剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
letting me crash in the basement to save cash,
肯让我借宿在地下室 省了一笔钱
I probably wouldn't have been able to complete it.
我可能也完不成它
Wait, you've been living here?
等等 你一直住在这儿吗
What are you gonna do once the theater closes down?
影院关门后你打算怎么办
Um, still working on that.
还在想办法
And I just got the telecine file
我今天刚从研究室拿到了
for my short from the lab today.
我的短片电影文件
Shot on film. Of course.
拍成了电影 当然
Do you want to check it out? Yeah.
你想看看吗 好啊
I didn't always make great decisions.
我也有做了错误决定的时候
Ended up doing something stupid and served a few months.
我做了些蠢事 服了几个月刑
I have another year of parole.
我还有一年的假释
It's why I owe everything to Mr. J.
我欠约翰逊先生太多了
He looked past all that,
他并没有在意
but not everyone's like him.
不是所有人都像他一样
Yeah.
嗯
Is everything okay?
还好吗
Uh, yeah, it's just, uh,
嗯 就是
the job interview Mr. J set up for me,
约翰逊先生帮我安排了面试
one of the conditions of my parole is employment.
我的假释条件之一就是有份工作
So I should probably get going. I don't want to be late.
所以我该走了 我不想迟到
Yeah.
好
No.
不
This cannot be happening. What?
不要这样啊 怎么了
My film--the file-- it's saying it's corrupted.
我的电影文件 显示说它损坏了
It--it won't open.
打不开了
Okay, uh, well, can't you just transfer it again?
那个 你要不再试着传送一遍
Yeah, but it takes at least a week, and the deadline
我知道 但至少要一个星期
for the New York Film Institute is today.
纽约电影学院报名的最后期限是今天
Okay, look, maybe I can help.
好吧 听着 也许我可以帮上忙
How? Well, I'm a coder.
怎么帮 那个我是名程序员
I'm sure I can fix whatever's wrong with it.
我应该可以修好它
Okay, look, I know we don't know each other,
好吧 听着 我知道我们不认识彼此
but cinephile to cinephile, I'm gonna ask you to trust me.
但我们都是影迷 请你相信我
Look, I appreciate you guys caring,
听着 我很感激你们的关心
but if I'm gonna turn over the keys on Monday,
但在周一交钥匙之前
I've got a lot to do.
我还有很多事情要做
So if you excuse me.
失陪了
Miles, Ali.
迈尔斯 阿里
Thanks, guys.
谢谢你们
What is it? Mr. J's ring.
怎么了 约翰逊先生的戒指
What if that's what this is about--tracking it down?
如果这就是我们要追踪的线索呢
Ali, the ring was stolen a year ago.
阿里 这枚戒指一年前就被偷了
That's more than a long shot. I get that.
这不太可能吧 我明白
But look, it's the God Account we're talking about.
但这可是上帝账户
Plus, it would be kind of nice to see a long shot pay off.
而且 如果能看到长远的回报 那就太好了
You know what? You're right.
你说的对
If we can locate the ring,
如果我们能找到戒指
then he'll be able to get a loan to renovate the theater.
他就能申请到贷款来翻修影院
See if we can bring people back down here.
这样人们就又会来这里了
Hey. How'd it go with Mr. Johnson?
嘿 约翰逊先生那边怎么样了
Good. There may be a way to save the theater.
还好 也许还有别的办法拯救影院
And everyone's job with it.
还有每个人的工作
Well, that's great. How?
那真是太好了 该怎么做呢
Nice meeting you guys. Yeah, yeah, you too.
见到你们真好 嗯嗯 我也是
Okay. What is it?
好了 怎么了
She got this text that seemed to rattle her.
她收到条短♥信♥ 她好像被短♥信♥的内容吓到了
She said it was about some job interview Mr. Johnson set up
她说是关于约翰逊先生为她安排的工作面试
for her that she had to get to.
她必须得去
But I can't shake the fact that I think she was lying.
但是我还是觉得她在撒谎
Maybe because she is. What are you talking about?
也许她的确在撒谎 什么意思
Well, Mr. Johnson told us he set up an interview for her,
约翰逊先生告诉我们他为她安排了一次面试
but it's for tomorrow.
但是是在明天
But if she's not going to the job interview,
如果她现在不是去参加面试
then what was the text about? Yeah, that's a good question.
那她是要去干什么呢 这个问题问得好
I say we follow her. Figure out where she's going.
我们跟着她 看看她要去哪儿
You guys can tell me how we're going to save the theater
你们可以在路上告诉我该怎么拯救
on the way.
电影院
You up for it? Try and stop me.
你可以吗 你倒是试试能不能阻止我
Reverend Elias.
埃利亚斯牧师
Bishop Finer.
芬纳主教
Thank you for seeing me on short notice.
谢谢你这么快见我
Of course.
当然
Uh, I imagine that you're here
你猜你来是想
to talk about your program-- Fresh Start.
谈谈你的项目重新开始的是吧
I am.
是的
Needless to say, I was incredibly disappointed
毋庸置疑 在听到我们的资金被削减了的时候
to hear that our funding had been cut.
我很失望
Fresh Start helps give parolees the tools to find jobs
重新开始这个项目能帮助假释犯
after being released from prison.
在刑满释放后找到工作
It helps members of our community
它能帮助社区那些
who have absolutely nowhere else to turn.
无家可归的人
I understand.
我明白
If I could, I would keep every program funded,
如果可以的话 我会资助每个项目的
but hard decisions had to be made
但是不能 只能抉择出一个
that are good for the entire diocese.
更有利于整个教区的项目
And you expect me to believe that?
你觉得我会相信吗
Believe what you want. It's the truth.
随你怎么想 但这就是事实
No, the truth is that not a single program was cut
不 事实是哈莱姆圣公会没有一个项目被砍掉
from Harlem Episcopal, while my program was.
而我的项目却被砍掉了
And you're gonna sit there and tell me
你还要继续坐在那然后跟我说
that that wasn't personal? It wasn't.
这与私人恩怨无关吗 这的确与私人恩怨无关
I gave all programs careful consideration.
我仔细考虑了每一个项目
Well, I know that isn't true.
好吧 我知道肯定不是这样
Because if that were the case,
如果是这样的话
you would've closed the shelter at Harlem Episcopal.
你会关掉哈莱姆圣公会的收♥容♥所♥的
That shelter has served the community
这个收♥容♥所♥为社区提供服务
for over 15 years.
超过了15年
And during that time,
在那段时间里
at least a dozen other shelters have opened up just like it,
至少有像那样子的十多家收♥容♥所♥成立
all serving the same community.
他们都服务于同一个社区
My program was the only one of its kind.
我这样的项目只有一个
Your point?
你的重点是
Was protecting your shelter
保护你的收♥容♥所♥
the best thing for the diocese,
对教区来说是最好的事情
or was it the best thing for you?
或者对于你来说这是最好的事
I appreciate your concerns.
谢谢你的关心
My decision is final.
但我已经决定了
We're done here.
我们谈完了
But clearly she's waiting on someone.
很显然她在等人
Yeah, whoever it is has her on edge.
不知道是谁能让她如此紧张
Considering her past, the fact she served time,
考虑到她的过去 她服过刑
I got a bad feeling about this.
我有种很不好的预感
Hey, you know, being outside can't be good for you.
嘿 你知道的 待在外面对你的身体不好
And we don't know how long we're gonna be waiting.
我们还不知道要等多久
So why don't you just go home?
你要不先回家吧
Miles, I am cold because it is 20 degrees outside,
迈尔斯 我感觉冷是因为室外的温度才20度
not because I have cancer-- I'm fine.
不是因为癌症 我很好
Okay. Sorry.
好吧 对不起
Hey, how did it go at the doctor's this morning?
嘿 今早去看医生怎么样了
Not really the news we were hoping for.
结果不太如意
I'm so sorry, Ali.
我很抱歉 阿里
It's kind of bad timing.
现在可不适合说这个
Sort of met someone recently. Yeah?
我最近遇到了一个人 是吗
And as much as I like her, it just
虽然我很喜欢她 只是
it wouldn't be fair to put her through something like this.
让她经历这样的事对她来说很不公平
Hey, check it out.
嘿 看
It's definitely not a job interview.
这绝对不是工作面试
Let's go.
我们走
What are you guys doing here? Wait, uh
你们在这儿做什么 等等
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表