剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
It's a date.
我们去约会
Speaking of dates, how was your night
说到约会 你那晚见的那个人怎么样
with what's his name? Rakesh
那个叫什么来着 拉克什
Really, what are the odds? I thought his name was Kamal.
是吗 真巧啊 我以为他的名字是卡马尔呢
You know it didn't mean anything.
你知道我们之间没什么的
Kamal's just a friend.
卡马尔只是个朋友
Wait, I'm sorry, what?
等一下 抱歉 什么
I thought your parents set it up.
我以为你父母帮你安排的呢
They did, but Kamal and I grew up together.
的确是 但是卡马尔和我从小一起长大的
One of the things I love about our relationship, Rakesh,
拉克什 我们之间的关系中我最喜欢的一件事就是
is our trust.
我们彼此的信任
That date was only for appearances.
那天只是见个面而已
I love you.
我爱的是你
I love you too.
我也爱你
Now take me to lunch.
现在请我去吃午餐吧
Okay.
好哒
Trish! Hey, Miles.
崔西 嘿 迈尔斯
Thanks for meeting me. So good to see you
谢谢你来见我 真高兴见到你
back in the city.
又回来了
Are you here for Dad's consecration?
你是为了参加爸爸的大主教祝圣礼回来的吗
I don't know yet.
我还没想好
That's why I wanted to talk to you.
这也是为什么我想和你聊聊
Being bishop is gonna require 100% of your father.
成为大主教需要你父亲百分百投入自己的精力
And even if it didn't, we both know
即便不是这样 我们都知道
he's not built to give anything less.
他不是那种会偷懒和懈怠的人
You don't think he can change?
你不认为他会变吗
A part of me is desperate to believe
我内心里的一部分非常愿意相信
that he can find the balance in all this.
他可以在工作和生活中找到一个平衡
And the other part?
另一部分呢
And the other part--feels--
另一部分却觉得
That when he agreed to be a bishop he made his choice.
当他决定去做大主教的时候 他就已经做了选择
He chose the church over us,
他选择了教堂而不是我们
over the plans we had for our life.
他放弃了我们为了生活所做的打算
I understand that.
我理解你
But how can you walk away before you really know?
但是你怎么能不弄明白就走开呢
If Dad believes
如果爸爸认为
he can find that balance,
他可以找到平衡
doesn't he deserve the chance to prove that to you?
你不应该给他个机会来向你证明吗
Prove it to himself?
来向他自己证明吗
Hey, Rakesh, we got your text. Please tell me
嘿 拉克什 我们收到你的短♥信♥了 请一定告诉我
you found something on Audrey.
你找到关于奥德丽的事了
I did.
我的确找到了
August Grenelle, Audrey's father:
奥古斯特·格雷内尔 奥德丽的父亲
He died five years ago.
5年前去世了
That's when the God Account sent Gideon Audrey's name.
正好在那时 上帝账户给了基甸奥德丽这个名字
Mm-hmm, there's more. August died here in New York,
不止 奥古斯特在纽约去世
and he was in the hospital for weeks leading up to it.
在去世之前 他住在医院几个星期
But when I checked Audrey's digital footprint,
但当我查了一下奥德丽的足迹数据的时候
she was 6,000 miles away. So for whatever reason,
发现她当时在6000英里之外 所以说 不管是什么原因
she never made it back to New York.
她都没有赶回纽约
Because that's what Gideon was supposed to do.
因为那原本是基甸应该做的事
He was supposed to make sure she was here,
他应该想办法保证她回到这的
but he walked away,
但是他却离开了没理这事
and Audrey never got to say good-bye.
奥德丽一直没有机会跟她父亲道别
We need to figure out a way to help Audrey find closure.
我们得想办法帮奥德丽 让她找到宽慰
I mean, look, Miles, we don't know anything about
迈尔斯 我们不知道她和
her relationship with her father.
她父亲的关系到底如何
I mean, if August was in the hospital for weeks,
我是说 如果奥古斯特在医院躺了好几周
chances are she knew he was sick,
她肯定知道他生病了
so why didn't she come back to New York?
那她为什么不肯回纽约呢
Wait, you think she stayed away on purpose?
等一下 你的意思是说她故意不回来的
I don't know, but I think there's a good chance that--
我不知道 但我想很有可能
it's not that simple. Something else is going on.
这事并不简单 这里面肯定有别的事
Yeah, I think she might be right.
我觉得她说的对
Audrey's AI program was designed to paint.
奥德丽的人工智能项目是可以绘画的
In order to do that, she had to teach it.
但是为了做到这一点 她必须教它
So when she gave me access to her program,
当她允许我进入她的项目时
I found she had used hundreds of paintings as reference.
我发现她用了数以百计的画作作为参考
And?
然后呢
They all belong to the same artist:
这些画都是一个艺术家的
Her father.
她的父亲
It's like she's trying to keep his memory alive.
看起来好像她一直都在纪念他
Clearly, she hasn't gotten over his death.
很明显 她忘不了她父亲的死
Maybe, but August died five years ago.
也许吧 但是奥古斯特5年前就去世了
We can't change that.
我们改变不了这事实
No, no, but we can change
对 的确改变不了 但是我们可以改变
how she feels about it.
她对于此事的感受
This is Audrey. Leave message.
这是奥德丽 请留言
Hey, Audrey, it's Miles.
嘿 奥德丽 我是迈尔斯
There's, uh, something I want to talk to you about.
我有点事想和你聊聊
You give me a call back when you get this message?
你收到留言后给我回个电♥话♥好吗
Once I hear back from Audrey, I'll let you know.
等奥德丽打给我的 我就告诉你们
It is
在这
in this lesson...
堂课上
that we are
我们
reminded...
被提醒
of life's journey.
生命是一个旅程
We must not only trust that God will put us
我们不仅要相信上帝会指引我们
on the right path...
走上正确的道路
but that He'll give us the strength to walk it.
而且还要相信 他会给我们力量 让我们可以顺利通过
Proverbs 16:9,
旧约 箴言篇 第十六章 第九节
but the story misses the point.
但是故事却漏掉了重点
And that is?
是什么呢
That we don't have to walk this path alone.
我们不必孤身一人前行
And what brings you back down here?
什么风把你吹来了
Actually, it's Trish.
事实上是崔西让我来的
She reached out to me.
她找我帮忙
She's back in the city, and she wanted to meet,
她回来了 想见我
so, I did.
然后我就来了
And...
那
What did she say?
她说什么了
She wanted to know if I thought
她想知道我的想法
you could make this work.
看你能不能行
Of course I can.
我当然可以
I told her as much on the phone.
我在电♥话♥里已经跟她讲了很多了
Yes, I get that, but
嗯 我明白 但是
when I talked to her, I got the sense she was not sold.
我跟她聊的时候 我感觉她还是不相信
Thanks, Miles. You know I feel like
谢了 迈尔斯 现在这种感觉
one of your Friend Suggestions. - Trust me,
就像我是你的好友推荐一样 相信我
what you're going through with Trish,
你和崔西之间的事情
at least there's a solution.
会解决的
What I got going on with the God Account, I am not so sure.
而我和上帝账户那点事儿 可就说不定了
Wanna talk about it?
想谈谈吗
When Gideon walked away from the God Account,
当基甸放弃上帝账户的时候
he never helped his last Friend Suggestion.
他没有帮助他的最后一个好友申请
As a result, she never got a chance to say good-bye
结果她都没有机会在她父亲死前
to her father before he died.
跟她父亲好好道别
I see, and who was the Friend Suggestion?
我知道了 那那个好友申请是谁
Her name is Audrey Grenelle. Grenelle?
她叫奥德丽·格雷内尔 格雷内尔
I--I recognize that name.
我认得这个名字
About five years ago, I was visiting a church member
大约五年前 我去医院拜访一位
at the hospital, and while I was there,
教会成员 正好我在那
I was asked to deliver last rites to a man
有人让我为一个名叫奥古斯特·格雷内尔的人
and his name was August Grenelle.
举♥行♥最后的仪式
That's Audrey's father.
那正是奥德丽的父亲
The only reason I remember is that the room
我还记得的原因是那个房♥间里
was filled with these beautiful paintings.
放置着很多漂亮的画
Apparently, he was an artist,
很显然 他是个艺术家
and his name just stuck with me.
所以他的名字让我难以忘怀
Did he say anything before he died?
他死之前有说过些什么吗
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表