剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
I haven't seen him since.
打那之后我再没见过他
So, why would he break things off?
他为什么会想要和你分开呢
I just assume that, deep down,
我猜可能他的内心深处
he couldn't see past my belief in God.
无法理解我信仰基♥督♥吧
But he never explained why.
但是他从来没说过为什么
You're still in love with him.
你还爱着他
It doesn't matter.
已经不重要了
It's too late.
一切都太迟了
So, an atheist falls in love with a reverend.
所以一个无神论者和一个牧师相爱了
I mean, if that isn't a movie already,
他们俩之间的故事真是
someone needs to write it.
都够拍部电影的了
You really think he'd walk away
你真的认为他会因为她信教
just because she believes in God?
所以就和她分开吗
I do! I mean, this is Daryl Watkins.
我相信 达里尔·沃特金斯就是这样的人
And for him, there is no God, period,
对他来说 没有所谓上帝 句号♥
and anyone who believes otherwise
任何相信上帝存在的人
is intellectually delusional.
都有妄想症
His words, not mine.
他的原话 不是我的
Damn straight.
真直接
So what are you gonna do? Well, I left a message
那你打算怎么做 我留言了
saying that I spoke with Valerie,
说我跟瓦莱丽谈过了
and asked him to meet me here. Hopefully he'll come down.
然后让他来这跟我碰面 希望他能来
And what is that look for?
你那是什么表情
It's Emily confirming our date for tonight.
是艾米莉 她回复今晚和我约会
She scored us a table
她在大卫·常的新餐厅
at David Chang's newest restaurant.
定了位子
Well, that is a very hard reservation to get.
那家餐厅可很难预定到位子啊
Yeah, she wanted to make sure we got all of our dinners in
是啊 她想在我完全失去胃口之前
before I completely lose my appetite.
多在那吃几次
She sounds great. And I can't wait to meet her.
听上去她很不错啊 我都等不及要见见她了
Also, I can't remember the last time
而且我都不记得你上次对和别人约会
you were this excited over someone.
如此兴奋是什么时候了
Neither can I.
我也不记得了
Who the hell do you think you are, talking to Valerie?
你♥他♥妈♥的以为自己是谁啊 居然去找瓦莱丽
Daryl.
达里尔
I'm gonna go.
你们先聊
You think your God Account
你以为上帝账户
gives you the right to go digging into my life?
给了你权力来窥探我的私生活吗
Look, I'm sorry, okay? I apologize.
对不起 我很抱歉
I was just trying to figure out why you stopped writing.
我只是想弄明白你为什么不再写作了
I told you why I stopped writing.
我告诉过你原因了
I also told you you couldn't help me.
我也说了你帮不上我
Just because Valerie believes in God,
瓦莱丽相信上帝
doesn't mean that you two can't be together.
也不意味着你们俩不能继续在一起啊
Thanks for the insight, Miles.
我谢谢你这么有洞察力 迈尔斯
Do you still love her?
你还爱她吗
Yeah. I thought so.
是吧 我就知道
And by talking to her, it's very clear
我和她聊过后发现很明显
that she is still in love with you.
她还爱着你
So, how about you just get past it,
所以你为什么不能让这事就这么过去
so you can start writing again? It's not that simple.
然后重新开始写作呢 不是那么简单的
Daryl, yes. Yes, it is.
达里尔 这事就这么简单
You've read my books, Miles.
你读过我的书 迈尔斯
I pride myself on one thing--
我一直以我的诚实正直
intellectual honesty.
感到骄傲
I've always said if I ever even found
我一直都说 哪怕我能
one shred of proof that God existed,
发现一丝一毫上帝存在的证据
that I would be forced to reconsider my views.
我都会重新考虑自己的观点
What are you saying?
你什么意思
I'm saying I didn't break up with Valerie
我的意思就是 我不是因为瓦莱丽信教
because she believed in God.
才和她分手的
I broke things off with her because I realized...
我之所以和她断绝了来往是因为我意识到
I might be starting to.
我可能开始信了
Wait, I don't-- I don't understand.
等一下 我不 我不明白
You're saying you believe in God?
你是说 你开始相信上帝了吗
No.
不
No, I'm--I'm...
不是 我 我
I'm saying I'm lost.
我是说 我发现自己迷失了
When I met Valerie...
我遇到瓦莱丽时
My life changed overnight.
我的生活一夜之间就变了样
I fell in love in a way that I didn't know was possible.
我以前从不相信一见钟情 而它却发生了
I was able to talk to her...
我可以和她交谈
Not debate--talk.
不是辩论 是交谈
You know, occasionally I'd even listen.
有时候 我甚至会倾听
One night I told her
有个晚上 我告诉她
that if she had proof that God existed,
如果她能证明上帝存在的话
that she should share it with me.
她可以和我分享
She said she did.
她说她能
Love.
爱情
She told me love was the proof.
她说爱情就是证明
That what I was feeling was proof.
我的感受就是证明
Yeah, Daryl, I don't think love is proof of God.
达里尔 我不认为爱情是上帝存在的证明
I mean, I've been in love before,
我是说 我也谈过恋爱
and I didn't start believing.
但我并没就此相信上帝
You don't think I thought the same thing?
你以为我没有过和你一样的想法吗
But for whatever reason, something inside of me shifted.
但是不管是什么原因 我内心的某处开始动摇
I don't know why, and I can't shake it.
我不知道原因 但我却没办法改变
All I can do is hope, over time,
我能做的就是希望通过时间的流逝
that I can find my way back to being who I was...
我可以回归原来的我
which is why I can never see Valerie again.
这就是为什么我不再见瓦莱丽了
I can't believe it.
我真不敢相信
He's actually worried he might start to believe.
他居然是因为担心自己开始相信上帝
Just because Daryl is questioning things,
就因为达里尔开始对事情有疑问
doesn't mean he's going to change his beliefs.
并不意味着他会改变信仰
And if he does?
那如果他改变了呢
I mean, Daryl Watkins laid the foundation
达里尔·沃特金斯是在
for everything I know to be true--
一切我认知的都是真实的基础上
how I see the world.
建立了他的世界观
And if he's suddenly open to the possibility
如果他突然发现
that there might be a higher power--
可能世界上还有高于一切的力量
that he might be wrong...
他之前的想法可能是错的
Where does that leave me?
那我该怎么办
It leaves you where you've always been.
你还是你啊
Your beliefs are your beliefs.
你的信仰仍然是你的信仰
No one can change your beliefs but you.
没人能改变你的信仰 除了你自己
Trust me.
相信我
I've tried.
我经历过
Dad, I'm just not sure what to do here.
爸 我有点不知道该怎么办了
Well, I-I think it's perfectly clear.
我认为这很清晰啊
Right.
好吧
Yeah, the-- the bishop of New York
纽约市大主教
wants me to tell the face of modern day atheism
希望我告诉现代无神论者
it's okay to believe in God?
即便相信上帝也没关系的
It's not me, it's the God Account.
不是我 是上帝账户
You know, Dad, it feels like it's sending me people
爸 我感觉上帝账户给我好友建议
not just to help them, but--
不单是为了让我帮他们 还有
But what?
还有什么
To get me to believe in God.
还有让我相信上帝
First, it wanted me to give Anna Combs her faith back
一开始 它想让我帮安娜·库姆斯找回信念
rather than save her life.
而不是救她的命
Now, it wants me to tell my hero
现在又让我告诉我的偶像
that it's okay to question everything he believes.
可以质疑自己所相信的一切
You told me the God Account
你跟我说过上帝账户
wanted you to become its prophet.
想让你成为它的先知
Prophets are tested.
先知是要经受考验的
Maybe this is the test that you're gonna have to face.
也许这就是你需要面对的
But if it wants me to start believing in God...
但是如果它想让我开始相信上帝
That's not gonna happen.
那可没门儿
Miles, I can't tell you what your path holds.
迈尔斯 我不知道你未来的路是什么样的
All I know is Daryl needs help, and you have a way to do that.
我知道的就是达里尔需要帮助 而你有办法做到
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表