剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
Most are overcrowded and nowhere near this area.
大多数都人满为患 而且都离这里很远
No one is questioning your intentions,
我不是在质疑你的意图
but there must be a way
但你总归是会有办法
that you can raise funds to make this legal.
筹到钱使之合法化的啊
I've tried.
我试过了
I have applied for grants, but nothing has come through.
我已经申请了补助金 但毫无进展
Okay, but the hospital is investigating.
好吧 但是医院现在正在调查
How long until they figure out it's you?
他们多久会发现是你干的
They won't.
他们不会发现的
Half the nurses at New York General
纽约综合医院一半的护士
have the passcode to the pharmacy.
都有药房♥的密♥码♥
But none of them are stealing.
但药却不是他们偷的
It's a risk I'm gonna have to take.
我必须得冒这个险
There's no other way.
没有别的法子了
Well, then, let us help you.
既然这样 我们可以帮你啊
Your dad is the bishop of New York.
你父亲是纽约的主教
There must be something he can do.
他一定会有办法的
When I first had the idea about this place,
当我第一次想到这个地方的时候
I went to him.
我就去找他了
He told me that I should focus on my recovery.
他说我还是好好恢复身体最要紧
Look, I appreciate your concern...
我谢谢你你们的关心
But I'm gonna ask you to stay out of this.
但我还是需要你们别插手这事
What are we gonna do?
我们要怎么办
I don't know.
我怎么知道
Okay, went ahead and made your usuals.
好了 给你们调了你们平常爱喝的
You're welcome. What's going on?
不用谢 你俩怎么了
What did you do? Me? Nothing.
你干什么好事了 我 什么也没干好嘛
Not me, it's her parents.
跟我没关系 是她爸妈
They want us to get engaged
他们想让我们订婚
and get married and have kids.
结婚 然后生孩子
And by the look on both of your faces,
从你们俩脸上的表情
I am guessing that neither of you are ready for that.
我猜你们都还没准备好
No, not even close.
对啊 完全没有准备好
I mean, I love you, but Rakesh, relax.
我是说 我爱你 但是 拉克什 你紧张什么
Of course we're not ready.
我们当然没准备好
My life is crazy with my residency,
我的生活因为我的实习而变得疯狂
and you're running a whole department
而你却在专属印♥章♥公♥司♥管理
at IdentitySeal.
整个部门
And we've only been dating in the same state
而且我们才在同一个州约会了
for a few months.
几个月而已
Well, why don't you just say that to your parents?
你为什么不直接跟你父母说呢
They won't understand.
他们不会懂的
In our culture, there are a lot of expectations
在我们的文化中 父母对于他们的孩子
parents have for their kids.
会抱有很多期望
Mine have always had a plan for me,
我的父母一直对我有各种计划
and after all they sacrificed,
他们牺牲了这么多
I--I just can't disappoint them.
我没法让他们失望
So what are you gonna do?
所以你要怎么做
No clue.
真不知道
I mean, who would have thought that my getting my break
我是说 谁会想到我在专属印♥章♥公♥司♥上的突破
at IdentitySeal would be our downfall?
会成为我们的败笔呢
Wait, that's it.
等等 就是这样
What's it?
是什么
IdentitySeal.
专属印♥章♥公♥司♥
Me becoming the head of R&D took me from zero to hero
我成为研发主管 这让我和你的家人
with your family, right?
一起从无到有了 对不对
What if I got fired?
可要是我被解雇了呢
Rakesh, I'm not gonna let you lose your job over this.
拉克什 我是不会让你因为这个丢掉工作的
That's crazy.
这么做太冒险了
No, Jaya, we pretend that I got fired.
不 贾亚 我们假装我被解雇了
Then I go back to being zero,
这样我就又变成穷光蛋了
and they won't make us get engaged.
你父母就不会再逼我们订婚了
And we can keep on dating.
这样我们就能继续约会了
Rakesh, you're a genius.
拉克什 你可真是个天才
Wow, Dad, this place looks great.
老爸 这房♥子看起来太棒了
Look, I--I know you guys have only been living here
我知道你们才住在这几个星期
for a few weeks, but it looks like
但看起来
you've been living here for years.
你们像是已经住了好几年了
Well, I appreciate that.
我很高兴你能这么说
Um, Trish and I have worked hard
崔西和我努力让这个地方
to make this place feel like home.
有家的感觉
So, uh, were you able to talk to Claire?
所以 你跟克莱尔聊了没有
Yes, and thankfully, she hasn't relapsed.
聊了 谢天谢地 她没有复发
Oh,that's good news.
真是个好消息啊
But, um, what about her stealing from the hospital?
但是 她从医院偷东西的事情呢
It wasn't for her.
她不是为了她自己
She started an underground clinic
她开办了一个地下诊所
to treat patients who don't have healthcare.
给那些没有医保的病人看病
Oh, my God.
上帝啊
That's a noble cause, Miles,
这可是高尚的理由 迈尔斯
um, but it doesn't excuse her actions.
但这也不能为她的所作所为脱罪
She's still committing a crime,
她还是在犯罪
one that could land her in jail.
这会害她蹲监狱的
I know, but the only way she is going to stop
我知道 但唯一能让她停下来的方法
is if she gets the funds to make her clinic legal.
就是让她筹到足够的钱使她的诊所合法化
So I thought you could help.
所以 我以为你会帮上忙的
Well, there are grants that the church provides.
这个嘛 教堂会提供一些补助金
I mean, that's how I first opened the soup kitchen
我是说,这就是我第一次在哈莱姆主教区
and the shelter at Harlem Episcopal.
开办施粥处和收♥容♥所♥的原因
It's a slow process.
这不是一朝一夕就能成的事
But there is one person who could expedite things.
但有一个人可以为这个过程提提速
Bishop Thompson?
汤普森主教吗
Dad, Claire doesn't want to involve him.
爸爸 克莱尔不想把他牵扯进来
She thinks he won't understand. Her father loves her.
她觉得他不会理解的 她父亲爱她
He--he didn't turn his back on her two years ago,
两年前他没有抛弃她
and he won't do it now.
现在也不会
You want to help Claire?
你想帮克莱尔吗
You should talk to him.
那你去跟他聊
Love what you've done with the place.
我很喜欢你给这地方做的装饰呀
Very funny, Parker.
真是太好笑了 帕克
What's up?
怎么了
Well, now that you're back at "Catapult,"
既然你现在恢复过来了投石机
I figured we'd do what we do best: gossip.
我想我们是不是该做点我们最擅长的事了 八卦
No, no, that's what you do best.
不 不 这是你最擅长的事
True.
没错
What's going on with you and Miles?
你和迈尔斯怎么了
How'd your date go last night?
你昨晚的约会怎么样
Uh, it didn't.
不怎么样
Let me guess: God Account?
那我猜猜 是上帝的账户吗
Yes, but we rescheduled for tonight.
是的 但我们改在今晚了
We are determined to have a normal dating life.
我们下定决心要过正常的约会生活了
Good for you.
太好了
So boyfriend and job exactly where you want them to be.
所以你现在是男朋友和工作都如你所愿了
Boyfriend, yes. Job, not so much.
男朋友 是的 工作嘛 不尽然
Hey, what can you tell me about this Adam guy?
嘿 你能跟我说说这个叫亚当的家伙吗
He's a great writer. "A great writer"?
他可是个了不起的作家 了不起的作家
Really? You haven't read his stuff?
真的吗 你还没读过他的东西吗
No!
当然没有了
I've seen his headlines. They're clickbait.
我看过他的头条新闻 就是个标题党
It's what gossip sites do.
这是八卦网站才会做的事
What do you have against gossip sites?
你对八卦网站有什么意见吗
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that.
抱歉 我不是那个意思
And cue my exit.
那我先撤咯
I was kidding.
我开玩笑的
So, uh, what brings you down here?
所以 你怎么过来了
Curiosity, I guess. About?
我想是好奇心使然吧 好奇什么
Why you would give up writing a book about Simon Hayes
为什么你要放弃写关于西蒙·海耶斯的书
to come back to work at "Catapult."
而是回到投石机工作
Let's just say I wanted to write my own stories.
这么说吧 我只是想写我自己的故事
I respect that.
我很尊重你的选择
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表