剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
No one can change Daryl Watkins' mind.
没人能改变达里尔·沃特金斯的想法
He's always been stubborn, arrogant, difficult,
他一直很固执 傲慢又难处
but reason would always prevail in the end.
但理智总归会占上风
Clearly reason has gone out the window.
很显然理智已经喂了狗
Look, I know Daryl and I
听着 我知道
did not get off on the right foot,
达里尔和我的关系一开始不是那么好
but maybe I can talk to him,
但我没准可以和他谈谈
figure out what's going on.
看看发生了什么
I wouldn't hold your breath.
别抱太大希望
But if you wanna try,
但如果你一定要试
he writes on the third floor of the philosophy library,
他在市区哲学图书馆三楼
downtown.
写作
Okay.
好的
You ready to order, sweetie?
你准备好点单了吗 宝贝
Uh, you're Marsha Smith, right?
你是玛莎·史密斯对吧
I'm sorry. Do I know you?
不好意思 我们认识吗
No, no. My name's Cara Bloom.
不 没有 我叫卡拉·布鲁姆
I'm an online journalist
我是一名供职于
for a magazine called "Catapult."
投石杂♥志♥的网络记者
I'm working on a profile of Alphonse Jeffries
我正在起草阿方斯·杰弗里斯的简介
and your name came up.
然后看到了你的名字
I don't have anything to say about him.
关于他我没有什么好说的
Look, I'm sorry if this brings up difficult memories,
听着 如果这勾起了不好的回忆的话我很抱歉
but I know he was the father of your son, Corey.
但我知道他是你儿子科里的父亲
And from the research I've done,
而从我的调查来看
it doesn't seem like he was in his life.
他就跟没出现在你的人生里一般
I'm just trying to understand why.
我只是想弄清这是为什么
I think it's best you go.
我觉得你最好要离开
I'm just trying to get the story right.
我只是想理清整个故事
Please? It'll only take a minute.
拜托了 用不了多久的
Everyone likes to paint the picture
每个人都希望能为阿方斯作传
of Alphonse, the self-made man,
白手起家的人
someone to aspire to be.
大家想成为的人
But the truth?
但事实呢
He is a selfish narcissist
他就是个自私的自恋狂
who wanted nothing to do with his own son.
一个不愿意和自己亲生儿子扯上关系的人
You want to write a story about him?
你想要写篇关于他的文章吗
Be sure to include that.
请确保文章里包含了这一点
Okay. I will.
好的 我会的
If you'll tell me what happened...
如果你能告诉我发生了什么
Hey, I was raised by a single parent.
嘿 我也是单亲家庭长大的
I know how hard that can be.
我知道这有多困难
But you managed to raise a son that got into West Point.
但你还是成功培养出了能上西点军校的儿子
You must be proud.
你一定很自豪吧
I am.
我是很自豪
Not that Corey made it easy.
并不是说科里让事情变得简单了
My son went out of his way
我儿子尽他所能
to outdo the father who left him behind.
来超越这个遗弃了他的父亲
He played football better than Alphonse did,
他足球比阿方斯踢得好
outperformed him in the military,
在军队里的表现也胜过他
and, unlike Alphonse, who was drafted
而且和阿方斯这个应征入伍后
and then got out as quick as he could
尽可能尽快逃离
to start building his empire,
去创立自己的商业帝国的人不同
Corey found his calling in the service.
科里 在服役中找到了自己的使命
Made it his career.
把这当作他的事业了
Really?
真的吗
I-I read that he was discharged 10 years ago.
我听说他10年前就退伍了
I need to get back to work.
我得去工作了
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I'm not trying to cause any trouble.
我没想给你惹麻烦
I just thought you might be able
我只是以为你可以
to get me in touch with Corey. - No, I can't.
让我联♥系♥上科里 不 我不行
He doesn't live in the States anymore.
他已经不住在美国了
Please don't contact me again.
请不要再与我联♥系♥了
I thought I was stubborn. You need to find a hobby, kid.
我以为我够固执了 你得去找个爱好 孩子
Phoebe told me that I might be able to find you here.
菲比告诉我我大概能在这找到你
And she also told me that you fired her.
她还告诉我你炒了她
Do me a favor and remind me
帮我个忙 提醒我一下
why that's any of your business.
这关你什么事了
I am just trying to figure out
我只是想知道
why the God Account sent me your name.
为什么上帝账户给我发了你的名字
Now, clearly there is something
很明显 你的生活
going on in your life. I can help.
发生了什么 我能帮上忙
Yeah, you know how ridiculous you sound
是啊 你知道你大老远跑这儿来
running around here, doing the God Account's bidding?
给上帝账户打杂听起来有多滑稽吗
It's just another form of worship.
这只是另一种崇拜
Face it. The difference between you
面对现实吧 你和那些
and the people who pray at church every week
每周去教堂祈祷的人的区别
is the word "account."
就在于念叨的名字多了个 账户
Look...
听着
Maybe I do sound a little ridiculous.
我也许听着点可笑
But after helping every single person
但是在帮助了
that the God Account has sent me,
上帝账户告诉我的人之后
seeing people's lives change for the better,
看过人们的生活逐渐变好
I've stopped worrying about how it sounds,
我已经不再介意这听起来是不是可笑了
and started focusing on helping them...
而是把重点放在帮助他们身上
even when they're someone
即使当他们是我敬仰了大半辈子
I've admired for most of my life
并且我内心深处有点希望
that a part of me wishes I had never met.
我们从未谋面的人时也是如此
I get that a lot.
这些话我听得可多了
So then, why do you want to help me, Miles?
所以呢 你为什么想帮我呢 迈尔斯
And then don't fall back on the God Account.
请不要再绕回上帝账户上去了
Tell me why you want to.
告诉我你想帮我的理由
Because you are a man
因为你是我迷失方向时
that emerged from Harlem
从哈林区崛起
with a voice and an ideology
带着我当时正需要的
that I needed in a time where I felt lost.
言论和想法的人
You singlehandedly forged
你独自一人
the way for me...
为我开路
For a lot of us.
为无数个我们开路
I'm not that guy anymore.
我已经不是那个人了
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
You for real?
你认真的吗
You really just want to help me, no strings?
你真的只是想帮我 不求回报的吗
No strings.
不求回报
I told Phoebe
我让菲比
to demand more money from my publisher
向发布商要求更高的酬金
because I didn't know what else to do.
因为我不知道还能做什么了
I didn't know how else to get out of it.
我不知道还能怎么做来逃离这一切
Get out of it?
为什么逃离
Why wouldn't you wanna publish your book?
你为什么不想发行你的书
Because there is no new book.
因为已经没有新的书了
Okay?
好吗
And what you heard today, that's all I have.
你今日所听到的一切 已经是我能想到的一切了
That's all I'll ever have. - Why?
是我所有的一切了 为什么
Because three months ago, I realized I was a fraud,
因为三个月前 我意识到自己就是个骗子
and no matter how much I keep trying,
不管我多努力地尝试
I will never be able to write again.
我都无法再次写作了
And you can't help me. I wish you could.
而你帮不到我 我倒是希望你能
But it's over. And so am I.
但一切都结束了 我也一样
I just don't understand it.
我就不懂了
How could the guy who wrote the definitive book on atheism
撰写了无神论权威著作的人
suddenly think he's a fraud and unable to write?
怎么会突然觉得自己是个骗子并无法写作了呢
Well, writer's block is usually personal.
写作瓶颈一般都很私人
I mean, trust me. I know.
相信我 我懂
Yeah, but something
是啊 但是三个月前
clearly happened three months ago.
肯定是发生了什么
You know, there was a moment when he was admitting to me
你知道吗 有一个瞬间他对我承认了
everything that was going on, where I saw real pain.
发生过的一切 当时我能感受到真正的痛苦
It was the first time that I saw him as a Friend Suggestion
那也是我第一次把他看作好友推荐
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表