剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
I've read most of them. They're very good.
大部分我都读过 你写得非常好
Why do I feel like there's a "but" coming?
感觉你还有个但是没说完呢吧
But they tend to
但是他们会
get a little repetitive.
有一点点重复
I mean, they're essentially variations of the same story.
我的意思是 它们本质上是同一个故事的不同版本
Yeah, because they're a series,
是的,因为它们是一个系列
a very successful one
一个非常成功的系列
that explores the positive side of humanity, unlike gossip.
探索人性积极的一面 而不会像八卦那样
Anyways, this has been really fun,
不管怎样 这真的很有趣
but I gotta get back to writing my story.
但我得赶紧写我的故事了
You can check it out
等它排到了排行榜第一的时候
when it hits the top of the leaderboard.
你就可以好好品味一下了
Sound pretty confident.
听起来信心十足啊
Care to make it interesting?
我们要不玩点有意思的
What do you have in mind?
你有什么建议吗
Your story beats mine this week,
要是这周你的故事超过了我的
and I'll let you have your old office back.
我就把办公室让回给你
What do you say?
你说呢
I'd say start packing your stuff.
要我说 你最好赶紧收拾好你的东西吧
I don't know what to say.
我无话可说了
Stealing from a hospital? What was she thinking?
偷医院的东西 她在想什么呢
Well, she was thinking about helping people.
她当然是想着帮助大家了
Look, I--I'm not defending her actions,
我不是在为她的所作所为辩解
but her heart was in the right place.
但她的初衷是好的
That may be, Miles,
可能吧 迈尔斯
but her actions have jeopardized her future,
但她的行为会使她的未来
everything she was working for.
以及她所为之努力的事业都陷入危险境地之中
Edward, we understand how serious this is,
爱德华 我们知道这很严重
but there is a solution.
但还是有办法的
Claire has been applying for grants
克莱尔一直在申请补助金
to make her clinic legal,
使她的诊所合法化
and we were hoping that you could help.
我们希望你能帮上忙
She was afraid to come to you,
她不敢来见你
how you would judge her.
因为怕你会说她
So this is a chance for you to be there for her
所以这是一个可以让你一直
as you always have.
像以前一样陪在她身边的机会
You're right, Arthur.
你说得对 亚瑟
My daughter needs me and I--I can't let her down.
我女儿需要我 我不能让她失望
Uh, thank you,
谢谢你
both of you.
谢谢你们
I'll, um--I'll go make some calls.
我去打几个电♥话♥
Claire's gonna be so relieved that her father wants to help.
有她爸爸的帮助 克莱尔肯定能松一大口气了
Yes, and once we tell her the good news,
是啊 只要我们告诉她这个好消息
we can have that date that we missed.
咱俩就能把那个错过的约会补上了
Still good for 8:00? Yeah, sounds perfect.
还是8 点怎么样 好啊 听起来就很完美
Hey. Hey, Claire.
嘿 嘿 克莱尔
What are you doing here?
你们在这做什么
Look, I know you wanted us to stay out of this,
听着 我知道你想让我们别管这事
but we spoke to your dad and he wants to help.
但我们和你♥爸♥爸谈过了 他想帮忙
Unbelievable.
不可能
That explains it.
这就解释的通了
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
My dad just called the hospital and got me fired.
我爸刚刚给医院打电♥话♥ 我被炒鱿鱼了
So thanks to you...
所以 拜你们所赐
the clinic is over.
诊所也开不成了
Wait, wait, Claire. Claire, hold up, hold up.
等一下 等一下 克莱尔 克莱尔
I'm sorry, that-- that's not what we wanted.
很抱歉 我们并不想把事情弄成这样的
Tell that to my patients.
跟我们患者说去吧
Okay, Claire, look Claire, Claire!
好 克莱尔 听我说 克莱尔 克莱尔
We just wanted to help.
我们本来是想帮忙的
"Help"?
帮忙
Not only did I lose my job,
我现在不仅丢了工作
I lost access to the hospital's pharmacy.
我也进不去医院的药房♥了
You have put a lot of lives at risk.
你让很多人生命危在旦夕
Okay, there must be something that we could do.
那好 我们现在一定还能做点什么来补救
I don't see how.
我不知道还有什么法子
If the hospital knows you're stealing from them,
如果医院那边知道了你从药房♥偷药
why didn't they get the police involved?
他们为什么不让警方介入
My dad has friends on the hospital board.
医院董事会有我爸的朋友
They agreed not to press charges.
他们同意不起诉
It's his way of fixing things.
这就是他的解决办法
You know, I'm sure he was just trying to protect you.
你知道的 我确定他是想保护你
Please.
拜托
He was trying to protect himself.
他是在保护他自己
He knew that if the cops got involved,
他知道要是警方介入了
it would become a scandal, so he swept it under the rug.
这事情就会变成丑闻 所以他就把丑闻扼杀在萌芽状态
Okay, well, hhow about I talk to my dad again
好 不管怎么说 我再去和我爸爸说说怎么样
Your father listens to him. Maybe he can sort this out.
你♥爸♥爸会听他的话 或许他能解决这事儿
Wait.
等等
You told your father about the clinic.
你跟你♥爸♥爸说诊所的事情了
Let me guess:
我想想
he was the one who wanted to talk to my dad.
这事儿是他告诉我爸的
Yeah, why?
是啊 怎么了
Arthur's working for my dad as his chief of staff.
亚瑟在我爸手底下工作 是他的参谋员
You didn't know?
你不知道吗
No.
不知道
Well, I guess having fathers who put the church first
好吧 我想有一个时刻把教会的信条放在首位的爸爸
is something that we have in common.
是我们俩的共同点
Wait, Miles, why wouldn't your dad tell you
等等 迈尔斯 你♥爸♥爸为什么不告诉你
he was working for Bishop Thompson?
他在为汤普森大主教工作
I don't know, but believe me, that's what I'm gonna ask him.
我也不知道 但是你相信我 我会去问他的
What was so important
什么事情这么重要
you both had to rush here to tell us in person?
你们俩非要急着亲自跑过来
Rakesh got fired from his job.
拉克什被炒解雇了
Wwhat?
什么
We thought you were doing so well.
我以为你做得很不错啊
Yeah, me, too, but...
是啊 我 也不错 但是
I guess I'll probably have to go back to customer service
我觉得我可能得回去做客户服务
and move back in with my parents.
并且搬回去和我爸妈一起住了
That is very disappointing news.
这消息太让人失望了
Yeah, tell me about it.
嗯 可不是嘛
I mean, obviously that means I need to get back on my feet,
我的意思是 很明显我现在得自食其力了
and--and prove that I'm worthy of Jaya
而且 在我们订婚之前
before we get engaged.
好好证明我配得上贾亚
Don't be silly.
别说傻话了
There are more important qualities
比起我们未来女婿的职业
in a son-in-law than just his profession.
我们更看重他的其他品质
There are? Yes.
是吗 是啊
I mean, you stuck by our daughter
我的意思是 这几个月来
for all those months when she was in Minnesota.
贾亚在明尼苏达州 你一直对我们这个宝贝女儿不离不弃
We want to stick by you this time.
这次我们也会挺你到底
And you heard the whole part
你也听到我刚刚说了
about me moving back in with my parents?
我必须要搬回去和我父母一起住了
Into their basement.
搬进他们的地下室
Yeah.
听到了啊
I mean, after the wedding,
我的意思是你们举♥行♥婚礼后
we'll help you find a place together.
我们会一起帮你们找到一个容身之所
Jaya makes an excellent salary
贾亚在做外科医生的时候
as a physician.
收入还是很不错的
You'll be fine.
你们会没事的
We love you, Rakesh.
我们爱你 拉克什
Miles.
迈尔斯
I'm, I'm glad you dropped by.
你能过来我很高兴
I was just about to call you.
我正想给你打电♥话♥呢
Is that before or after
你是在你的老板让克莱尔丢了医院的工作
your boss had Claire fired at the hospital?
之前还是之后想给我打电♥话♥
So she told you that I work for her father.
所以她告诉你了我为他爸爸办事
The question is, why didn't you?
问题就是 你为什么没有告诉我
Because I haven't decided if it's something that I want.
因为我还不确定这是不是我想要的
you could have fooled me.
你是骗不了我的
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表