剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
outside of wedlock.
同居的女人
I have no idea whether she even attends church.
我甚至不知道她是不是会来教堂的
So your objections to my proposals are
所以反对我的原因都是私人的
personal, not political.
不是政♥治♥上的
If you truly love this church,
如果你真的爱这个教堂的话
you'll consider stepping down,
你就应该考虑退出
and let someone with more traditional values step in.
为更有传统价值观的人让路
Good day, Bishop Finer.
再见 芬纳主教
What Jonathan's doing is technically not illegal.
乔纳森的所作所为严格意义来说不是非法的
What does "technically not illegal" mean?
严格意义不是非法是什么意思
There's a fine line between
你非法获得的内♥幕♥消息
insider information you obtain illegally
和你碰到要用的信息是大家
and information you just happen to come across
都可以自♥由♥使用的之间是有
which anyone is free to use.
一条界限的
And where Jonathan gets his information
而乔纳森获取这个信息的方式
falls on the right side of that line.
是合理的
Okay, so where is Jonathan getting his information from?
好吧 那他的信息是从哪里得知的
He's got this friend
他有个司机朋友
who chauffeurs half the CEOs in New York around.
为大概一半的纽约的总裁们开车
And sometimes he overhears something
有时候他会无意中听到一些事情
and passes it on.
然后告诉别人
But it's why I met with him today.
但是这就是我今天见他的原因
I need one of those tips.
我需要一些建议
Things are worse than I let on at the house with Susan.
事情比我在家里跟苏珊说的更严重
What do you mean? I've made some risky trades,
什么意思 我做了一些危险的交易
and now I'm looking at losses that I can't cover.
现在我觉得这些损失已经弥补不了了
If I don't fix this, I'm gonna lose everything.
如果弥补不了的话 我就会失去一切
And not just for me, for my clients too.
不只是我 还有我的客户
I have to make it right.
我必须把这事办成了
Okay, look, if you say it's legal,
如果你说这是合法的
then it's legal.
那它就是合法的
We're family. I trust you.
我们是家人 我相信你
Thank you, Cara.
谢谢你 卡拉
I'll see you at home later?
我们回家再见吧
I'm not so sure about this.
我不太确定是不是对的
Okay, look, he said it's not insider trading.
他说了不是内♥幕♥交易
Yeah, but you have proof.
是啊 但是有证据啊
Okay, you're writing a story about it.
你在写关于这个的报道
Adam never had proof, okay? He had...
亚当从来都没有证据 好吗 他有一套
a theory based on a few e-mails.
基于几封邮件的理论
Cara, you're gonna kill this story?
卡拉 你是要封锁这个报道吗
There is no story. We were wrong
没有报道 我们错了
The God Account wouldn't have sent us Paul's name
如果是这样的话 上帝账户就不会给我们推送
if that were true.
保罗的名字了
Look, this isn't about the God Account.
这件事无关上帝账户
This is about my family.
这是家人的事情
And if you can't get on board with that,
如果你不同意我的话
then I'm just gonna need to handle things on my own.
那我就自己解决好了
Look, Miles, just please stay out of it.
迈尔斯 求你不要插手了
Hey.
嗨
Hey, what are you doing here?
嗨 你在这里干嘛了
Miles called me. Oh.
迈尔斯让我来的 哦
Said he needed to talk. Oh.
他说他有话要说 哦
You okay?
你还好吗
I have just come from a meeting with Reverend Elias,
我刚和埃里亚斯牧师见过面了
and it did not go well.
不太顺利
What, is he still concerned about your agenda?
怎么了 他还在但心你的议事日程吗
Not my agenda. With me personally.
不是我的议事日程 是针对我
Well what does that mean?
这什么意思
Uh, you know what? Um, it'll be fine.
没事的
I'll figure it out.
我会有办法的
Hey, thanks for meeting me.
嗨 谢谢你来见我
Of course. What's on your mind?
没事 你有什么话要讲
My latest Friend Suggestion. Okay.
我最近的上帝推荐 然后呢
Cara's stepdad.
是卡拉的继父
I see.
我明白了
Have you figured out what's wrong?
你有没有查到问题在哪里
Yes. He's in financial trouble,
知道了 他财政上有了麻烦
and I'm pretty sure he's about to do something illegal.
而且我肯定他要做违法的事情了
Like what?
什么违法的事
He has a friend who's been getting stock tips
他有个朋友 一直会从一个为很多总裁当司机的
from a chauffeur who drives CEOs around.
人那里得到一些关于股票的建议
Now he's claiming it's not insider trading
他自己说这不是内♥幕♥交易
'cause it's just something the guy overheard.
而只是那个人无意中听到的消息
Miles, my first husband was in finance.
迈尔斯 我的第一任丈夫是金融界的
If the tips the chauffeur is sharing
如果司机听到的消息是
is information that is not available to the public,
对外不公开的
it is definitely insider trading.
那这绝对是内♥幕♥交易了
There is no gray area to it. - What does Cara have to say?
没有中间地带 卡拉怎么说
She wants to believe her stepdad,
她想要相信她的继父
and told me to stay out of it.
让我不要管了
It's hard to see clearly when it comes to family.
当涉及家人的时候往往会被蒙住双眼
I mean, people want to believe the best,
人们总是想相信最好的情况
but if the God Account sent you his name, don't you have
但是如果上帝账户把他的名字推送给了你 你不是应该像帮助
to help him like you would any other Friend Suggestion?
其他好友推荐那样去帮助他吗
But this isn't like any other.
但是现在的情况不一样
If I stop Paul from doing this,
如果我阻止保罗的话
I'm choosing the God Account over Cara.
那就等于上帝账户和卡拉之间我选择了上帝账户
And what if that costs me my relationship?
要是因为这件事牺牲了我和卡拉之间的感情怎么办
That's exactly what Gideon said would happen.
基甸就是这么说的
I can't risk that.
我不能冒这个险
Look, you know what the right decision is here.
听着 你知道什么是正确的决定
You're just hoping not to have to make it,
你只是希望不是你来做这个决定
but you do.
但是就是你
The God Account brought you and Cara together.
上帝账户让你们在一起
After all this time, you really think it's gonna take her away
经过这么多事情 你觉得就因为你做了正确的决定
from you for doing what's right?
卡拉就会离开你吗
No, no, I don't. Then you have your answer.
不 我不这样认为 那你就有答案了
The only question is: do you have a way to help Paul?
唯一的问题是 你有没有办法帮助保罗
Yeah.
对
Hey, did the Jonathan Carter lead pan out?
乔纳森·卡特的线索有没有成功
Uh, it was a dead end. He showed up,
那个线索不行 他出现了
but didn't meet with anyone. - It's okay, we don't need it.
但是他没有见任何人 没事 我们不需要
We have enough to publish. - Uh, no, no, we don't.
我们已经有很多东西可以出版了 不 我们没有
Yeah, we do.
我们有
I got an anonymous tip about a chauffeur with ties
我收到一个匿名举报关于乔纳森·卡特
to both Jonathan Carter and six Fortune 500 CEOs.
和财富500强的总裁都有关系的司机
I tracked him down.
我追踪到了他的位置
Guy is ground zero for the leaks.
这家伙是泄密事件的罪魁祸首
Got him to go on record. We're good.
把他的事情公布于众 我们可以
You got this from an anonymous tip?
这些消息是匿名举报吗
Yeah, what's wrong?
是的 怎么了
You gave Adam what he needed to run the story.
你给了亚当他需要的来继续报道
Why would you do that?
为什么要这么做
Look, I know you are upset,
我知道你很难过
but publishing the story puts Jonathan Carter
但是把这片报道发布出来的话会让乔纳森·卡特
under a microscope.
完全暴露出来的
He won't make any trades now,
他现在不会做任何交易
which means we have taken that option from Paul.
也就是说我们也阻止了保罗做任何的交易
Yeah, but you also took away the only option he had
是的 但是你也夺走了他
to give his clients their money back.
把客户们的钱还回去的唯一机会
How is he supposed to make this right now?
他现在要怎么办呢
Look, all I know is that he wasn't gonna be able
我所知道的就是 如果他进了监狱
to make right by anyone if he ended up in prison.
就再没机会把事情纠正过来了
You know, when you got a Friend Suggestion
当你的好友推荐
for your Uncle Terrance and this was about your family,
是特伦斯叔叔的时候 他是你的家人
you gave him the benefit of the doubt.
你就会觉得他是无辜的
But when it comes to my family,
但当这事涉及到我的家人时
you can't give me the same consideration?
你就不能一视同仁吗
I gave Uncle T the benefit of the doubt, and because of that,
因为我觉得特伦斯叔叔没有错 结果就因为这样
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表