That I have no idea what it means to be a good brother.
他知道麦考夫吗
He knows about Mycroft?
他曾经是我的担♥保♥人
Well, he used to be my sponsor.
他至今仍我最亲近的朋友之一
He remains one of my closest confidants,
所以没错 他知道我哥哥的所有事
so yes, he knows all about my brother.
我迷糊了
I'm confused.
你是气阿弗雷多还是气麦考夫
Are you mad at Alfredo right now or Mycroft?
我以为你很久之前
Because I thought you made peace
就对麦考夫的事释怀了
with what he did a long time ago.
无意冒犯 华生 我需要
Uh, respectfully, Watson, I just... I need
安静平和地完成这项工作 所以...
peace and quiet to finish this work, so...
如果我发现了杀害诺亚·福格尔的
I'll let you know if I find anything
凶手的线索 我会告诉你的
that might lead us to Noah Fogel's killer.
震撼了议会大楼的性丑闻
The sex scandal that rocked the statehouse
周一出现了新反转
took another turn Monday,
副州长办公室
when the lieutenant governor's office
公开了被挪用的基金
disclosed misappropriated funds.
奥尔巴尼的那些蠢货就是管不住
These knuckleheads in Albany can't keep it
自己的下半身 派珀
in their pants, Piper.
什么...
What the...?
老板 我是韦德 抱歉这么晚打给你
Hey, boss, it's Wade. I'm sorry to call so late.
你知道警♥察♥拿来的那些实验室老鼠吗
You know them lab rats the cops brought over?
对 就是犯罪现场的那些老鼠
Yeah, the ones from the crime scene.
有人刚把它们都偷走了
Somebody just stole them all.
我出去看是谁在放烟火时
The rats were right here when I went out to see who was
-老鼠还在这里 -你看到的那辆
- setting off the fireworks. - What about the gray van you saw
从楼前开走的灰色货车呢
pulling away from the building?
-你看到司机了吗 -抱歉
- Did you see the driver? - Sorry.
天太黑了 我离得很远
It was dark. I was far away.
我觉得车牌是T还是L开头的
I think the license plate started with a "T" or "L."
你们有安保摄像头吗
You have security cameras?
没有 这里几乎都没有足够的钱
Nah. There's barely enough money here
喂这些动物
to feed the animals.
那些老鼠为什么那么重要
What's so important about these rats?
它们又不是目击证人 对吗
It's not like they're witnesses, right?
我们认为偷走老鼠的人
Well, we think the person
可能就是我们要找的凶手
who stole the rats might be our killer,
所以我们希望在这里找到一些
so we're hoping to find something here
能让我们找到他的线索
that would lead us to him.
是女的
Her.
我在停车场发现了这个
I found this in the parking lot.
这是什么
What is it?
是衬衫袖口的碎片
It's the edge of a shirt cuff.
根据扣子和图案来看
Given the button and the floral detailing,
我会说这属于一件女士上衣
I'd say it belonged to a woman's blouse.
注意那独特的香味
Note the distinct aroma.
是烟火
Fireworks.
黑火♥药♥ 三硫化二锑
Black powder, antimony trisulfide
准确地说 还有糊精
and dextrin, to be precise.
小偷点了十几根罗马烟火筒
The thief lit a dozen Roman candles,
但我觉得这个才是
but I think this is the one that
让她惹上麻烦的那个 你看 这个走火了
gave her some problems. As you can see, it misfired,
从这里爆了 而不是顶部
exploding from here rather than at the top.
如果我没猜错 点燃它的女人
Now, if I'm right, the woman who lit it was struck
被一种燃烧时可达600摄氏度的物质击中了
by a flaming substance which burns at 600 degrees centigrade.
-听着都疼 -是的
- Ouch. - Indeed.
而且很有可能
And the odds are quite good that after
小偷带着老鼠潜逃后
absconding with the rats, the thief went
去了最近的医院接受治疗
to the nearest hospital for treatment.
如果确实如此...
And if she did...
我们就能把她揪出来了
We can identify her.
你的手指还在
So you still have all your fingers.
真幸运
You're very lucky.
烟火造成的意外可以想当严重
Firework accidents can be very serious.
我说过了 我是做饭时烫伤的
I told you, I burnt myself cooking.
我不知道什么动物收♥容♥所♥被偷的事
I don't know anything about any animal shelter getting robbed.
够了
Stop.
我们已经确认
Okay, we already confirmed
你昨天租了一辆灰色货车
that you rented a gray van yesterday,
跟在收♥容♥所♥被看到逃走的车辆一致
same kind that was seen peeling away from the shelter.
我很好奇 你把你偷的那些啮齿动物放了吗
I'm curious-- did you set the rodents you stole free,
还是...你把它们也弄死了
or... did you murder them as well?
-什么 -我们知道你偷了诺亚·福格尔的老鼠
- What? - We know you took Noah Fogel's rats
好让我们无法判断你是如何给他下毒的
so we wouldn't figure out how you poisoned him.
我们不知道的是你对他有什么不满
What we don't know is what you had against him.
不 不可能
No. No way.
我确实偷了老鼠 没错 你们抓到我了
I did steal the rats. Okay, you got me.
可我跟他的死没有关系
But I had nothing to do with Noah's death.
你能明白这对我们来说有多难相信吧
You could see how that would be hard for us to believe?
我是个遗传学家
I'm a geneticist.
我上周在艾奥瓦州开会
I was in Iowa last week for a conference.
昨天早上才回来
I got back yesterday morning.
诺亚死的时候我根本不在这里
I wasn't even here when Noah died.
我们的实验室
Our lab found thallium
在诺亚家的一盒牛奶中发现了铊
in a carton of milk at Noah's house.
你可能是在离开前下的毒
You could have dosed it before you left.
不 你们可以采集我的指纹 DNA
No. You can have my fingerprints, my DNA.
你们要什么我都配合
I will give you whatever you want.
不如...
How about...
说说你偷十几只老鼠的原因吧
a reason that you would have stolen dozens of lab rats,
如果不是为了掩盖谋杀的话
if not to cover up the murder?
五百万这个原因够吗
Is $5 million a good enough reason?
我是想赢得加拉德奖
I was trying to win the Galahad Prize.
就是加拉德研究所举办的那个
As in the Galahad Institute.
是非营利性的
It's a nonprofit.
他们想找出对抗衰老的手段
They're trying to find a cure for aging.
他们提供五百万美金
They offered five million bucks
给第一个
to the first person who could
能通过基因改造让老鼠寿命翻倍的人
genetically alter a rat to double its life span.
造出一堆老年大老鼠
How is creating a bunch of geriatric rats
怎么能阻止人类衰老
gonna stop humans from aging?
首先 目标是造出不死的老鼠
First, you work toward everlasting rats,
然后是猪和狗
then pigs and dogs,
然后是猴子和猿 然后总有一天...
then monkeys and apes, and one day...
将有不死的我们
Everlasting us.
加拉德奖旨在
The Galahad Prize was supposed to
激励人们迈出第一步
inspire people to take the first steps.
诺亚·福格尔已经迈了好几步了
Noah Fogel had taken quite a few.
他的一只老鼠上个月满了六岁
One of his rats lived to the age of six last month.
这很接近基准线了
That is close to hitting the benchmark.
我听说诺亚死后 就四处打电♥话♥
When I heard Noah was dead, I called around
想知道他的动物们怎么样了
to see what happened to his animals.
我想着 如果我能反向进行他的过程
I thought, if I could reverse-engineer his process...
我自己也许能赢到那五百万
...I might win the five million myself,
可我没杀他
but I didn't kill him.
我知道我们还不能彻底排除她的嫌疑
I know we can't rule her out completely,
-但我不觉得是她干的 -我也一样
- but I don't think she did it. - I don't think so, either.
但不难想象
But it's easy to imagine
是某个跟她有同样目的的人干的
someone like her did.
如果赢得加拉德奖 就是福格尔先生
If winning the Galahad Prize was the secret project
参与的秘密项目
that Mr. Fogel was involved in,
那么选手池里的人
then their pool of contestants
能轻松让我们的嫌疑人数量翻倍
could easily double as our pool of suspects.
她提到的那个研究所值得去拜访一下
The institute she mentioned is worth visiting.
看看还有谁在竞争那些奖金
Find out who else is competing for the money.
好 你们去吧
All right. You guys go.
我去查查她的说辞 看是否站得住脚
I'll look into her story, see if it holds water.
有发现打给你们
I'll call you if I find anything.
"以加拉德爵士 著名的亚瑟王骑士命名
"Named after Sir Galahad, the famed Arthurian knight
"他摸到圣杯 获得了永生
"who gained immortality by touching the Holy Grail,
"加拉德研究所成立于1991年
剧集 | 福尔摩斯:基本演绎法 | 导航列表