剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
That's the thing, Ali, it wasn't one specific area.
问题就在这里 阿里 不是某个具体的问题
Your subject matter was personal:
你的主题非常私人
Single parenting and the family dynamic--
单亲家庭与其动力学
but it felt... uninspired.
但是这个主题感觉 很乏味
I feel like you've been less engaged the last few months.
我觉得最近几个月你有点心不在焉
Is everything okay with you?
你还好吗
Never better. Honestly, this is coming
不能更好了 说实话 这对我来说
as a bit of a shock to me.
有些令我震惊
Look, Ali, it's been a long road,
听着 阿里 路途艰险
but you're almost there.
但是你就快到了
Take a step back,
退后一步
re-read your thesis,
重读你的论文
and let's sit down and talk about
然后我们再坐下来谈谈
ways to rethink your approach.
如何更改你的研究方法
Okay?
好吗
$1 million?
一百万吗
Man, is this guy gonna be happy to see you.
老天 这人肯定很高兴见到你
Well, yeah, that's if you can find him in time.
是 如果你能及时找到他的话
The ticket expires tomorrow.
这张彩票明天就过期了
A ticking clock.
时间很紧啊
God Account's upping it's game. I like it.
上帝账户提高难度了 我喜欢
I'm on it. Okay.
我马上去查 好了
I'm gonna run a search for Sameer Patel in New York--
我要搜索一下纽约市的萨米尔·帕特尔
this could take a minute.
这可能要一会儿
Uh, what's that look for?
你这表情是怎么回事
Ohuh, it's Jaya. Um, the two of us
是贾亚 我们俩要
are going on a secret date.
进行一次秘密约会
Tonight's the second one this week.
今晚是这周第二次了
I'm gonna be honest.
我得跟你们说实话
This whole "sneaking around" thing, it's really
这一套偷偷摸摸的做法 真的
spiced up our relationship. Like--
让我们的感情急速升温 就好像
you wouldn't even believe-- - Okay, yeah, yeah,
你们不会相信的 好了好了好了
no, no, no, no, we get the point.
不用了不用了 我们懂你意思
Yeah, here we go.
行 有了
Um, looks like there are...
看起来纽约有
Six Sameer Patels in New York.
六个萨米尔·帕特尔
This number should correspond with the store
这串号♥码应该与购买♥♥当时的店铺
it was purchased from,
有联♥系♥
which, according to the lottery commission is...
根据彩票委员会的数据来看
a bodega in Queens.
那是皇后区的一家小酒馆
Okay, great, any of those Sameer Patels live nearby?
很好 那有没有萨米尔·帕特尔住在附近
Actually, one of them works at a law firm two blocks away.
有一个在两条街外的律所工作
That has to be our guy. Right?
肯定得是他了 是吧
Can you check to see if the law firm has a Facebook page?
你能查查那律所有没有脸书账号♥吗
Okay, let's see.
好 看看
Patel & Sons,
帕特尔父子
run by Sameer Patel and his brother Jay.
由萨米尔·帕特尔和他的哥哥杰经营
says here they're closed on Sundays.
这边写着他们周日不工作
Well, can you get us a home address?
能给一个详细的住址吗
Absolutely.
没问题
You're about to change this guy's life.
你这次去是要改变这个人的生活啊
This is it.
在这儿
Can I help you?
有什么事吗
Sameer Patel?
萨米尔·帕特尔吗
That's right.
对
I'm Miles. This is Cara.
我叫迈尔斯 这位是卡拉
Uh, we found something that belongs to you
我们找到了一些属于你的东西
that you are gonna be happy to see.
看到后你一定会开心的
You won! This ticket is worth
你中奖了 这张彩票值
$1 million.
一百万美元
I want nothing to do with that.
我可不想和这东西扯上任何关系
Uh...
额
Yeah, that's not how I saw that going.
预想中可不是这个样子的
I don't get it.
我就不明白了
Why would someone turn down $1 million?
怎么会有人拒绝这送到眼前的一百万呢
No idea, but whatever Sameer's reason,
不知道 但不管萨米尔的理由是什么
it must be why the God Account put him on our radar.
这一定是上帝账户把他放在我们雷达上的原因
Yeah, so the question is
嗯 那问题是
what happened a year ago that made him decide
一年前到底发生了什么事情能让他放弃
not to cash it? - I noticed something
这笔钱呢 我在 帕特尔父子公♥司♥
on the Patel & Sons Facebook page that could be our answer.
的脸书主页上发现了些东西可能会有我们寻求的答案
There was a memorial posting two days after
在萨米尔买♥♥到中奖彩票的两天后
Sameer purchased the winning ticket.
有一个追悼会
Look.
看
"Patel & Sons sends condolences
帕特尔父子对米拉·古普塔家族
to the family of Mira Gupta."
致以慰问
Who's Mira Gupta?
米拉·古普塔是谁
They were a couple, and from the looks of things,
他们是情侣 照片看上去
very much in love. - Okay, so,
他们非常恩爱 好吧 那就是
Sameer wins the lottery,
萨米尔中了彩票
but before he can cash the ticket, Mira dies?
但是在他兑奖前 米拉死了
So maybe his grief over losing her
也许是失去挚爱的悲痛
is preventing him from cashing the ticket.
阻止了他去兑奖的步伐
Hm.
嗯
Oh. Is everything okay?
噢 出事了吗
Yeah, it's just Ali. She needs to talk.
没 阿里发来的 她想和我聊聊
Um, look--we have 24 hours before this ticket expires,
听着 我们现在离这张票过期还有24个小时
I say we head down to Patel & Sons
我们明天首要的事儿就是去帕特尔父子公♥司♥
first thing tomorrow and see Sameer.
去找萨米尔
Yeah, sounds good.
好 就这么定了
So what exactly did your advisor say?
所以你的导师说了什么
That my thesis was both uninspired and disappointing.
我的论文缺乏灵感且令人失望极了
I'm sorry, Al, I know how hard you've worked on it.
我很抱歉 阿里 你的努力我都看在眼里的
Maybe you can rewrite it and make it great.
也许你可以重新写一份 完善一下它
What if I don't want to?
如果我不想写呢
What are you talking about?
你什么意思
She also told me I've been disengaged
她还说我已经
the last few months.
松懈了好几个月了
She's right.
她说得对
I just--I didn't know why,
我只是不知道为什么
and I haven't wanted to face it.
我不想去面对它
Face what? That maybe this paper
面对什么 这份论文可能
is a wake-up call.
是个警钟
A way of telling me...
一种告诉我
This is not what I'm supposed to do with my life.
这不是我人生中该做的事
That's crazy.
这也太疯狂了
You've always wanted to help people.
你一直想帮助别人
I know. That hasn't changed.
我知道 这点不会变的
But look at you.
但看看你
You're helping people all the time
你一直在用令人惊叹的方式
in the most amazing ways.
帮助别人
You are welcome to join the God Account team anytime.
我这儿随时都欢迎你加入上帝账户的团队
You have a calling.
你有自己肩负的使命
And I thought I did too, but now...
我以为我也是 但现在
I'm not so sure.
我不确定了
Have you talked to dad about it?
你跟爸爸聊过这个吗
How am I supposed to talk about being at a crossroads
我该怎么和一个很明显会否定的人
with someone who is clearly in denial about the same thing?
谈论我现在正处在人生的十字路口这个话题呢
Uh...
额
What about your pastor
那基♥督♥降临会的
at Advent Congregational?
牧师呢
I mean, you clearly seem comfortable there.
我是说 在那里你挺自在的
Maybe she can give you some insight.
也许她能给你一些启发
Hold up. I'm sorry, um
等一下 抱歉 额
Did the atheist just tell me to go to church?
刚刚是有个无神论者在让我去教堂吗
No, your brother just told you to talk
不 只是一个哥哥的建议而已
to whoever you need to if they'll help you find your way.
无论是谁只要她们可以帮助你找到人生的方向就都可以
Thank you.
谢谢你
Parker, what are you doing here?
帕克 你来这儿干嘛吗
Chasing a deadline. What about you?
赶最后期限 你呢
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表