剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
that other people will pay for it, is that it?
指望别人给你买♥♥单 是吗
You're a long way from Harlem Episcopal.
你离哈莱姆主教还远得很呢
I know exactly where I am,
我很清楚我在哪
and I thank you for sharing your concerns,
我很感谢你分享你的担忧
and I look forward to working
我期待能与在座各位一同
with everyone here to address them.
解决这些问题
Yeah, we know it's a lot to take in.
我知道一时间接受这些东西很难
Yeah, I mean you guys were here last night for dinner
你们昨晚刚刚和我们共进了晚餐
and now I'm your Friend Suggestion.
今天我就成了你的建议好友
Got to admit the timing seems a little suspicious.
不得不说有点诡异啊
That's how it works sometimes,
有时候就是这样
so whoever is behind the God Account
所以不管是谁负责上帝账户
knows who I come in contact with.
都知道我在和谁联♥系♥
Yeah, but how do they know what's going on in my life?
但是他们怎么知道我生活中出了问题
How do they know there's even a problem to fix?
他们又是怎么知道有问题亟待解决
Hey, um, we're not sure, but what we do know
我们也不确定 但我们知道
is that the God Account is never wrong.
上帝账户不可能出错
But if there's something you can tell us, it might help.
但是如果你能告诉我们不如意的事情 或许有帮助
Honestly, I can't think of anything.
说实话 我想不出有什么事
I mean, I'm almost embarrassed to say it,
我都有点不好意思
but our lives are really great.
但是我们的生活近乎完美
Everybody's healthy.
大家都身体健康
Paul's business is doing great.
保罗的事业也风生水起
We're good.
我们很好
Actually, that that isn't entirely true.
其实 不完全是这样
For the last few months,
过去几个月
things have been a little rocky at work.
事业上遇到了挫折
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Market's been struggling,
市场不稳定
and my clients have taken a bit of a hit.
我的客户的财产出现了缩水
All the financial planners I know are feeling it.
我认识的所有理财规划师都有同感
Why didn't you tell me?
你为什么不告诉我呢
'Cause I didn't want you to worry.
因为我不希望让你担心
Everything's gonna be fine.
一切都会没事的
There's a reason my clients trust me to handle their money.
我客户放心的把钱交给我是有原因的
I always come through for them.
我总是会帮助他们度过难关的
Okay, but from now on, I don't need any protecting.
好的 但是从现在起 我不需要你的保护
You and I are in this together. Okay?
我们一切度过难关 好吗
Mmhmm. You guys mind if I wrap it up?
好的 你们介意我先离开吗
I have a meeting to go to.
我有个会要开
But if I think of anything, I'll let you know.
但如果我还想到了其他事 我会让你们知道的
If Paul is having trouble at work, then that's probably
如果保罗在工作中遇到了困难 或许那里就是
the best place to start. - What?
最好的着手点 什么意思
You mean having Rakesh dig into my stepfather's business?
你是说让拉凯什调查我继父的生意吗
Hey, you know how this works.
你也知道我们是怎么解决问题的啊
Friend Suggestions tend to hold things back.
好友推荐往往让事情步入正轨
Yeah, I know, but...
我知道 但是
this is my family, Miles.
这可是我的家人 迈尔斯
I'm not saying that we shouldn't figure out
我不是说我们不应该想办法
how to help Paul. Of course we should.
帮助保罗 帮肯定是要帮的
But I have to do this my way. Okay?
但是得用我的方法解决 好吗
Yeah, okay, of course.
好好 听你的
Oh, it's work.
是工作的事
Adam got a lead on Jonathan Carter.
亚当找到乔纳森·卡特的线索了
Uh, I have to go. - Oh, okay.
我得走了 好吧
Taxi!
出租车
To our first biweekly standing lunch date.
敬我们首次两周一次的非正式午餐约会
We're gonna have to come up with a catchier name.
我们得想一个更炫酷的名字
Mmhmm. But this is a great idea.
同意 但是这主意不错
I know how much you've sacrificed for us,
我知道你为我们牺牲了多少
so it's important for me to find ways to show you that,
所以我有必要向你展示
to show you that I can find balance in my life.
我可以在人生中找到平衡点
I really appreciate that.
我很佩服
So how did your meeting with the Bishops Council go today?
你今天和主教理事会的会议怎么样了
I knew that there would be politics involved,
我知道会有政♥治♥因素的掺杂
but I thought that they would give me
但我以为他们会给我
a grace period, you know?
宽限期
Let me get my feet wet,
先让我尝试一下
but I was met with some...
但是我却遇到了
Unexpected pushback.
出乎意料的阻碍
What, the council didn't like your proposals?
怎么了 理事会不看好你的提议吗
Actually, just one member in particularReverend Elias
其实 只有一个委员强烈反对 埃里亚斯牧师
who was not quiet about sharing his displeasures.
他从不把不满憋在心里
Well, can you talk to him? I can and I will.
你能跟他聊聊吗 我本意如此
But you know what, um, this lunch is about us, so...
但是你知道吗 这顿午餐仅关乎我们二人
what's going on with you?
所以你最近好吗
Well, I started playing piano again.
我最近又开始弹钢琴了
In fact, I'm thinking about getting back up on stage.
事实上 我在考虑是不是要重返舞台
Oh, see, now that's great.
我明白了 很棒啊
And the moment that happens,
如果真的是这样的话
I will be right there in the front row.
我一定会坐在前排
Adam, hey, I'm almost at the coffee shop.
亚当 嗨 我快要到咖啡厅了
As soon as I confirm Jonathan Carter's meeting with someone,
我跟某个人确认乔纳森·卡特的会议之后
I'll try and get a name.
我就想办法要到名字
Maybe they'd be willing to go on record.
也许他们会愿意公开的
I'll call you back.
我再打给你
Miles?
迈尔斯
What's going on? What are you doing here?
怎么了 你在这里干什么
Paul?
保罗
I know you told me to stay out of this,
我知道你跟我说不要管
but after Paul left the brownstone and jumped
但是在保罗离开褐石 坐上了
into a cab, I thought I might as well check it out.
出租车之后 我最好可以查看一下
What is it? Do you know that guy?
怎么了 你认识那个人吗
Yeah, I do. That's Jonathan Carter.
对 我认识 那位就是乔纳森·卡特
Wait, the guy you're writing your story about?
等等 就是你报道里写的那个人吗
Yeah, that's why I'm here.
是的 所以我才来到了这里
Adam brought a tip that he was meeting with someone else
亚当有提示到说会跟内♥幕♥交易的
involved with insider trading.
某个人见个面
Now we know why the God Account sent us Paul's name.
现在我们终于知道为什么上帝账户会给我们推送保罗这个人了
Paul.
保罗
Cara? Miles?
卡拉 迈尔斯
What are you doing here?
你们在这儿做什么
That man you were meeting withJonathan Carter
那个你刚才见面的男人 乔纳森·卡特
how well do you know him?
你了解他多少
Not well at all, why?
根本不了解 怎么了
Because he's involved in insider trading.
因为他跟内♥幕♥交易有关联
How do you know that?
你怎么知道
Because I'm working on a story about him at Catapult.
因为我在投石在写关于他的报道
I got a tip that he was meeting with someone
我收到提示说他和另外一个牵扯其中的人
who was also involved. Please tell me that's not you.
见面了 请告诉我那个人不是你
We should talk.
我们该聊聊了
You asked to see me, Bishop Finer.
你要见我吗 芬纳主教
Oh, please, come in.
快请进
I, uh, wanted a chance for us to chat outside of the council.
我一直希望我们俩有机会能在理事会之外的地方聊聊
I know we started off on the wrong foot,
我知道我们两一开始就错了
and I wanted to clear the air.
我想消除我们两之间的隔阂
Perhaps I can walk you through my proposals for the budget,
也许我可以跟你说说我的预算提案
and we can address whatever concerns that you may have.
然后我们再一起讨论你的顾虑
My only concern is for the integrity of the church,
我唯一担心的就是教堂的正派形象
which is why I didn't vote for you in the election,
这也是我当初没有把票投给你
nor did I confirm your appointment.
或者没有跟你约好见面的原因
Sorry to hear that. May I ask why?
很抱歉听到你这么说 能告诉我为什么吗
Your son is an outspoken critic of God.
你的儿子 一直对上帝直言不讳
You legitimized him by being a guest on his podcast--
你让他成为了他的播客节目的嘉宾
He's my son. I won't apologize
他是我的儿子 我不会因为跟
for speaking with him in public or in private.
自己的儿子私下或者公共场合说话而道歉的
Then there's your daughter. I beg your pardon?
那就说说你的女儿 你说什么
She left Harlem Episcopal your church
她离开了哈莱姆主教 你的教堂
to join an organization that isn't even affiliated with us.
加入了一个跟我们完全没有关系的组织
And then there's the woman that you're currently living with
还有那个跟你还没结婚就已经
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表