剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表
than just, you know, a simple scam.
除了这个简单的骗局
Ooh, how did things go at "Catapult"?
投石那边事情怎么样
Oh, uh, actually, I ran into Adam Gray.
其实 我遇到亚当·格雷了
He came by to congratulate me on my promotion.
他过来恭喜我升职了
He's familiar with email, right?
他知道电邮是什么的吧
Meaning?
什么意思
Meaning, clearly, he wanted to see you in person, Cara.
意思是 显然 他想见到你真人 卡拉
Okay, Rakesh, it wasn't like that.
行了 拉克什 不是这样的
And anyways, okay, here's the interesting part.
无所谓了 有趣的是这里
So he wrote an article on the New York City poker scene.
他写过一篇有关纽约扑克赌场的文章
Turns out, A-List holds
结果发现 A级为他们的
an underground game for their high rollers,
富豪玩家准备了地下的赌场
and he thinks that Tze might play there.
他觉得梓可能会在那里打牌
Does he know where the game is gonna be?
他知道赌场在哪里吗
No, but he's talking to a source that might.
不知道 但他正在和一个可能知道的线人谈
Uh, guys, check this out. Wait, did you find something?
朋友们 看看这个 等等 你查到什么了吗
Kind ofI mean, looks like Zack had his life together.
算是吧 我是说 扎克看起来过得顺风顺水的
He's in ROTC, got accepted early into West Point.
他加入了预备役军官训练营 获得了西点军校的提前录取
So why risk his entire future over a few bucks?
所以为什么为了一点小钱冒这么大风险呢
It's actually way more than a few bucks.
其实不止一点小钱
Looks like Zack cloned hundreds of Facebook accounts
扎克似乎克隆了数百个脸书账户
all running the same birthday scam.
都在进行同样的生日骗局
Wait, so how much money did he raise?
等等 所以他筹了多少钱
$10,000.
一万美元
So now we're adding jail time into the mix if he gets caught.
所以如果他被发现 简历里就要加上坐牢了
We have to stop him.
我们得阻止他
Yeah, and since Zack has no intention of listening to us,
是 既然扎克完全没有收手的意思
his parents need to know what's going on.
他的父母需要知道发生了什么
Hey, Rakesh, can you--
拉克什 你可以
Send you the Wallers' address?
把沃勒家的地址发给你吗
Check your phone. Just did.
看看手♥机♥ 发了
All right, perfect.
很好 完美
Okay, I'm gonna talk to his parents in the morning.
行 我早上去找他父母谈谈
You want to come with? - Yeah, sure.
你要一起来吗 当然
Okay. Rakesh, follow the money.
好 拉克什 追踪那笔钱
We need to figure out what Zack needs with $10,000.
我们得查查扎克为什么需要一万美元
You ever notice how no one ever makes eye contact
你有没有注意过在等候室里
in a waiting room?
没有人会眼神交流
Everyone's always on their phone,
所有人都是在看手♥机♥
or they're just staring at the ground.
或者就盯着地上看
See?
看吧
Sorry. Uh, let's break that trend.
抱歉 那我们就来打破这个趋势吧
I'm Ali. - Emily.
我是阿里 艾米莉
That's one of my favorite novels.
那是我最喜欢的小说之一
Hmm. Mine too.
也是我的
It's, uh, actually why I'm forcing my students
所以我这学期强迫我的学生
to read it this semester.
读这本书
I teach English at Harlem Parochial.
我在哈林教区做英语老师
I went there growing up. Small world.
我从小就是在那里上的学 世界真小
Hey, is Mr. Wheeler still teaching chemistry there?
惠勒老师还在那里教化学吗
Yeah, he's still going.
是啊 还在教呢
Are you waiting for someone, or
你是在等人吗 还是
Uh, no. Just me.
没有 我一个人
I'm actually here 'cause I'm freezing my eggs.
我来这里是为了冻卵
I just don't really have much time for dating,
就是没什么时间约会
and I'm not sure when I'll meet the right person,
而且我也不确定什么时候能遇上对的人
but when that day comes, I just want to make sure
但是如果有机会的话 我想确保自己
I have options, and I...
有选择 而且我
and I am totally over-sharing right now.
我现在有点讲得太多了
I-I'm sorry. I-I do that.
不好意思 我就是会这样
Don't be sorry. It's refreshing.
没事的 这让人耳目一新
Hmm. You're being generous, but I will take it.
是你宽容了 但谢谢你
What about you?
你呢
Same.
我也是
Yeah, yeah, things are busy
是啊 一边计划着未来
with trying to plan out my future
一边在酒吧打工
and working shifts at a bar.
就会很忙
Oh, you moonlight as a bartender.
你兼♥职♥做酒保啊
I manage the Honeysuckle Rose.
我管着忍♥冬玫瑰酒吧
Make the best damn Manhattans in Manhattan.
全曼哈顿最好喝的曼哈顿鸡尾酒
Well, I love a woman who knows how to make a good drink.
我可喜欢知道如何调好酒的女性了
Emily Landry.
艾米莉·兰德里
Uh, yeah, that's me.
是我
It was really nice meeting you, Ali.
真的很高兴见到你 阿里
Yeah, you too.
我也是
Uh, hey, um, about what Rakesh said earlier
那个 有关之前拉克什说的
about why Adam stopped by--
亚当去你那里的原因
Miles, he wasn't there to ask me out.
迈尔斯 他不是为了约我出去
And if he was?
如果是呢
Uh, then I would've said no.
那我会拒绝
I'm not interested in dating anyone right now.
我现在没兴趣跟谁约会
Uh, this is the address.
就是这里了
-
Eric Waller?
埃里克·沃勒吗
That's me. How can I help you?
是我 有什么能帮你的吗
Hi, my name is Miles Finer. This is Cara Bloom.
你好 我是迈尔斯·芬纳 这是卡拉·布鲁姆
We're here about your son Zack.
我们来是为了你儿子扎克
Is he in some sort of trouble?
他惹上什么麻烦了吗
He's running a scam on social media.
他在社交媒体上进行骗局
He stole money from a whole bunch of people,
从很多人那里骗了钱
including my sister.
包括我妹妹
Come in.
请进
How much has he stolen?
他骗了多少钱
Uh, around $10,000.
大概一万美元
Oh, my God.
我的天
I promise you.
我向你保证
I will make sure he returns every dime of that.
我会确保他每一分都还回去的
Do you have any idea what he would need
你知道他为什么
that kind of money for?
需要那些钱吗
Actually, I think I do.
我想我知道
His mom was a soldier.
他母亲曾是一位士兵
Six months ago, she was doing a tour
六个月前 她在阿富汗
in Afghanistan when she was killed.
服役的时候过世了
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
When we were denied the Gold Star for her service,
当他们拒绝为她颁发金星勋章的时候
Zack took it especially hard.
扎克不是很能接受
He idolized his mother...
他崇拜他母亲
the sacrifices she was making for her country.
她为自己的国家作出的牺牲
He wants to follow in her footsteps.
他想跟随她的脚步
Do you mind me asking why you were denied
你介意我问问为什么
the Gold Star honor?
没有颁发金星勋章吗
Because according to the military investigation,
因为根据军方的调查
Meg went AWOL the night she was killed.
梅格死去那晚上擅离职守
Zack thinks the Army is trying to cover up
扎克认为军方在试图掩盖
what really happened.
事情的真♥相♥
He mentioned trying to hire
他几周前提过
a high-priced lawyer a few weeks back.
要雇佣一个要价很高的律师
That's what Zack needs the money for.
所以扎克才需要那些钱
He wants to know the truth about what happened to his mom.
他想知道他妈妈身上到底发生了什么
Yeah.
是的
Except I don't think there was a cover-up.
只是我不觉得有什么掩盖真♥相♥的事情
Why is that?
为什么呢
Meg was in the middle of a 12-month tour.
上次梅格和我通话的时候
The last time we spoke...
她正在为期12个月的行动当中
she was exhausted.
她听起来很累
Sounded like she was ready to come home.
而且听起来她好像已经准备回来了
We were ready to have her home.
我们也准备好等她回家了
I don't know what happened.
我不知道发生什么事了
But Zack won't let it go.
但是扎克就是过不去这个坎
Look, he's a great kid,
他是个好孩子
and he's got his whole future ahead of him.
剧集 | 上帝加我好友(2018) | 导航列表