剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
To talk to you first.
我得先跟你商量下
So are you considering this?
所以你要考虑一下吗
Well, maybe.
也许吧
If I'm being honest, I'm not sure I'm cut out
老实说 我不太确定我想跟其他人一样
for retirement the way other people are.
就这么退休了
I mean, I love having the time
虽然我很喜欢没事的时候
to play chess and take a stroll...
下下棋 散散步
Well, I love that we get to spend
我很喜欢我们这样 可以花更多的时间
so much more time together, and I don't wanna change that.
陪伴彼此 我也不想有改变
Me either.
我也是
It's just it felt good doing something
这是再回到教堂去从事之前的
in the church again, to have a higher purpose.
工作感觉真好 感觉有了更高的目标
I understand that.
我明白
And I'm sure I know what you're thinking.
我知道你现在心里是怎么想的
This wouldn't be like running Harlem Episcopal.
这可不像是管理哈莱姆主教
It could be something...
这有可能就是一件
I just do.
应该是我做的事情
Arthur, we both know
亚瑟 你我都知道
there has never been anything in your life you "just do."
你的生命里没有什么事是你应该做的
When you care about something,
当你很在意某件事的时候
you give your whole self over to it.
你就会全身心投入去做
I was just hoping that this next chapter of our lives
我只是希望以后的日子里
was gonna be about us finding a new purpose together.
我们可以一起找到新的目标
Is that okay? Of course.
好吗 好的
I'll talk to Bishop Thompson and tell him
我会去跟汤普森主教说
I'm not gonna take the job.
那份工作我不要了
I know what happened six months ago,
我知道六个月前发生了什么事情了
why Joy felt so compelled to go looking for Lauren.
为什么乔伊这么急着去见劳伦了
Who's that?
这个是谁
That is Joy's grandfather Kai.
这是乔伊的祖父 凯
He died a couple of weeks before Joy unsealed
他是在乔伊窃取劳伦的收养记录
Lauren's adoption records.
的前几周去世的
"To Grandpa Kai,
纪念祖父凯
"the only family I've ever known.
我唯一的家人
I will feel your loss always."
我永远怀念您
It makes sense.
解释得通
After losing the only family she has,
在失去唯一的家人之后
she decides there's only one person
她决定让另一个唯一的家人来
that can fill that void.
填补空缺
Lauren. I gotta talk to Joy.
也就是劳伦 我得找乔伊聊聊
Hey, Miles, what about the gallery opening?
嗨 迈尔斯 那画廊开幕的事情怎么办
I mean, we don't know how long
我们也不知道
Audrey Grenelle's gonna be there.
奥德丽·格雷内尔会在那边待多久
You're right. I'll meet you there.
你说得对 我会在那边跟你们碰头的
We need to talk.
我们需要聊聊
If I said "no," would it matter?
如果我说不聊你就会走开了吗
I know you lost your grandfather
我知道你的祖父六个月之前
six months ago.
去世了
Yeah, so what?
是啊 然后呢
I read the tribute that you wrote about him.
我看到了你写的关于他的悼词
Sounds like an amazing guy.
听起来是个很棒的人
He was.
确实是
He grew up in Hawaii.
他是在夏威夷长大的
Oh, he was an incredible surfer.
他冲浪非常厉害
My parents split when I was young,
我的父母在我小时候就分开了
and he moved to Chicago and raised me on his own.
然后他就搬到了芝加哥 独自抚养我
When I got pregnant and decided I wasn't
我怀孕之后觉得自己还没有准备好
ready to be a mother...
去当一名母亲
He was so supportive.
他是那么地支持我
He told me...
他跟我说
that giving her up didn't mean that I didn't love her.
放弃她并不意味着我不爱她
It meant that I loved her enough
正是因为我足够爱她 才会想要确保她能
to make sure she could have the best life possible...
有一个最棒的人生
The life that...
一个当时我没有办法
I couldn't give her back then.
给她的人生
And he was right.
他是对的
Lauren has a great life with parents who love her.
劳伦现在跟着深爱她的父母拥有了一个很棒的生活
I know that.
我知道
You think I wanna hurt them,
你觉得我想要伤害他们
that I don't understand what telling Lauren might do?
觉得我不明白告诉劳伦她的话会怎么样
But she's looking for me.
但是她在找我
She wants to know who she is; where she comes from.
她想知道她是谁 来自哪里
I won't turn my back on her again, Miles.
我不能再去找她了 迈尔斯
I can't.
我做不到
This is my chance to finally give her what she needs.
这是我给她想要的生活的最后机会
Hey, Rakesh, now is not a good time.
喂 拉克什 现在不是时候
Are you with Joy?
你现在和乔伊在一起吗
Yeah, why?
是的 怎么了
Well, I got a ping
我收到脸书上劳伦
on that Facebook group Lauren joined,
加入的那个群的提醒
and she's got the results back from her 23andMe test.
她已经收到DNA鉴定公♥司♥的结果了
There's been match.
有匹配结果
Some third cousin, he lives in Chicago.
是个第三代堂兄妹 他住在芝加哥
Problem is, she's headed there now.
问题是 她现在就往那边去了
What do you mean? To Chicago?
什么意思 她去芝加哥了吗
Yeah, yeah, she bought a bus ticket
是的 她用她爸爸的信♥用♥卡♥
with her dad's credit card.
买♥♥了一张大巴票
We were gonna call them, but they live uptown,
我们本来打算打电♥话♥给他们的 但是他们住在郊区
and you guys are closer to the station.
你们离车站近一点
I'm gonna send you the address,
我把地址发给你
but you gotta hurry, Miles.
但是你们要快点了 迈尔斯
It leaves in, like, half an hour.
大概半小时后就发车了
Okay, you get Lauren's parents
你们去接一下劳伦的父母
and meet us there.
我们那边碰头
Miles, Audrey Grenelle is
迈尔斯 奥德丽·格雷内尔应该
supposed to be here any minute.
随时都会到了
This is our only chance.
这是我们唯一的机会了
I know, but this is more important.
我知道 但是这件事更重要
Come on, let's go get your daughter.
走吧 我们去找你的女儿
Hey, There she is.
嗨 她在那里
Wait, Miles, wait.
等等 迈尔斯 等下
I need to do this alone.
我自己来
Wait, do--do what?
等等 你要做什么
I thought we were coming down here
我以为我们来这里是
to make sure she doesn't get on that bus.
为了确保她没有登上大巴车
We are.
是啊
You need to trust me.
你要相信我
Joy!
乔伊
Hey, Lauren.
嗨 劳伦
You're the lawyer. Joy.
你是那个律师 我叫乔伊
Mind if I sit?
介意我坐下吗
What are you doing here, anyway?
你怎么会在这里
Wait, did my parents send you?
等等 是不是我父母派你来的
No, but they know you're here,
不是 但是他们知道你在这里
and they know why.
也知道你干什么去
No, they don't.
不 他们明白
They don't understand why I need to do this.
他们不明白为什么我要这么做
Why do you?
那你说是为什么
Why do you have to know?
为什么非得知道
Because I don't know who I am.
因为我不知道我是谁
Well, not really.
也不是
I mean...
我是说
I really love my parents,
我真的很爱我的父母
but I don't know anything about where I come from
但是我对我的身世一无所知
or who my relatives were.
或者我的亲戚是谁
And you think some distant cousin is going to help
然后你觉得远房♥亲戚会帮你
fill that in?
找到线索吗
It's something.
也是线索啊
I would take anything over not knowing.
有线索总比什么都没有强
I think I can help you with that.
我觉得我可以帮你
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表