剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
yes.
好的
I would love to. Thanks.
我很愿意聊聊 谢谢
Well, in the meantime, you should meet Daryl.
同时呢 你应该跟达里尔见个面
I passed along your episode to him as well.
我把你的节目也给他听了
Uh, yeah. That--that would be amazing.
好的 那真是太棒了
Thank you.
非常感谢
Daryl. Oh, yeah.
达里尔 哦 好的
Hi. Excuse me.
失陪一下
Hey.
嘿
Daryl, I want to introduce you
达里尔 我给你介绍一下
to Miles Finer.
这是迈尔斯·芬纳
Uh, it is an absolute pleasure to meet you, sir.
能有幸见到您真是太开心了 先生
I-I'm a huge fan.
我太喜欢你的书了
Your work has meant a lot to me.
你的作品对我意义重大
And I'm not sure if you've had an opportunity
我不确定你有没有顾上
to listen to my podcast yet,
听我的节目
but I would like to know what you think.
不过我真的非常想听听你的意见
I did listen.
我听了
Okay, okay, and?
是吗 然后呢
And it's just not my thing. Sorry.
不是我喜欢的类型 抱歉
Nah, okay, okay. Can I--can I ask why?
不 没关系 我能问问为什么吗
You wanna know what I didn't like about it?
你想知道我为什么不喜欢吗
Please, I would love to know your feedback.
拜托了 我真的很想听到你的反馈
What you're peddling isn't atheism.
你在宣传的不是无神论
This idea of the God Account
这个上帝账户的想法
is just a gimmick to get noticed.
只是个引人关注的花招
Now, it's creative. I'll give you that.
我得承认 这个想法很有创意
But as someone who's trying to elevate the conversation,
但你如果是想提升这个话题的讨论
to win people over through intellectual argument,
然后通过理智的辩论来俘获观众的话
what you do is quite frankly embarrassing.
你这样做事情就实在太愚蠢了
Is that enough feedback for you?
这样的反馈你觉得够吗
That's--that's plenty.
我觉得够了
Thank you.
谢谢你
Now, if you'll excuse me.
那就失陪了
I'm so sorry.
非常抱歉
I'm sorry, bro.
抱歉 兄弟
Hey, that's probably why they say
也许这就是人们常说的
you should never meet your heroes, right?
永远不要跟你的英雄见面 对吧
Guessing there's no reason
现在也没必要
to stay and hear this reading after that.
再留下来听他读什么了吧
Actually, there is.
实际上 有必要
Believers love syllogisms
信徒们很喜欢三段论
because it gives them a logical way to prove God exists.
因为这让他们用有逻辑的方式来证明上帝的存在
Whatever begins to exist has a cause.
不管什么事物开始存在 都是有原因的
The universe began to exist.
宇宙开始存在
Therefore, the universe has a cause.
因此 宇宙是有原因的
Spoiler alert, believers think it's God.
剧透一下 信徒认为宇宙存在的原因是上帝
But I could apply that same logic
但同样的逻辑我可以
to just about anything.
用在任何事情上面
The New York Giants need a defense.
纽约巨人橄榄球队需要个后卫
I can play defense. Therefore, the Giants need me.
我可以当后卫 所以 巨人队需要我
But, until John Mara calls,
不过在约翰·马拉给我打电♥话♥之前
I guess I'll just have to keep writing.
我还是继续写书吧
I see why you love this guy. He's awesome.
我看出来你为什么喜欢这个人了 他很棒啊
Other than, you know, the fact that he
当然 除了他把你的博客
completely trashed your podcast,
贬损的一无是处
and changed your entire perception of him--pretty good.
直接改变了你对他的所有认知之外 他还是很棒的
Oh, yeah, Rakesh, he didn't just trash my podcast, okay?
行了 拉克什 他不只是把我博客说的一无是处
He said I was a joke.
他说我就是个笑柄
And now he's my Friend Suggestion?
现在他又成我的推荐好友了
I mean, how am I supposed to help him after he said that?
他做了那样的事情 我还怎么帮他
No, no, no, no, no, no. Miles.
不不不 迈尔斯
You're looking at this the wrong way.
你看问题的角度彻底错了
The God Account's done you a solid here.
上帝账户一直都在帮你
You got Daryl with a problem that only you can fix.
达里尔肯定有什么麻烦是你能帮他解决的
What happens after you fix it?
你帮他解决之后会发生什么呢
He's gonna realize you're the real deal, all right?
他会发现你不是闹着玩的 对吧
He's probably gonna be so grateful,
他肯定会非常感激
he'd jump at the chance of being on your podcast.
然后主动请缨去你的博客做节目
You know what? Maybe you're right.
你没准还真说对了
Maybe this is my chance to prove to him that I can help.
也许这就是我向他证明 我可以帮忙的机会
That the God Account and me are legit.
证明上帝账户和我不是骗人的
I can't go and ask them this.
我不能直接过去问他们这个啊
Do you see how well this reading went?
你没看到这个读书会多成功吗
That chance might come sooner than you think, bro.
看来机会比你想要的来的还快
'Kay, well, I'll be right back.
好吧 我马上回来
I thought I told you I wasn't interested.
我告诉过你我不感兴趣了
Yeah, well that was before the God Account
是的 不过那时候上帝账户
made you my next Friend Suggestion.
还没向我推荐你做好友
I shoot you down
我拒绝了你
and your God Account suggests me.
结果你的上帝账户就推荐了我
Ah, how convenient. Okay, look.
这也太巧了不 好吧 听我说
I know you think all of this is some kind of hoax.
我知道你以为这一切都是恶作剧
But it's not,
但并不是的
and I'm going to prove that to you.
我会向你证明的
If the God Account sent me your name,
如果上帝账户把你的名字发给我
then that must mean you have a problem
说明你肯定遇到了什么麻烦
that I can help you with.
我能帮你解决
Now maybe it has something to do
也许是跟刚才
with your argument that you and Phoebe just had.
你跟经纪人菲比发生的争执有关
You think that's the first time
你觉得这是我跟经纪人
I've had an argument with my agent?
第一次吵架吗
Well, I got news for you, Miles.
让我告诉你 迈尔斯
Other than the occasional misguided fan,
除了偶尔遇到脑子不清楚的粉丝
my life is great.
我的生活棒极了
Guessing he said everything in his life's perfect, right?
我猜他刚才说的是 他的生活棒极了 对吗
And we both know that is not true.
而我们都知道这不是真的
What are you gonna do?
你打算怎么办
Phoebe said that she would sit down and talk with me.
菲比说她会坐下来和我谈谈
Maybe she'll tell me what they were fighting about.
没准她会告诉我他们在吵什么
Hi. - Miles, hi.
嗨 迈尔斯 嗨
Um, thank you for meeting with me.
谢谢你同意见我
Sure.
客气了
You said you wanted to talk to me about Daryl.
你说过你想和我谈谈达里尔的事
Uh, yes, um...
是的
The God Account sent me a Friend Suggestion for him.
上帝账户给我发送了他的好友推荐
Okay.
好的
And I saw you two arguing earlier,
而我早前看到你们俩在争论
and I was hoping maybe you could tell me why.
我希望你能告诉我你们为何争论
Look, I know you don't know me,
听着 我知道你不了解我
but I figure since you listened to my podcast...
但既然你有听我的播客
You know how this works. -
你应该知道是怎么一回事
And you want to help him?
而你却想帮助他吗
Even after the way he treated you?
即使在他那样对你之后还想帮他吗
He's the reason I believe what I do.
他是我所作之事的信仰
I have admired Daryl ever since I read his first book.
从我第一次读他的书起我就敬仰达里尔了
Me too.
我也是
Uh, but that ended today.
但是这种敬仰之情今日结束了
What are you talking about? He fired me...
你在说什么 他开了我
after almost 20 years.
在我差不多工作了20年后
I thought we were friends as much as agent and client...
我以为我们既是代理人和客户也是朋友
I am so sorry. What happened?
我很抱歉 发生什么了
Uh, it has to do with his new book, I...
是和他的新书有关 我
I don't know what's got into him,
我不知道他怎么了
but suddenly he's making all these demands.
但他突然提出了那些要求
He wanted me to renegotiate his whole deal,
他希望我去重新协商他的整个交易
and when the publisher threatened to walk,
然后再出版商威胁要走的时候
he fired me, just like that.
他就那样解雇了我
Okay, well, maybe there's a way to change his mind.
好的 没准还有办法让他改变主意
you know, get him to rehire you.
你懂的 让他重新雇佣你
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表