这很难说
Oh, well, that's difficult to say.
毕竟她就被关在隔壁房♥间
She was being held in an adjoining room.
你很失落
You're upset.
如果你
Look, look, if you...
如果你需要脱衣服 请自便
if you need to disrobe, feel free.
你很安全
You're in a safe place.
只是注意点家具
Just-just mind the furniture.
不 我只为数学而裸
No, I only get naked for math.
这 这与数学全然相反
This, this... this is the opposite of math.
这完全没有道理
This doesn't make any sense.
绑♥架♥像莉莉这样的人
Kidnapping someone like Lily,
让她经历这一切
putting her through all that...
我的天
Oh, my God.
如果联调局认为我就是那个同伙怎么办
What if the FBI thinks that I'm the partner?
他们的确有过这个想法
Well, the thought did cross their mind,
但我很快就指出你的数学能力
but I was quick to point out that your mathematics skills
远超莉莉
far exceed Lily's.
没有什么问题
There isn't a problem that exists
是你不能自行解决的
that you couldn't tackle on your own.
同时
In the meantime,
乔恩和我们的一位同事正在
Joan and one of our colleagues are meeting
和吉米·坎特里尔假释官会面
with Jimmy Cantrell's parole officer.
幸运的话 我们会在已知涉案人员的名单上
With any luck, we'll find the name of the partner
找到这个同伙
on a list of known associates.
看来我对吉米的判断有误
Guess I was wrong about Jimmy.
他的确有脑子
He did have brains.
我能看到它们布满了他的衬衣
I can see 'em all over his shirt.
你当他的假释官有多久了
How long were you his parole officer?
六个月多一点
Little over six months.
我跟他说 就像我告诉所有我负责的人那样
I told him, just like I tell all my guys,
洁身自爱 你就会安然无恙
keep your nose clean, you'll be fine.
很显然 吉米没有听我的话
Obviously, Jimmy didn't listen.
而现在他的鼻子跑到了他的头骨后面
And now his nose is at the back of his skull.
这是我掌握的所有关于他的信息
This is everything I got on him.
并不多啊
It's not a lot, huh?
如我所说 我只负责了他六个月
Like I said, only had him for six months.
你知道他有没有和什么
Do you know if he was hanging out
不应该来往的人来往
with some people that he shouldn't have?
据我所知 他很安分守己
Far as I could tell, he was on the straight and narrow.
不酗酒 不吸毒
No drinking, no drugs.
他唯一的问题就是没找着工作
Only problem he had was finding work,
但现在的人都有这个困扰
but that's par for the course with these guys.
那吉米的两个兄弟呢
What about Jimmy's two brothers?
这上面说他因抢劫酒类商店入狱
Says here they were his codefendants
他们是共同被告人
in the liquor store robbery he went to prison for.
康拉德和基诺
Mmm, Conrad and Geno.
他们还在牢里
They're both still locked up.
吉米只是给他们开车的人 所以他的刑期短点
Jimmy was just their wheelman, so he got a shorter sentence.
很明显 他们都不能和他一起参与绑♥架♥
Obviously, neither one of them did this kidnapping with him.
你知道为什么他会需要一位
Can you think of any reason why he would have needed help
应用数学家的帮助吗
from an applied mathematician?
当然
Sure.
有人问他二加二等于几了呗
Someone asked him what two plus two was.
吉米是个简单的人
Jimmy was a simple guy.
绑♥架♥这个女的还逼她
Abducting this girl and putting her to work
解什么神秘的数学难题
on some mystery math problem?
这听起来并不简单 听起来很复杂
It doesn't sound simple; it sounds complicated.
我觉得这是他同伙的主意
I gotta think it was the partner's idea.
看见我钉在文件夹上的名片了吗
You see the business card I stapled to the folder?
"马文·哈撒韦"
"Marvin Hathaway."
吉米的房♥东 你应该打给他
Jimmy's landlord. You should call him.
要他让你进去吉米的公♥寓♥
Ask him to let you into Jimmy's apartment.
那是我最后看见吉米的地方
That was the last place I saw Jimmy.
我三天前去看过他
Popped in on him three days ago.
看起来没什么不寻常的 但谁知道呢
Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but who knows?
或许你们能发现我没发觉的东西
Maybe you'll see something I missed.
我对吉米没什么意见
I didn't have any complaints against Jimmy.
我甚至觉得他是个不错的租户
I'd even go so far as to say he was a good tenant,
如果他没欠我三个月的房♥租的话
if he didn't owe me three months back rent.
我想这钱是要不回来了
I guess I can kiss that good-bye.
我知道为什么吉米交不起房♥租了
I see why Jimmy was behind on his rent.
他爱赌博
He was a betting man.
这些数字是他从赌博经纪人那得来的
These numbers are the lines he was getting from his bookie.
我猜这些"x"代表结果与预期不符的比赛
I'm guessing these X's are games that didn't go his way.
如果是这样
If they are,
那他的赌运
then he was as habitual a loser
也和他本人一样衰了
as he was a gambler.
这个混球
That son of a bitch.
他跟我说他把钱寄回家给他妈了
He told me he was sending the money home to his mother.
如果你们找出了钱 能用来还他欠的债吗
If you find any here, does it go to pay the people he owed?
我觉得或许你应该在外面等着 哈撒韦先生
I think maybe you should wait outside, Mr. Hathaway.
我们完事后会去找你的
We'll find you when we're done.
你们觉得这是什么
What do you make of these?
墨渍
Ink stains?
看这些墨渍全都在一起
Look how they're all clustered.
间隔一样大 但图案都不一样
The spacing is even, but the pattern is always different.
宾果
Bingo.
字面意思
Literally.
这些是宾果画笔的印子
These are made by a bingo dauber,
用来画宾果卡的笔
a pen used to mark bingo cards.
这些墨渍是一支宾果画笔
And they were created when an especially damp dauber
画在一套卡片上时留下的
bled through a set of cards.
所以吉米下的不仅仅是体育赛事赌注
So Jimmy wasn't just placing sports bets.
他还玩宾果
He was spending time in a bingo parlor?
在5x5的方格纸上进行
最先在纸上集满五条横线、直线或对角线者胜利
宾果游戏需要大量数学计算 对吗
There's a lot of math in bookmaking, right?
所以或许吉米的经纪人就是他的同伙
So maybe Jimmy's bookie was his partner.
他需要一位数学家负责复杂的运算
He needed a mathematician for something complicated,
所以吉米为他绑♥架♥了莉莉
so Jimmy kidnapped Lily for him.
可能
Could be.
但纽约地区有几百名赌博经纪人
But there are hundreds of bookies in the New York area.
我们猜不出他用的是谁
We've got no indication which one he was using.
事实上 我觉得你错了
Actually, I think you're wrong about that.
N36
N-36.
N36
N-three-six.
I30
I-30.
I30
I-three-zero.
西尔维娅·科扎
Sylvia Kozar.
我是贝尔警探 还记得我吗
Detective Bell. You remember me?
之前我是副警探
I used to work Vice.
几年前抓过你儿子
Arrested your son a few years back.
他那时在给你收钱
He was collecting for you.
弄断了一个欠你钱的人的胳膊
Broke the arm of a guy who owed you money.
我记得你
I remember you.
西尔维娅可能看起来不像
Sylvia may not look it,
但她是城里最厉害的博♥彩♥业者
but she's one of the baddest bookmakers in the city.
她从事这行很长时间了
She's been at it a long time.
我只是一个卑微的宾果游戏商店店主
I'm just the humble owner of a bingo parlor.
想下注吗 警探
You want to play, Detective?
第一张卡免费
First card's on me.
不了 我们想了解下吉米··坎特里尔
No. We want to know about Jimmy Cantrell.
我们认为 他除了在这玩宾果外
We think that, in addition to playing bingo here,
还在你这下注
he also placed bets with you.
-没听说过这个人 -几晚前
- I never heard of him. - A few nights ago,
吉米绑♥架♥了一个叫莉莉·萨瓦拉的女人
Jimmy kidnapped a woman named Lily Zavala.
她是个数学家
She was a mathematician.
我的同事猜测
When my colleague wondered
这可能和下注有关
if it might have something to do with bookmaking,
我就想到你了
I thought of you.
或许你跟他做了笔交易
Maybe you made him a deal.
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表