剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
about three weeks ago, and she's waiting
现在还在
for the results.
等结果
That's what this is about,
这就是问题所在
why she's been acting out the last few weeks.
这就是她在过去几周有这样的表现的原因
She's looking for me.
她在找我
Joy, are you okay? Yeah.
乔伊 你没事吧 没事
It's just we've been trying to figure out
我们这么努力的试图找到
what Lauren's problem is, and this whole time,
劳伦有什么问题 没想到一直以来
I've been the answer.
我就是那个问题所在
You've never taken a 23andMe test, have you?
你从来没有做过基因测试对吗
No, so there's no way she can find me.
没有 所以她不可能发现我
I need to talk to her.
我需要跟她谈谈
Whoa, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.
哇呜 等一下 等一下
Joy, Joy, let's slow down for a second, okay?
乔伊 乔伊 我们别那么着急 好吗
She's 13.
她才13岁
You can't just walk up to her
你不能直接走上去
and tell her who you are.
跟她说你是谁
Why not?
为什么不能
This is clearly what the God Account wants.
这很明显就是上帝账户想要的
The God Account or you?
上帝账户还是你自己
Contrary to what you think, Miles,
和你想的正好相反 迈尔斯
I had no intention of ever telling my daughter who I was.
我从没打算过告诉我的女儿我是谁
I only came out here to make sure she was okay.
我只是想来看看她是不是很好
So, why did you stay?
那你为什么留下来了
You said it yourself.
你自己说过
When you first saw her, she was happy.
当你第一次看到她时 她很开心
But instead of going back to Chicago
但是你没有回芝加哥
and fighting to get your life back,
为回到你原来的生活而奋斗
you stayed and got a job as a waitress.
反而选择留在了这做一个服务员
So, you're telling me that's not wanting
所以你是说你不想和你的女儿
to have a relationship with your daughter?
有任何的关系
Miles...
迈尔斯
No, he's right.
他说的没错
Deep down, this is what I wanted,
我内心深处就是这样想的
but it doesn't mean that I'm wrong.
但是这并不意味着我做错了
Look, Joy, I wanna help you more than anyone.
听着 乔伊 我比任何人都想帮你
A year ago, the God Account put me face-to-face
一年前 上帝账户让我正视了
with my own past.
自己的过去
I know how hard this can be,
我知道这有多难
but I wanna make sure that you're going about it
但是我希望你能让这一切
the right way.
步入正轨
You go behind her parents' back and tell Lauren who you are,
如果你背着劳伦的父母告诉她你是谁
it could rip their family apart.
那会毁了她们的家
Of course I don't want that,
我当然不想看到那个
but what else am I supposed to do?
但是我还能怎么做
We talk to her parents, see if they would be open
我们跟她的父母谈谈 看他们会不会
to Lauren meeting with you, go from there.
允许你见劳伦 就从这步开始
Yeah, that makes sense, Joy.
嗯 我觉得他言之有理 乔伊
I mean, you guys said it yourself.
我是说 你们自己说的
Her parents seem pretty nice, right?
她的父母看上去人不错 是不是
Well, maybe they'll be open to it.
说不定他们会答应的
Fine.
好吧
Tomorrow, we'll go down to her parents' grocery store
明天我们就去她父母的杂货店
and talk to them.
跟他们聊聊
Okay, we'll see you tomorrow.
好的 那明天见
Hey, hold up.
嘿 等一下
You can give me a lift back home
我可以搭你的车回家
providing that your car
如果你的车
hasn't been ticketed again.
没有再被贴罚单的话
Nothing can ever be easy with the God Account, can it?
上帝账户安排的事没一样容易的 是不是
Oh, no.
当然不
Well, it's late.
很晚了
I should probably get going too.
我得走了
I don't want Parker to give away my spot
我可不想帕克把她沙发上原本属于我的位置
on her couch.
让给别人
Oh, so I take it
哦 也就是说
you're not moving in with your mom.
你不搬去和你妈一起住了
I don't see the upside.
我看不出有什么好处
Well, you know you can stay here.
你可以待在这
Thanks, but I don't wanna
谢谢 但是我不想
put that kind of pressure on us.
给我们的关系增加任何的压力
I think things are perfect as is.
我认为现在一切都好
So do I.
我也这样想
I mean, besides,
况且
I don't have enough closet space for you, anyways.
我也没有那么大的衣柜给你用
Okay, shoes are important.
好吧 鞋子可是非常重要的
I'm glad that you're back.
我真高兴你回来了
So am I.
我也是
Spoke with Mary Pearson last night.
昨晚我和玛丽·皮尔森聊过了
I sold her on the merits of your program.
我为你的计划说了好多好话
She agrees.
她同意了
I can't thank you enough. This is great news.
我真不知道怎么感谢你了 太好了
Well, my pleasure.
我乐意之至
I'm happy to help the church any way I can.
我非常愿意为教会出一份力
You know, Arthur,
你知道吗 亚瑟
I could use a mind like yours on my staff.
你可以帮我管理我的职员们
I appreciate that. No, I'm serious.
谢谢你这么说 我说真的呢
I've been looking for
我一直在物色一个
a chief of staff for some time now,
参谋 已经有一段时间了
someone to help me navigate the political waters.
我希望他可以帮我处理一些政♥治♥维度上的事
And I think the answer finally presented itself.
现在我终于看到合适的人选了
What do you say?
你怎么想
I don't know.
我不知道
I'm flattered, but I just retired from the church,
我感到很荣幸 但我刚刚从教会退休
and Trish and I are planning our wedding.
崔西和我正在计划我们的婚礼
But you're interested?
那你感兴趣吗
I have to talk to Trish first.
我得先问问崔西
Of course. It's a big decision.
当然 这是个大事
Take all the time you need.
你不用着急答复我
Come here and when you're done,
先来这边 然后等你完事后
can you do the vegetables, please? Sure thing, Mr. Brooks
能帮我把蔬菜整理一下吗 没问题 布鲁克斯先生
There's Lauren's dad.
那是劳伦的爸爸
You ready? Nope.
准备好了吗 没有
That's why I have you two.
所以我才让你们俩陪我来
Mr. Brooks. It's Cara, Liv's sister.
布鲁克斯先生 我是卡拉 丽芙的姐姐
We met yesterday. Of course.
我们昨天见过 对
Good to see you again.
很高兴再见到你
Yeah, it's a great store you have here.
你的这家店可真不错
Thank you, largest selection of vegan and gluten-free items
谢谢夸奖 我们是整个城里最大的素食和无麸质产品
in the city.
商店
I'm gluten-free myself.
我自己就是无麸质产品的拥趸者
It's a smart business to be in.
这行业挺小众的
True, my daughter can't have gluten either.
可不是嘛 我的女儿也不能吃有麸质的产品
She was adopted, and since we don't know
她是我们收养的 因为我们不知道
her family's medical history,
她的家族病史
we err on the side of caution.
我们宁可谨慎些
That's why I started carrying it all here.
这就是我们为什么走到了今天
That's really great that you would do that for her.
你能为了她那么做真的是很伟大
Thanks.
谢谢
So, um, what brings you guys down here?
那么 你们今天来这是为了
Well, um, here's the thing.
哦 嗯 是这样的
We're not done talking about this, Lauren.
我们还没聊完呢 劳伦
Yes, we are, Mom.
我不想再谈了 妈
What's going on?
怎么了
Lauren took a DNA test.
劳伦去做了DNA检测
Why didn't you come to us? And what would you have said?
你为什么不直接来问我们 如果我来问你们你们会怎么说
Well, I don't know, but going behind our back,
我不知道 但背着我们
using our credit card, you had to know
偷用我们的信♥用♥卡♥ 你应该知道
we'd find out eventually.
我们早晚会发现的
Look, I think we should talk about this later.
听着 我认为我们应该过会再聊这事
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表