他们又不是想做什么宏伟的作品集
They're looking to send their kids to college,
他们只是想送孩子上个大学
and make sure they can retire.
确保他们能安心退休
And if I can be a part of that,
然后如果我能促成那样的结局
it can be incredibly rewarding.
就能拿到不小的奖励
His office is filled with graduation photos of kids
他办公室到处都是那些孩子上大学之后的
going off to college... all because of him.
毕业照 都是靠他
What about you, Miles? Cara says you have a podcast.
你呢 迈尔斯 卡拉说你有个播客
Uh, yeah, I do.
嗯 是的
It's called "The Millennial Prophet."
它叫千禧先知
It's on FreeVerse.
来自一首自♥由♥诗
Come on, it's one of the highest rated podcasts
说吧 那可是平台上评分最高的
on the platform.
播客之一
It's about the God Account. Susan mentioned it.
是关于上帝账户的 苏珊说过这个
It sounds pretty crazy.
听起来很不可思议
Do you have a Friend Suggestion now?
你现在有好友推荐吗
No, no, no, no. I'm still waiting.
没有 没有 我还在等
And how do people usually react when you tell them?
那你告诉那些人的时候他们通常什么反应
Ah, I mean no one ever thinks they need help,
我想说 没人觉得他们需要帮助
but they always do.
但他们确实需要
And you always find a way to help them?
然后你们总能找到办法帮他们是吗
Yes, yes. We always do.
是的 我们总有办法
Well, cheers to that, Miles. Cheers.
好了 喝一杯吧 迈尔斯 干杯
Cheers.
干杯
What?
怎么了
Nothing, just, uh, family life agrees with you.
没什么 只是 家庭生活很适合你
Yeah, you know, it does.
嗯 是这样
I thought moving in here would trigger feelings
我以为搬来这里会触发某种情愫
I didn't want to have about Susan and what happened,
我不想苏珊还有过去的事情重演
but seeing her and Liv and Paul,
但是看到了她 丽芙还有保罗那么快乐
this happy family I get to be a part of...
而我能成为这个幸福之家的一部分
Just makes it all worth it, you know?
就感觉一切都值得了 你明白这种感觉吗
I do.
我懂
What's going on?
怎么了
The God Account sent me
在我刚刚来这里的时候
a new Friend Suggestion when I arrived.
上帝账户发给了我一条好友申请
Okay, so who's it for? Um...
是谁啊 额
Your stepfather. -
你的继父
But I-I don't understand. I mean, everything's great.
我不懂 明明一切都很顺利
You saw-- - I know, but obviously
你刚刚也看到了 我知道 但是显然
the God Account sent us his name for a reason.
上帝账户把他的名字发给我是有原因的
And whatever that is, we're gonna help him.
不管原因是什么 我们会帮助他的
Okay?
好吗
Yeah, yeah, okay.
好吧 听你的
I should get back inside.
我应该进去了
I'll call you tomorrow. - Okay.
我明天给你打电♥话♥ 好的
Everything is gonna be fine.
会没事的
Promise.
我保证
* Cocoas and coffee
可可和咖啡
So, how did the rest of the night go?
所以 昨晚之后的安排怎么样
Fine.
还不错
Yeah? I mean, we watched a movie.
是吗 我们看了个电影
I just kept catching myself looking over at Paul,
我一直盯着保罗
wondering what could possibly be wrong.
思考到底是哪里出了问题
I mean, I've been living with him for months,
我是说 我和他一起生活了数月
and all I've noticed is that he's a great husband
我一直觉得他是个很棒的丈夫
and an amazing dad. What am I missing?
也是合格的爸爸 我到底漏了什么
Nothing.
什么也没漏
Look, Cara...
听着 卡拉
Just because the God Account sent us his name,
不要因为上帝账户发推送了他的名字
doesn't change who he is, and it wouldn't have sent us
就觉得他不一样了 除非我们能解决问题
his name unless we could fix whatever's wrong.
要不然它不会把他的名字发给我们
We just gotta figure out what that is.
我们只需要找到问题在哪里
Yeah, you're right.
嗯 你说的有道理
So where do we start?
所以我们从哪里入手
We need to be honest with him.
我们要对他坦诚相待
Like you said, it's family. - Yeah.
就像你说的 血浓于水 是啊
Rakesh, you've been sitting here for a half an hour
拉克什 你都在这里坐了半个小时了
and you haven't said a word.
而且一言不发
Look, I'm willing to give you your post-breakup space,
我倒是愿意给你提供分手疗伤空间
but this vibe isn't good.
但是这里不适合
I'm sorry, it's actually not Jaya.
很抱歉 但这跟贾亚没关系
It's work.
是工作的事
Okay, what's going on?
发生什么事了
Well, I presented the apps my team and I have been working on
我昨天向公♥司♥老板展示了
to the president of the company yesterday...
我和我的团队正在开♥发♥的应用程序
And I'm guessing it didn't go as well as you hoped.
我猜天不遂人愿
No, look, I thought we had some pretty good ideas,
确实 我以为我们的想法很超前
but when she started asking me questions, I realized
但当她问我问题的时候 我才意识到
she just thought they were uninspired.
她觉得我们的想法毫无创新
Are you sure? I mean, did she say
那你确定吗 她真的说了
"Uninspired"? Yeah.
毫无创新 没错
She said she expected
她说她希望
more outside of the box thinking from her head of R&D.
研发主管能提出更多有创造性的点子
I'm sorry, Rakesh. I've been there.
很抱歉 拉克什 我体会过那种感觉
I'm still there.
其实我还没从那种感觉中出来
What are you gonna do?
所以你打算怎么办
I don't know.
不知道
It's like everything I care about
感觉像我所有在乎的东西
is imploding all at once.
在同一时间爆♥炸♥了
"Don't worry about it, Rakesh.
不要担心 拉克什
"Everything's gonna be okay, Rakesh.
一切都会好起来的 拉克什
You are a genius programmer, Rakesh."
你可是个天才程序猿呢 拉克什
I don't know who you're impersonating,
我看不出来你现在是模仿谁
but she sounds brilliant.
但听起来她可太智慧了
Are you gonna help me? There's nothing to help with.
你会帮我忙吗 没什么可帮的啊
You are a brilliant programmer and it will be okay.
你就是个天才程序猿 一切都会好起来的
In the next 48 hours?
在未来48小时吗
Because that's how long she's given me,
因为她给我的时间就那么点
and I don't know if I can pull it off
我不知道在我大部分
when most of my brain power is being used to
脑细胞都在悼念贾亚和我死去的爱情时
not think about Jaya breaking my heart.
我仅存的脑细胞能不能应付
Sometimes heartache can be a great inspiration.
有时候心碎也是一种灵感
Maybe start there.
或许可以从那里入手
I've known many of you for years,
我认识你们中的大多数人好多年了
and to those I'm meeting for the first time,
而对于第一次见面的人
thank you in advance for your support.
我由衷地感谢你们对我的支持
And knowing I have such esteemed colleagues
一路来有这么多值得敬佩的同事们
to provide guidance along the way
为我引导前进的方向
gives me a great deal of confidence.
让我充满了信心
This is a lot to accomplish your first year.
看来你第一年要完成的任务很多啊
Yes, it is.
没错
I'm afraid I don't share your confidence.
抱歉我无法像你那么乐观
I appreciate your honesty.
我欣赏你的诚实
I doubt that, but you're going to get it...
我深表怀疑 你会明白的
starting with the fact that you don't have enough money to pay
首先 你所拥有的钱还不够支付
for half of the programs that you're proposing here.
你提议项目的一半费用
I've outlined several fundraising ideas
我已经列出了几种筹款方法
for you to read over. - So your plan is to hope
你可以看一下 所以你的计划就是
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表