剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
Abe, she died in Auschwitz. That's not your fault.
安倍 她死在奥斯维辛集中营 不是你的错
No, no.
不不
I never told anyone the story about when we got separated,
我从没跟人讲过我们走散的事
not even my wife.
甚至是我妻子
When we jumped from the train, we took off on foot.
我们跳下火车 开始步行
I heard the shouting from the German soldiers.
我听到了德国士兵的呼喊
It all happened so fast.
一切都发生得太快了
I lost my grip on Rose's hand,
我没抓住萝丝的手
and I got scared,
我怕极了
and I ran.
我逃跑了
I ran.
我逃跑了
And I got to the woods,
我跑到了森林里
turned around, and she wasn't there anymore.
转头看周围 她已经不在那了
And then she was gone.
她消失了
Abe, you were a child.
安倍 你那时还是个孩子
You can't blame yourself. Oh, yes I can.
你不能责怪自己 都怪我
I could have held on tighter.
我本能抓得紧点的
I should have gone back.
我应该回去的
I was her big brother.
我是她大哥
I was supposed to protect her, yes?
我应该保护她的 对吗
No, I didn't.
但是我没有
And there's nothing you or your God Account
你和你的上帝账户
can change about that.
都无法改变这一点
No.
不能
So Miles is trying to give back the God Account,
所以迈尔斯打算把上帝账户还回去了
and that's a good thing, right?
那是好事 对吧
It means you two can be together.
这意味着你们又能在一起了
In theory, yes,
理论上是
but we've never really gotten close
但我们都没查出来
to finding out who's behind this,
到底谁是幕后上帝
and even if we did,
就算我们真的找到了
I mean, there's no reason that they would just
他们也不会就这样
let him walk away.
让他走的
Isn't it worth trying to find out?
难道不值得一试吗
If I go down this road again
如果我再这样走下去
and it doesn't work out,
行不通
my heart would be broken twice,
我会心碎两次
and I don't think I could take that.
我觉得我承受不了
So that's what this is all about.
所以就是因为这了
Oh, honey, I understand.
宝贝 我明白
Believe me, I do.
相信我 我真的明白
I spent a big part of my life avoiding pain,
我很多时候都在躲避痛苦
but the problem is, if you do that,
但问题是 要是你真的那样做了
the best parts of life will pass you by.
你生命中最美好的时光也会与你擦肩而过
Reaching out to me,
跟我重归于好
you risked heartbreak all over again.
也是你冒着再次心碎的风险
And yet here we are.
但我们还是做到了
Can you tell me it wasn't worth it?
你告诉我这不值得吗
It was.
值得
So if there's some small chance Miles can pull this off
所以就算迈尔斯能把这件事处理好的机会很渺茫
and there's hope for you two,
你们俩还是有希望的
then I think it's worth taking that risk again.
我觉得值得冒险再试一次
Poor Abe.
可怜的安倍
He waited 75 years to find out
他等了75年发现
his sister died in Auschwitz?
他的妹妹死在奥斯维辛集中营
He blames himself for what happened to Rose.
他为萝丝的遭遇而自责
I don't know how we can fix that.
我不知道咱们能不能解决好
Maybe there's something else we're supposed to do for him.
也许我们能为他做点别的事
Yeah, well, this would be a great time
这次没准
for the God Account to point you in the right direction.
是等待上帝指引正确道路的时候了
Wait, no, don't bother. It's my phone.
别急 是我手♥机♥
And it's not the God Account.
不是上帝账户
It's just a reminder for my interview
这只是提醒我30分钟后
with New York Sun, which is in 30 minutes.
去纽约太阳面试
That can't be right. When was it supposed to be?
那不可能 原本应该啥时候
I swear it was scheduled for later today.
我肯定是在今天晚些时候
I--I--I must have gotten the time mixed up.
我一定是把时间搞错了
I'm sorry. I have to go.
抱歉 我得走了
Oh, speaking of New York Sun,
说到纽约太阳
were you able to find anything on Alphonse Jeffries?
你有找到任何关于阿方斯·杰弗里斯的资料吗
65 years old,
65岁
graduated from Howard University in 1979,
1979年毕业于霍华德大学
and a member of Spring Meadow Golf Club.
也是春天草地高尔夫俱乐部的会员
Also we've always assumed whoever's behind this
另外我们总猜测背后的人
has some type of connection to you,
和你有某种联♥系♥
but I can't find anything online
但我在网上找不到任何
that links the two of you together.
能够联♥系♥起你们俩的东西
Maybe we dig into Jeffries the old-fashioned way.
也许我们可以用从前那种古老的方式找到他
What do you mean?
你啥意思
Come with me to my interview
跟我一起去纽约太阳
at New York Sun.
的面试
Maybe we can talk to him in person
没准我们能和他面对面谈
and ask him directly
直接问他
what his association is with the God Account.
他跟上帝账户有什么关系
Don't you think it might be a little weird
你觉得我直接出现在你的会议上
if I just showed up to your meeting?
不会有些奇怪吗
Hmm, every lawyer needs a good paralegal.
每个律师都需要一个好的律师助理
You got a suit?
你有正装吗
Mr. Baker?
贝克先生
Can I help you?
需要帮助吗
Hi, I'm Joy Chen
嗨 我是乔伊·陈
from the Cook County Public Defenders Office.
来自库克郡公共辩护律师办公室
This is my colleague Miles Finer.
这是我的同事迈尔斯·芬纳
I'm here regarding my fraud case out of Chicago.
我是来处理芝加哥诈骗案的
So--I'm sorry but I thought our meeting was at 4:00.
抱歉 我以为我们的会议是4点开始
You know, I thought the same thing.
我也以为
You wouldn't happen to have a few moments right now?
你现在有空吗
Unfortunately I'm about to head into a meeting,
我得去开会了
but I've already prepared everything
但我已经准备好
that you'll need for your case.
你的案子需要的材料了
You're more than welcome to come back later
如果你有任何问题
if you have any questions. I will do that.
欢迎你过一会再来 好的
In the meantime I was hoping you could introduce me
我希望你能把我
to Alphonse Jeffries.
介绍给阿方斯·杰弗里斯
His expertise would be
他的专业知识
very beneficial to my case.
对我的案子很有帮助
I don't know how that'll help,
我不知道这有什么用
but even so,
但即便如此
Mr. Jeffries splits his time
杰弗里斯先生在这
between here and the Hartford office.
和哈特福德的办公室两头跑
He's in Connecticut today.
他今天在康涅狄格
Sorry to interrupt but can I have a quick word?
抱歉打断一下 我能跟你说两句话吗
Excuse me for a second.
失陪一下
Can I ask you something?
问你个事
What are the chances both of you got the time
你们俩都记错会议时间的概率
for this meeting wrong? Slim to none.
有多大 几乎不可能
What are you thinking? Check this out.
你在想什么 看看这个
It's a list of all of the companies
这是纽约太阳合作
New York Sun does business with,
的公♥司♥清单
one of which is Berkley's Auction House.
伯克利的拍卖♥♥行也在其中
You think the God Account somehow changed our meeting?
你觉得上帝账户改变了我们的会议时间
Maybe that's why the God Account
可能这就是上帝账户
brought us down here early.
把我们早早带到这里的原因
Sorry to cut this short
抱歉打扰下
but I need to get to my meeting.
但我得赶去会议了
Just one final question.
最后一个问题
I couldn't help but notice
我不禁注意到
you're in partnership with Berkley's.
你们和伯克利的合作关系
What exactly do you guys do with them?
你们都有什么合作往来
We handle the consignment insurance
我们为他们出♥售♥的所有物品
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表