剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
Adam wants to team up on this story
亚当想和我一起报道
about some potential Wall Street scandal
一些潜在的华尔街丑闻
Nice, but enough about work. Now that you moved out
不错 不谈工作了 你搬出了我的住处
of my place, I haven't gotten any updates on you and Miles.
你还没跟我讲讲你和迈尔斯现在什么情况呢
So, how you guys doing?
所以你们俩怎么样了
Honestly?
说实话
Things have never been better.
进展不错
I mean, it's like--whatever anxiety or insecurity I had
我是说 就像 无论迈尔斯和我之间
about me and Miles-- - You mean saying "I love you"?
有什么焦虑或者是感觉没有安全感 你是在说 说我爱你 这句话吗
You know, today I could tell he almost said it,
你知道吗 今天我看得出来他快要说出口了
but he stopped himself.
但还是忍♥住了
He's been so sweet about not putting any pressure on me.
他太贴心了 不会给我施加任何压力的
That's kinda adorable.
有点可爱
Now when I thought he was gonna say it,
现在当我以为他会说出这句话的时候
it didn't scare me.
我没有躲闪
So then, maybe it's time.
也许是时候了
Please, thank Sameer, if it wasn't for him
拜托了 替我谢谢萨米尔 如果不是他
we'd be out on the street.
我们就要流落街头了
Oh, it was our pleasure.
这是我们的荣幸
Hi, I'm Judy. Can I help you?
嗨 我是朱迪 有什么可以帮助您的吗
Hi, yes, my name is Miles. This is Cara.
嗨 有的 我叫迈尔斯 这位是卡拉
Uh, we're looking to see Sameer Patel.
我们想见萨米尔·帕特尔
Well, can I tell him what this is about?
好的 我该怎么转述给他呢
Uh, we spoke with him briefly over the weekend
周末的时候我们和他谈了一个有关法律方面的事
about a legal matter that we were hoping he could help with.
我们希望他能帮忙
It's kind of urgent. Oh, okay, yeah, he's just
有点紧急 好 他
finishing up a meeting. He should be out any minute.
刚开完会 随时可能会出来
Oh, here let me help you.
我来帮你
Oh, thank you. Mmm!
谢谢
Whatever that is, it smells amazing.
这是什么 闻起来可真香
Punjabistyle carrot pudding.
旁遮普族的特色 胡萝卜布丁
Sameer does a lot of pro bono work, so--
萨米尔做了很多公益性的工作 所以
Has he always done that?
他一直都这样吗
More so this last year.
去年做了更多
Which is wonderful, of course,
当然 这太棒了
but we could use some more clients
但我们需要更多付款
whose payments don't come wrapped in tinfoil.
而不是用锡纸包起来的客户
Is it just the three of you?
这里就你们三个员工吗
It wasn't always, but uh
以前不是这样 但是
we've had to do a little downsizing this last year.
去年被迫裁了些员工
I worked for their father when he first opened this place,
这家店开业的时候我就跟着他们的父亲做事了
so I've known Sameer and Jay since they were boys.
萨米尔和杰伊还是孩子的时候我就认识了
Practically family.
几乎算是家人了
So we'll--we'll get through it.
我们会挺过去的
I'm so sorry, Indira, it won't happen again.
我很抱歉 英迪拉 这种事不会再发生了
You say that every time
萨米尔每次忘记了一个电♥话♥会议
Sameer forgets a conference call
或者不来参加会议
or skips a meeting, but there's no excuse
你都这么说 但没理由
for missing a court filing.
连法庭文件这事都错过吧
I'll call the judge, he'll be fine.
我会去联♥系♥法官 他会没事的
The hearing is this afternoon.
听证会在今天下午举♥行♥
One more mistake, and I'm done.
再出差错 我就完了
How could you forget to file the motion?
你怎么能忘了提交动议呢
I was helping Mrs. Hunjun. They were about to be evicted.
我当时在帮杭江夫人 他们要被驱逐了
You wanna worry about people being evicted?
你还在担心人被驱逐吗
Start with us. We lose Indira,
想想我们吧 失去了英迪拉这个客户
we'll have to shut our doors. - Excuse me.
我们就得关门了 打断一下
We have new clients waiting.
还有新客户在等着
They're here for me.
他们是来找我的
Why don't we talk in my office?
来我办公室谈吧
What are you doing here?
你们来这儿干嘛
I already told you I want nothing to do with that ticket.
我已经告诉过你们了 我不想和那张彩票扯上任何关系
Look, we understand that, but the ticket expires
听着 我们知道 但这张票今天过后
at the end of the day, and from what we just heard out there,
就过期了 而且从我们刚刚听到的情况来看
it sounds pretty clear. You need the money.
很明显 你需要一笔钱
Not that way. I will never cash that ticket.
那也不会是通过这种方式 我是不会去兑奖的
Why not? Look, we know about Mira.
为什么不呢 听着 我们知道米拉
About what happened. - You don't know anything.
还有发生的事情 你什么都不知道
Okay, then tell us. Why won't you cash it?
好吧 那就告诉我们 为什么你不想兑奖
Because That ticket
因为这张彩票
is the reason Mira is dead.
米拉才死了
Okay, okay, wait, wait
好吧 好吧 等等 等一下
what do you mean the ticket is the reason why Mira's dead?
你是说米拉是因为这张彩票才死的 这是什么意思
You wouldn't understand. This is about Karma.
你不会理解的 这是因果报应
Wait, what does Karma have to do with this?
等等 因果报应跟这有什么关系
Karma is about spiritual cause and effect.
因果报应与人的思维想法以及延伸的行动力有关
Good intentions lead to good Karma,
善有善报
Bad intentions lead to bad Karma.
恶有恶报
Right, but how does buying a lottery ticket
的确 但买♥♥彩票怎么会产生
cause bad Karma?
恶报呢
Because I didn't buy it.
因为那不是我买♥♥的
I found it on the street.
这是我在街上发现的
When I discovered it was worth $1 million,
当我发现它价值一百万美元时
I told Mira I was going to cash it.
我告诉米拉我要去兑奖
She begged me not to, told me
她求我不要这么做
that cashing it was the same as stealing,
告诉我这种情况下兑奖和偷窃没什么两样
that it would destroy my Karma.
我会遭报应的
But I didn't believe her.
但我不相信她
I signed the ticket,
我写了我自己的名字
and I was on my way to cash it
在我去兑奖的路上
when she was hit by a cab and died.
她被出租车撞死了
Look.
听着
Mira's death was an accident.
米拉的死是一场意外
You have to see Karma isn't real.
你得知道因果报应不是真实的
Believe me. It is.
相信我 这真的存在
And Mira's death would be proof enough,
米拉的死就足以证明了
but it didn't stop there. In the months following that,
但事情并未就此结束 在接下来的几个月里
my car got broken into, my apartment got flooded.
我的车被偷了 我的公♥寓♥被淹了
So that's why you started doing pro bono work:
所以你开始做公益
To restore your Karma? Yes.
想争取一些好的报应吗 对
But the only way to truly do that is to return the ticket
但真正做到这一点的唯一方法就是
to its owner, and let them cash it.
物归原主 让他去兑奖
So how did it end up in that purse?
那它怎么会在那个钱包里
Because I was desperate.
因为当时我已经绝望了
So I put the ticket
所以我就把票
in one of Mira's purses and donated it,
放到了米拉得某一个包里 然后捐了出去
hoping God would unite the ticket to its rightful owner.
祈祷上帝可以把这张票送到正确的人手里
That they'd see my name written on there,
然后他们可以看到上面有我的名字
find me, and let me sign it over to them.
找到我 然后让我把名字改成他们的
I thought it had worked when you two showed up,
你们两出现的时候 我还以为我成功了
but clearly it didn't. - Okay, well, did you ever
但是很显然 不是 那你有没有
try to find the original owner?
试着找过它本来的主人
Of course.
当然
I went to the bodega where the ticket was purchased,
我去了售票的地方
but they couldn't help me.
但是他们帮不了我
What was I supposed to do, put up flyers?
那我怎么办 贴传♥单♥找吗
Who wouldn't want to claim a $1 million ticket?
说不想要这1百万美元啊
The ticket expires at the close of business today.
这张票今天下班时间就会过期
And once that happens, there will be no way to fix my Karma.
如果真的这样的话 那我的报应也快到了
Well, then we need to find the owner.
那我们就去找到票的主人
We can help you.
我们可以帮你
Help how?
怎么帮
Well, let's just say we came into your life for a reason.
这么说吧 我们两的出现是有原因的
If the bodega has security cameras,
如果卖♥♥票的地方有摄像头的话
we thought that you could pull the footage.
我们觉得你可以调出来
Well, Miles Finer,
好吧 迈尔斯·芬纳
nonbeliever and skeptic extraordinaire,
你这个无信仰者和怀疑者
has agreed to help someone restore their Karma.
竟然同意帮住一个人去去除他的报应
I would not miss it.
我怎么能错过呢
I agreed to find the original owner of the lottery ticket
我同意去帮萨米尔找道彩票的失主
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表